What's new

Should i start topping my plant ?

kr0nic666

Hey guys,

My plant here is about 5 weeks since germination. It has 4 sets of 'nodes' i think ? And is producing its next set now. Should i TOP or FIM the plant shortly or let it grow for a few more weeks ?

Thanks

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

M

meowmeowmeow

Meow.....

I just fimed my little ones about that size....still waiting for them to regenerate still.
I usually do it when they're about a foot high.....i think thats better for me.

If thats the only one and you can live with trying some training try it. :joint:

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I'd let it get a bit taller, around the 5th node is usually where I'd top a plant from seed. How big do you want this plant to get?

M

meowmeowmeow

Example

Example

Meow........

Here's 2 shots of a random freebie mix that I'm digging that I fimed 1-2 weeks ago
Just took out of solo cups......less than an hour ago.
Random_1-2.jpg
Random_1-1.jpg

Arf

A lot of people wait until 5 sets of nodes in veg, then top it back to 3 sets, or just FIM it.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
lets kill two birds wiht one stone

i would let it grow a few more inches and then take a cutting off the top

you will be topping your baby and also holding onto what could turn out to be something you may want to grow again

are you topping for yield or to limit growth?

Arf

lets kill two birds wiht one stone

i would let it grow a few more inches and then take a cutting off the top

you will be topping your baby and also holding onto what could turn out to be something you may want to grow again

You can always prune and re vege a plant you want to keep after you see how it turns out in flower, then take cuttings.

kr0nic666

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I waited till today to top. The plant had grown quite a bit in the last 4 days.

Attached are the results after i topped it. Im 100% new too this so its all kind of suck it and see.

I could smell this plant for the first time today :) good times :thank you:

M

meowmeowmeow

Meow kr0nic666.......

This shit ain't rocket surgery ... hehehe... so to me it looks about right.

Like pop rocks asked....for curiosity sake.

If you ever get the opportunity to super crop that shit is crazy fun.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
let that thing grow, the trick is dont killl it with love, i loved some real nice genetics to death , best to let them alone, dont over think it, ive fucked up many a harvest topping a plant that doesnt like it, they didnt grow , you will know when ya need to top it when it screams its way way too big

kr0nic666

Thanks guys, Im topping for both higher yield and because of the limited grow space i have.

Even today less then 24 hours after topping , i can see the two little shoots starting to grow from just below where i cut :)

Exciting times ! Glad to have friends on here that are so helpful !

S

sourpuss

How they looking. The bottom fan tip caught my eye. Your ladies doing good?

Im a big fan of topping and like someone mentioned using that for a clone. 2 or 4 shoots for short grows smaller pots works great.. bigger the pot the more shoots it will support properly.. meaning the plant will have the ability to produce the quality and size of bud your looking for.

kr0nic666

No need for concern about that burnt tip, got a little bit of nute burn when it was very young, has recovered perfectly i believe.

Id love to be able to use cuttings for clones but i dont have a space to put clones or anywhere for them to veg while the others are flowering :(

M

meowmeowmeow

ditto

ditto

let that thing grow, the trick is dont killl it with love, i loved some real nice genetics to death , best to let them alone, dont over think it,

Words to live by shawkmon for sure....

Here's a DNA Tangie that I got back Bonsai'd and with training have great a lil bush......

20160716_081443_HDR.jpg

Ghetto grow test techniques in full effect with the bucket & fabric bag.
downside is extreme pressure from the tie down made this split almost right down the middle.
Duct tape baby! :woohoo:
Good luck :joint:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Words to live by shawkmon for sure....

Here's a DNA Tangie that I got back Bonsai'd and with training have great a lil bush......

View attachment 371645

Ghetto grow test techniques in full effect with the bucket & fabric bag.
downside is extreme pressure from the tie down made this split almost right down the middle.
Duct tape baby! :woohoo:
Good luck :joint:

some nice cap nip brother!

dident i read somewhere on here that you sew your own grown bags?
maybe i was trippin?

M

meowmeowmeow

Meow....
Pop rocks werent me mang.
Too lazy. I just throw ideas together and run with them.
That Tangie has about 12 visible flower sites now due to training.
Won't be that big but will be quality fo'sho.
I try to update the pics on my profile so stay tuned.