What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The End of Caregiving As We Know It In Michigan: Medical Marijuana Bills Pass Senate

morgandecaptain

Not sure why any of this surprises anyone,they've done everything in their power to corrupt the MMMA since it was voted in by the people. You're beyond naive if you think the parasites in Lansing care about the sick or working people. They need to get rid of home grows and caregivers because they couldn't figure out how to extort money out of sick people and their caregivers. It's much easier to get rich by getting kickbacks,bribes and payoffs from a small group of people that will control it in the end. My guess is that marijuana penalties for breaking the new rules in this new system will be more harsh than before the MMMA was even voted in. The biggest sin of all will be cutting into corporate profits and the graft that the politicians enjoy. I've been saying this was coming for years and most people thought I was nuts.

Last edited:

morgandecaptain

There is nothing funny about this. And for those that think prices will not go up drastically,think again. Once scientific studies prove it's medicinal properties prices will skyrocket, want proof just look at the newest example, Epipens, $1 worth of medicine now costs $600.

Why do you think big pharma is bankrolling opposition to recreational marijuana.

TheMan13

Veteran
The play here is clear and that is regulatory capture. Sadly this game has become the life blood of every modern politician and lobbyist, The People be damned. It is also the problem within our Justice System which through equivocation of self interest has rendered MMMA and it's protections an absurdity replaced by (underfunded and lost) case law (aka common law).

Regulatory capture is a form of government failure that occurs when a regulatory agency, created to act in the public interest, instead advances the commercial or political concerns of special interest groups that dominate the industry or sector it is charged with regulating. When regulatory capture occurs the interests of firms or political groups are prioritised over the interests of the public, leading to a net loss to society as a whole. Government agencies suffering regulatory capture are called "captured agencies".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture

As this subversion tactic is literally a form of warfare, albeit conducted by cowardly elitists via cash and influence, it is still war. I've used the term "lawfare" over the years to describe this situation. Sadly no ballot will right this ship, as that is simply another subversion ruled by propaganda and ignorance. IMHO the only way The People will ever wrestle back their governments corrupted (captured) use of force will be with a righteous use of force, be it revolution or civil war. With 20 trillion dollars of debt currently strapped (taxed) to the backs of our future generations playing these games what choice will our children have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion

Last edited:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I guess as an old guy ya just sit back and laugh at all this foolishness.

Age obviously does not always bring wisdom I guess??

Here ladies and gentlemen we have a teachable moment.

You sir and the people in our community who think like this are a huge part of the problem...

TheMan13

Veteran
If this is a war we are going to be slaughtered unless we can do something together and at least post pone this crap.

I really hope those 3 assholes get what they deserve, in the meantime, I dont think its impossible to slow this down, what can be done?

Make noise and ask questions of your local Senator and Representative: http://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/districtlocator/

This legislative scheme isn't a sure thing and there's lots of disagreement between even the lobbyists atm. I would suggest though, that if you reach out to your Senator and/or Representative, please demand that HB4210 stop being held hostage and passed on it's own merit. It is not tie-barred to any of these other packaged bills. Tell them you're tired of forcing your grandmother/child to smoke their chemo/epilepsy meds, it's been years now ;-)~

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is nothing funny about this. And for those that think prices will not go up drastically,think again. Once scientific studies prove it's medicinal properties prices will skyrocket, want proof just look at the newest example, Epipens, $1 worth of medicine now costs $600.

Why do you think big pharma is bankrolling opposition to recreational marijuana.

Yes it is funny!

Peeps keep asking their masters to help them not obey their masters. (Government has no business, what so ever, attempting to control individuals. Yet, individuals insist upon asking the government for permission to do that which was never wrong in the first place!)

That's fucking hilarious!!!

@TheMan13,
Case law is most certainly NOT common law!
They're not even related.

TheMan13

Veteran
@TheMan13,
Case law is most certainly NOT common law!
They're not even related.

Maybe I misused or you misunderstood the context?

"A common law legal system is characterized by case law developed by judges, courts, and similar tribunals, when giving decisions in individual cases that have precedential effect on future cases."

TheMan13

Veteran
I was really considering becoming a care giver. Fuck it now I guess.

If this legislative business model passes no caregiver will be allowed to participate at any level. You may actually have opportunities others will not. That is if you can make 8.50$ per hour work as a living wage ...

Hookah79

If this legislative business model passes no caregiver will be allowed to participate at any level. You may actually have opportunities others will not. That is if you can make 8.50$ per hour work as a living wage ...

From what i read ,caregivers in MI are exempt from the dispensary rules,and they can still grow for their patients,no?

mule420

From what i read ,caregivers in MI are exempt from the dispensary rules,and they can still grow for their patients,no?

I'm sure it's the same as Colorado! So caregivers are still legal you just can't sell your overages to dispensarys. Same thing happened here, it was a good thing for caregivers and patients as you could make some cash back without hitting the patient for the cash... Big business came to rape the sick and ailing.

TheMan13

Veteran

You are correct Hookah79. The MMMA will remain in parallel with this legislation initially, but overages will be criminalized. I believe we will see many more raids on caregiver and patients homes without question.

stim

the MI law states that it is to protect OUR free use of cannabis as a medicine. If you feel your rights are being infringed upon YOU must do something about it. There will NEVER be a law stating you must buy some BS commercial pot from some dude you don't know from adam. there wont even be enough pot period not even enough to make money on for those companies if all they can grow is maybe a couple commercial warehouses. Many can call rick many can call ..lahey

growingcrazy

It would seem that the only thing being addressed is all the illegal activity that is hiding behind the MMMA. Overages are illegal, dispensing is illegal, making a "living" doesn't have fuck to do with the law.

What is it Caregivers, money or patients? We have had 8 years of the state watching Caregivers take advantage for money, what do you expect?

Your not going to grow weed in your basement and put your kids through college legally. The same people complaining are the ones that are making our law a joke to the rest of john q public. Please leave, we don't want you in MI.

growingcrazy

The dispensary system is what caused our problems, yes. Caregivers are still the ones bringing "overages" through the door though.

I shouldn't group all caregivers either... Many have stuck within the guidelines of the MMMA and I applaud that group (I fall in this category also).

We really just need a split between Med and Rec/Com. I am all for testing and even a seed to sales tracking system for anyone making a taxable income. Stay compliant and all is well.

In regards to the armored truck delivery system, how do they pay taxes on a federally illegal transfer?

mule420

It would seem that the only thing being addressed is all the illegal activity that is hiding behind the MMMA. Overages are illegal, dispensing is illegal, making a "living" doesn't have fuck to do with the law.

What is it Caregivers, money or patients? We have had 8 years of the state watching Caregivers take advantage for money, what do you expect?

Your not going to grow weed in your basement and put your kids through college legally. The same people complaining are the ones that are making our law a joke to the rest of john q public. Please leave, we don't want you in MI.

I don't understand your position... Maybe state clearly what and with whom your pissed at?

I can only comment on my caregiver experience in Colorado. I paid about a $1500 a month to grow... I charged half the going rate when I started so $200 a ounce, as my grow and patients grew I was able to sell my overage back to a dispensary. I then sold to the patients meds for $50 a ounce... Why because my time and labor were covered by me selling my excess meds to the dispenary. I'm a good guy and all and some of my people were on fixed incomes so I cut them some slack but nothing is free, anything of worth has some cost... That warm cozy feeling you get doesn't pay the light bill...

Do you grow for free? Do you give your patients meds for free? Are you able to use all the meds before they degrade? There will always be people that game any system, focusing on them doesn't help you in anyway...

Besides what's wrong with someone making a living growing weed and helping people? Some names come to mind bodhi,subcool, DJ and JD short, Tom hill, and on and on... except that rat Rezdog fuck that guy! :dunno: :2cents:

growingcrazy

I don't understand your position... Maybe state clearly what and with whom your pissed at?

I can only comment on my caregiver experience in Colorado. I paid about a $1500 a month to grow... I charged half the going rate when I started so $200 a ounce, as my grow and patients grew I was able to sell my overage back to a dispensary. I then sold to the patients meds for $50 a ounce... Why because my time and labor were covered by me selling my excess meds to the dispenary. I'm a good guy and all and some of my people were on fixed incomes so I cut them some slack but nothing is free, anything of worth has some cost... That warm cozy feeling you get doesn't pay the light bill...

Do you grow for free? Do you give your patients meds for free? Are you able to use all the meds before they degrade? There will always be people that game any system, focusing on them doesn't help you in anyway...

Besides what's wrong with someone making a living growing weed and helping people? Some names come to mind bodhi,subcool, DJ and JD short, Tom hill, and on and on... except that rat Rezdog fuck that guy! :dunno: :2cents:

Why do you need to go by way of dispensary? I would guess ease of making money...

Caregivers could supply every patient in the state, we don't need dispensaries.

Creating a SB that outlaws dispensaries and makes collectives legal sounds more appealing. How many patients can you supply on 72 plants, if you were allowed?

PeterGreen

Get the money out of politics and maybe our representatives will start working
for us. It'll take work (like the Man said "make noise") but getting a Constitutional
amendment thru an article 5 convention coming from the states up. Your state Rep
or Senator lives in your town and has a staff of one. You can talk to them. They're
not off in DC bought and paid for. No mater what side they're on (or your on) they
know money corrupts so we\they all have an example of what we don't like. Watch
the Rhode Island Senate applaud the activists who worked for it after voting 34-0
to become the 5th state to sign on.

I too don't understand why trying to make a living is a bad thing. Don't mind
paying taxes (in fact with a little creativity I do) but I don't care for poverty