What's new

cops are onto RFI-AM radio and elec. ballasts

shithawk420

Veteran
WTF?I can't help but remember these stories about GPS or something a couple years back in ballasts.what the hell is in these things to cause this!?

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh my.that's down right scary.thanks for that link Mojave.so theoretically I can know who is growing in my neighborhood by scannining AM frequencies?that really was a great link.and this is old news?I've got some homework to do.

growshopfrank

Veteran
WTF?I can't help but remember these stories about GPS or something a couple years back in ballasts.what the hell is in these things to cause this!?

I think that was one of those paranoid delusions kinda like the cocaine worm, did ya ever hear about that one?

waveguide

Veteran
i was thinking faraday cage myself.. don't have a ballast to hide :p but if you do the math and check frequency to aperture size, you may be able to just use steel window screen... that's what they use at the U here.........

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Unless you plan on building a Faraday cage around your whole building, you will likely need to just build the filters. The ballasts are basically turning all the wiring, to the lamps, and from the ballast into the building's wiring, into an antenna. The number of ballasts determine the strength of the signal.

growshopfrank

Veteran
Hey, google eco-foil and look it up yourself. Radiant barrier SCIF. It will block all rf energy . That's how it's done.

Looked it up,putting this as kindly as I possibly can . Under no circumstance would I trust my freedom and security to the amount of RF attenuation that mylar provides when using digital HID ballasts

growshopfrank

Veteran
FWIW I am a bit of technology nerd I play with a AOR 5000A receiver hooked to a SDR-14 that gives me the ability to view the RF spectrum up to 3000MHZ.
Its eyeopening what electronics and appliances around the house that just sing with strong RF emissions

shithawk420

Veteran
No it wasn't coke paranoia Frank.I think it was this site but can't remember the poster.He bought used ballasts on craiglist and they were bugged.this might be off topic anyway.sorry

Morcheeba*

Veteran
No it wasn't coke paranoia Frank.I think it was this site but can't remember the poster.He bought used ballasts on craiglist and they were bugged.this might be off topic anyway.sorry

i remember that post. i believe it was someone who used to be from fla and at the time was growing on an island but the dudes name escapes me.

peace

jgrow

Fe203 and Shungite, powdered form, put it into paint, paint on the walls outside of the grow, paint on the ballasts, paint on the breaker box and paint on the wall behind your electrical meter. I would be very interested in seeing the test results afterwards but do not have the equipment to run the tests.

Fe203 resonates at 7.83hz and transmutes electrical frequencies.

Shungite absorbs EMF and I believe RF (although not 100% sure on RF)

Last edited:

growshopfrank

Veteran

Hawk sorry that it came across that way. I wasn't trying to say that you were paranoid,its just that in the hydro business sometimes you hear these wacky stories.
You have a point though if you buy used gear from some random dude it might be worthwhile to take a good look at it for more reasons than just tracking devises.

FWIW the cocaine worm story was that a bunch of folks that were overindulging swore that the CIA or some other government agency was contaminating coke with some worm eggs that would hatch then eat into the users brain and make them crazy.

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol!didn't hear about that story.kinda sounds like an alien invasion or something.lol might be a good idea for a movie!Evil alien coke worms from space!

shithawk420

Veteran
Wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything.hope it didn't seem like it.but I got a chuckle out of it.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Hawk sorry that it came across that way. I wasn't trying to say that you were paranoid,its just that in the hydro business sometimes you hear these wacky stories.
You have a point though if you buy used gear from some random dude it might be worthwhile to take a good look at it for more reasons than just tracking devises.

FWIW the cocaine worm story was that a bunch of folks that were overindulging swore that the CIA or some other government agency was contaminating coke with some worm eggs that would hatch then eat into the users brain and make them crazy.

As if coke won't make people as crazy as shithouse rats all by itself. Been there, done that long ago & I'm never going back.

Mixing it with copious amounts of booze will put a person way, way out there. It takes a long time to get all the poison out of one's system, too, so the craziness just lasts & lasts.

Lots of painful memories in that, mostly of paranoid psychotic episodes & funerals.

rhinoman 1

Looked it up,putting this as kindly as I possibly can . Under no circumstance would I trust my freedom and security to the amount of RF attenuation that mylar provides when using digital HID ballasts

Hey Frank, thanx for not breaking it off in my ass. Totally agree with ya.