What's new

Growing in NY

Redbuddz

High Guys n Gals

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is legal to grow in NY. Obviously it never was allowed but I am hearing of a recent bill that was passed that allows a person to recreationally grow up to 5 plants.

It would be great if this true and my fingers are crossed here

Redbuddz

Shadimar

I've heard nothing of the sort, but I should point out that many med bills passed the house or the senate, but not both, before the current law was signed by the governor who claims it's too dangerous.

In other words, it's often reported in the news that a bill was passed, but they gloss over the fact that it still has to pass the other half of congress and be signed by the executive to become law

Now, is there any chance that you heard there were 5 production licenses given recently.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Yeh it's legal till u get caught whew

neverforget420_tumblr_akabunny.jpg

Redbuddz

Yes, I have heard that there have been production licenses awarded and I heard that 2 of those companies have already acquired properties to conduct that business.

I believe you may be right with the bill's having passed thru one of the houses but not the other.

the Legalizing of growing was attached to one of the proposed bills for medical use here in NY which I believe was passed and is now legal to acquire and use medical pot if you have a medical use card to which I have no clue as to where one gets the medical use card here in NY?

OK, thanks for the input guys

Fly by Night, everything is legal until you get caught. LOL

igrowone

Veteran
the NY MMJ doesn't start till next year, 2016
but the first licenses for the suppliers have been issued
and it won't be far from me, cool that weed is making some in roads here
not so cool it will be a another dispensary only MMJ, actually hospital dispensed
not sure how this will play out, another NJ MMJ? god i hope not
until then, fuck 'em and keep on growing in NY

T

tazz11

MMJ laws suck ass ,legalize or get the f out of office ... who wants to be a number on their hit list ...the 1968 gun law gives them the right to search anyone at any time ..you need to be willing to give up your rights to smoke in NY state . say no to MMJ .. legalize or tell them to FO ....

any thing less then legalized is a joke on "we the people "

23 states past MMJ laws last time I looked that's more then half ,why is it not legal now ...?

all comes down to votes ...lol

one doctor has a legal treatment center , talk about a waiting list .....what a bunch of total BS ...those permits are being sold to the highest bidders,,

Last edited:

dddaver

Veteran
No smoke MMJ? So if someone goes in and buys a legal bud at the dispensary, then goes and smokes it, how would anyone know he smoked it? Or even if they plan to just sell oil, people used to put a drop of that on a cigarette and smoke that. The whole thing is strange. Maybe they'll amend it before 2016 so it makes a little sense.

T

tazz11

I have been reading on this for a few months now you will need a med card to buy anything at dispensary , that's why I think the MMJ law is a joke ...hold it they want to give a big company the right to sell you what they want to sell you and if you don't have their card you cant smoke in NY what BS ...that's why I say no to MMJ I feel the laws are designed to track the people that smoke not help anyone with a sickness .. this law will help no one other then the big companies and the government ...Legal no restrictions other then age , we are not stupid we don't need them to hold our hands ..or tell us who can smoke or when or where or why ...

legalize out right all states ... 18 and over ..

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
No smoke MMJ? So if someone goes in and buys a legal bud at the dispensary, then goes and smokes it, how would anyone know he smoked it? Or even if they plan to just sell oil, people used to put a drop of that on a cigarette and smoke that. The whole thing is strange. Maybe they'll amend it before 2016 so it makes a little sense.

i've seen some posts that mention it will be concentrates only
but can't say i know what the fine legal points on this will be
if the dispensary sells buds, then it's only symbolic, people will do what they want with that bud
i'll offer a compromise, give a free vaporizer to every patient

T

tazz11

the only way this new law will work is if they legalize all the way .. they can tax companies that sell products for growing and selling MMJ , but we should have the right to grow and passing laws to restrict growing on our own land is wrong ,,we already pay for bad governmental choices to fight wars that don't prove a damn thing other then how to line the pockets of corrupt government leaders .and those leaders are still trying to put their friends in office ,, cut the strings and do what we have to ,make government work for the people ....we are not their cash cow ...

I don't need a card to walk into a bar and get a drink .. why should I need one to set in my own home and smoke or grow ...?

we can drink in our own homes and make beer at home ...we don't need a card for that ...

if you give in now they when and it will never be legalized ....

help force legalization in to law ....MMJ is a one way Dead end street ...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
The legislation that was passed for this medical program is a complete farce. The application fee is $10,000 non refundable and you must have a problem like cancer, epilepsy, near dead and have a reccomendation from a doctor. Everyone else who has other issues is screwed. If your application is accepted you have to pay $200,000 to get into the program. If your application is rejected your $200K is refunded. To sum it up you need $210,000.

The state gave out five growing licenses to cover the entire state. The people/organizations who got the licenses have to set up shop and sell and grow in their own buildings. As for the tax rate who knows, probably a few arms and a leg. The law also says it is illegal to smoke it, so the only form you can get is oil or extractions.

In a nutshell it is rediculous.

-Funk

T

tazz11

The legislation that was passed for this medical program is a complete farce. The application fee is $10,000 non refundable and you must have a problem like cancer, epilepsy, near dead and have a reccomendation from a doctor. Everyone else who has other issues is screwed. If your application is accepted you have to pay $200,000 to get into the program. If your application is rejected your $200K is refunded. To sum it up you need $210,000.

The state gave out five growing licenses to cover the entire state. The people/organizations who got the licenses have to set up shop and sell and grow in their own buildings. As for the tax rate who knows, probably a few arms and a leg. The law also says it is illegal to smoke it, so the only form you can get is oil or extractions.

In a nutshell it is rediculous.

-Funk

but don't worry they can smoke in Dc ,.a state away ....sounds like the right to next to nothing ....lol

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran

no sales of bud, only vape pens, pills, tinctures, edibles, patches, topicals, etc. med patients will never see a bud unless they go black market.
do you think the tools that bought those licenses could grow buds to compete with the black market?
it would take years so they outlawed buds and try to make it all look more like big pharma so they look more respectable.

each of the 5 licensed growers are limited to 5 strains grown. betcha theres no Stink Panties Shatter, LOL.

it's been amended for 16 years now and it's finally cooked, well done and tasty for the 5 sellers and the lobbyists and their political lackeys.
they used a bunch of kids in wheelchairs to get this passed and it will mean billions for a few eventually.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
it's been amended for 16 years now and it's finally cooked, well done and tasty for the 5 sellers and the lobbyists and their political lackeys.
they used a bunch of kids in wheelchairs to get this passed and it will mean billions for a few eventually.

I worked with Assemblyman Gottfried (2008-13) to work on "The Bill"(it changes its name each session)
After I testified we had gotten home growing in the bill but then the next week Josh stanley met with Cuomo and this time the bill kept its name but changed every word inside of it.

Its been a few months since I had the courage to read th new law (ive been devastated at how politics work) and as I remember there is no home grow. THE only cannabis patients will have access to is a finished product (capsules, gels, tonics, patches) - no bud, no hash
Most of the language of the bill is all about money, not ablut the patients.

Compare the Compassionate Care act to any previous iteration of Sb 4406 before 2013 - not even in the same league

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
As long as Coumo is in Office,rec or even Growing own for Pain will never happen.The Med NY is concentrat'es only and in Capsule form.No ever smoking.And Patients have to have Life threatening illnesses to get it.Only 20 or less Hospitals will be able to Give MMJ to patients.Hes so messed up.A Growing facility in Johnson City is up for a License ald another not too far from That.Its good News for those that really need it and werent able to get anything before atleast .Coumo =💩.Peace and Stay Safe,DancesWithWeed🌱🍁🍀

Latest posts

Latest posts