What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What 4 Sativas do I have to try?

juggernaut

I'm growing in gh with light dep. So I can now run Sativas outdoors(gh)
I've grabbed a few Nevilles Haze seeds. Any suggestions on what I need to try ( must be available thru seeds).

Breadwizard

I vote for at least one of the Ace offerings:
Zamaldelica (zamal X [ Malawi X Thai ])
Destroyer (Thai x [Colombia x Mexico])
Golden Tiger (Malawi x Thai)

Any of these would be killer.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Malawi Gold - Seeds Of Africa seedbank, Ace Seeds, The Real Seed Company

Kerala - The Real Seed Company

The Real Seed Company (TRSC) also has a lot of other Indian strains. TRSC strains are harder to germinate though, so in that way, they're not for beginners.

Also, they're landrace strains, so if you breed them you're also preserving rare strains and are likely to find something very different from the usual Haze-Skunk-Afghani crosses that seem to be 80% or more of genetics out there.

Happy Times

My faves

NL/Haze, friend did some from Sensi long ago, not sure if it’s still the same. Also the Fort Collins Cough1 was sooooo good. Been curious about Connoisseur “The 90’s Haze”

Iron Cindy (KOS) - for the pheno I had, a catpissy & hint of pineapple smell when fresh, electric high that I loved. Easy to grow and big yield, mold susceptible

Super Lemon Haze- got from a CO dispensary, solid nugs, nice musk and lemon flavor, up and “I’m baked hard” feel. Loved summer pool time with some of this on the way there

G

GatorGumbo

Kali Mist or Western Winds is a good one that nobody has mentioned yet. I haven't run it myself, but it's supposed to be amazing.

CrushnYuba

I have been really wanting to grow Panama x malawi by ace in my greenhouse. I want to try too this year.

Something with super thin leafs, that gets huge.. Stetches 3x in flower. DENSE spear shaped buds.. Phenos that finishes in 70ish days.. Not that sweet.. What is that?

Last edited:

madalasatori

Veteran
I’ve grown kali mist and western winds in recent years and they were crap. Only ran a few beans though. Very indica in structure and high

G

GatorGumbo

Sorry to hear that madalasatori. I've heard the Serious one has been skewed a couple of times already now, and that has taken a lot of my enthusiasm out of running them. Western Winds is supposed to be more like the original, but not exactly. Those classic versions are true gems based on what I have heard, but good luck finding them of course.

Carraxe

Veteran
Some of these sativas people recommend are a little tricky, some take much time and produce very little. Since I don't know your experience, I would recommend some more commercials sativas as well, like Jack Herer, Sour Diesel, Titan's haze (Haze Skunk, 12 weeks) and Mextiza, that is the tastiest and more magic sativa I've ever tasted.

Cheers

MadMac

far beyond driven...
1. Tom Hill haze
2. O-Haze
3. Zamal Mangu'Carrot
4. Mulanje Gold / Malawi Gold
5. Ko Chang or similar asia like Thai Stick
6. Titans Haze
7. Nevilles Haze
8. Fumo con diabolos
9. Zamaldelica
10. The Doors

list goes endless ...
best advice ... get some Tom Hill Haze...
M.:tiphat:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Some of these sativas people recommend are a little tricky, some take much time and produce very little.
If you want easy growth and germination and indica style buds, then there are plenty of Afghani heavy crosses out there.

However, that is why Afghani was bred into all these Sativas to begin with - smaller stature, bag appeal, shorter flowering time.

However, all these items can be overcome:

- Stature

To keep the Sativa smaller, start 12/12 or 11/13 after a week or so of 18/10. In the tropics at the equator, light cycles are 12/12 year around and as far away from the equator as Bankok it's 13/11 and 11/13.

- Potency

You should go for as many amber trichomes on Sativas (and really Indicas too) as you can.

Carraxe

Veteran
If you want easy growth and germination and indica style buds, then there are plenty of Afghani heavy crosses out there.

However, that is why Afghani was bred into all these Sativas to begin with - smaller stature, bag appeal, shorter flowering time.

However, all these items can be overcome:

- Stature

To keep the Sativa smaller, start 12/12 or 11/13 after a week or so of 18/10. In the tropics at the equator, light cycles are 12/12 year around and as far away from the equator as Bankok it's 13/11 and 11/13.

- Potency

You should go for as many amber trichomes on Sativas (and really Indicas too) as you can.

I really believe that you didn't understand my post. Are you really talking about afghanis in a sativa thread?