What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Odor Killing Gel.

Alright, I have a small 6 plant bubbler set up and I am currently growing 4 bogglegums(2 were male).

My entire apartment reeks to high heaven of GRAPE BUBBLEGUM!

I love it but it makes my girlfriend nervey so I went to home depot and got a tub of their supposed odor absorber gel...all it did was combine with the grape smell so now the apartment smells like grape and oranges. I get the munchies even when I am sober. I still love it my my girl friend is sweating buckets.

So I ordered the Odor killing gel and the spray from one of the larger online hydro outlets. The one with the skunk on the label. They claim that this is odor free.

I have a small place and don't feel comfy ozoning it up. So you think this new gel will work?

teddynugent

I am not sure what product you are talking about. Do you have a link or name of the product?

Can you build a carbon scrubber? There's plans around to make them for about $50 give or take. If your room is sealed and vented well, this would be your best bet in my opinion.

IF that's not an option, I would look into a product called ONA. It's a gel like you talked about, but it works pretty damn good from my experience. They sell little tubs of it all the way up to 5 gallon buckets. They also sell this fan-like assembly that sits ontop of the bigger buckets. The guy turned it on in the hydro store for me, and by the time I walked from the back of the store to the front, all you could smell was that ONA shit.

I had the same problem years back. I set some plants up at a friends apartment ( about 75) just to get ready to go outside. So, we wern't budding or anything but damn did those things stink. It was in an apartment complex(bad idea guys) and you could smell the plants when you walked in the front door of the complex, and he was 2 floors down in the basement. Anyway, we were both pretty broke at the time, but had to do something about the smell. We bought about 5 little tubs of the ONA, and put a few in the apt, and the others we hid out in the hallway. We also bought a few of those plug-in air fresheners that spray every 1 to 5min. The ONA worked very well to kill the odor and the air-fresheners helped out some for sure. Like I said, the ONA did a lot more than those plug-ins, but the combp killed the smell. Afterwards, you only smelled it when you walked into the bedroom.

Sorry for rambling. I have the tendancy to do that when I'm stoned.

It is actually called: "Odor Killer" it has a skunk on the label with a gun pointed at its face...It is supposedly better than ONA. It is more expensive.

U

Uncle Hughie

Hey

Hey

There is a more inexpensive way of holding down that smell!

I dont know where you live..But here in Ireland we have little guase material sheets that peole put in their Tumble Dryers to give the clothes some fragerance....
so at the exit point of your air vent ,atach a piece of tubing and fill the feck outta it with these little clothes......

they are called Bounce here in ireland..
you can also place them in a big plastic bottle and blow youre smoke through them out the window to quell the smell.lol
Good for Dorms and satyin at the inlaws ..
Peace!

teddynugent

Wow Uncle Hughie, that brought back some memories. I used to use the fabric softener/paper towel all the time. Me and my friends would smoke like crazy in my room and blow the smoke in there. It does kill the smell when you smoke in small quantities, but we'd sit up there and smoke a whole damn 8th, blowing every hit through that thing like it was really gonna kill the smell from smoking all that weed. LOL

BenitoCereno- If that stuff is suposed to work better than ONA, you should be set man. Like I said, that ONA stuff worked good for me. Let me know how that stuff works. I always like to have something around for smell.

c99_smoker

I agree with teddy, I've tried ONA, & bounce sheets, they mask the smell for a while but not entirely. I built a carbon scrubber for under $50, the biggest cost was for the 5lbs of activated carbon. This is the safest, most effective method of odor control.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Go to Home Depot and pick up a container of Agrosoke polymer crystals.

Expand crystals using 3 parts water to 1 part Pinesol (or any other liquid cleaner concentrate you desire). Do not fully expand until it is just a slushy mess. You want them to "ball up" into small balls or chunks.

Get one of those Volcano fans from Walmart that cost about $10 and a container that is large enough to hold the fan and the crystals, but small enough to fit in your grow area.

Drill holes in the container just about the level of the crystals and mount the fan on top and secure inside the grow chamber.

One dose per grow usually does the job.

teddynugent

MPD- That's a good idea man. Does it effect the taste and smell of the dried herb? I've never used anything for odor right inside the grow room. I don't think that the plants would pick up the smell, but I figure it's worth asking.

Funkadafi

anyone else seen the oreck super 8 room air filter? i've been looking for something to help with my allergies that might also do the trick for the grow.

was thinking about trying it for my setup and seeing how it stands up - they offer a 90 day risk free trial afterall....

I use a product called "Nil-Odor Tap-A-Drop". It's for house pet odor control, and can be found at many pet supply stores here in the US. It comes in a small squeeze bottle and is quite effective for my 6-8 plant operation. I buy it by the case because it works. Two drops near each entrance to the house, two at the grow room door, and one through my exhaust, two times a day, and no weed odor in the house, and I grow AK’s. I will stress the importance of proper applications. Use too little and it don’t work, use too much and your neighborhood will smell like a Swedish hospital.
Here’s a link to my tested supplier.
http://www.cherrybrook.com/store/ProductDetails.aspx?parent=true&productID=53055

Forfingoz

Hi Funk, what I do is cut a Q-tip in half and attach it to an open screw hole on the intake side of my inline fan. I use the same Q-tip method for the rest of the house too. Simply stapling/taping the half Q-tip to the door frames. The cotton swabs make a good landing pad for the drops, and are quite unassuming.

Forfingoz

AdolfHiltler

odor problem

odor problem

FF,

Thanks for information. I just ordered to try myself. $3.95 is good price.

Anybody have url for making Carbon Scrubber????

:confused:

:)

bchashman

carbon scrubber

carbon scrubber

read the charter issue of international cannagraphic there is a great way to to make a carbon filter there!! once again great mag!!

Hippo

Ive used that "Optimum growth's Odor killer" with the skunk on the front.
IMO it works ok for a little grow, say about 1 x 600 watt grow, if u are any bigger id look into a carbon filter.
Heres the link to "Odour control" FAQ at OG, ODOUR FAQ

And heres a link to a CMEMORY CARBON FILTER
Theres some info on ozone and other stuff there.
The carbon filter in ICmags first edition is pretty cool too, kinda like the link above.

I used to use ozone, its easy to poison plants with ozone though.

Goodluck
Hippo

Latest posts

Latest posts