What's new

BUSTED, no ryme or reason

zenoonez

Veteran
Fire your lawyer, get some loans from family and contact some lawyers listed on NORML for your state, find one you trust and who is in your price range.

Y

yamaha_1fan

I have had a few legal issues in my life and if your lawyer is even discussing a plea with you before seeing all the dicovery, find a new lawyer. He needs to see discovery, take depositions, etc, to see what kind of case they have. I assume fed because you said safety valve.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

THCforus

Thanks for all the responses guy's, sincerly.
I should probably point out that it started as a state thing, but was taken over by the feds. I ended up being raided twice for the same offence.
since the lawyer rec. the discovery, he has not asked me one question about anything. i'm not used to the system or anything, but it seems to me that he dosent really care to much about the outcome of this case. All advice is appreciated and welcome. Thanks for all the support everyone. I dont have a comp. at home, but i have access to one that i try to check on daily. Wether you know it or not your responses help alot.
Thanks again, THC

79towncar

Good luck cuz.. I know exactly how it feels.. I was looking at some very serious time all the while I was innocent.. My 1st attorney tried to get me to take an 8 year plea.. In the end I beat the case but I was innocent.. A good attorney makes a huge difference.. If your current one doesn't seem optomistic then move on.. A good attorney is worth his weight in gold...

I hate it for you man.Sounds like your atty is just in it for the paycheck.bet he has a nice car or office.get a new one if you can.

j6p

I should probably point out that it started as a state thing, but was taken over by the feds. I ended up being raided twice for the same offence. since the lawyer rec. the discovery, he has not asked me one question about anything. i'm not used to the system or anything, but it seems to me that he dosent really care to much about the outcome of this case.

Fire your lawyer, get some loans from family and contact some lawyers listed on NORML for your state, find one you trust and who is in your price range.

Yes that lawyer has to go; he is lazy and seems inexperienced, i.e. worthless. You need a lawyer who knows the system and is committed to your defense. Contact NORML, borrow money if necessary. It looks like the state and Feds were stepping on each others' toes? The sooner a competent lawyer starts sorting your case out, the better. Good luck to you.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
You got raided by the Feds for an oz? What? If the Feds are involved then your garden is a lot bigger than you're leading on. Not that it's our business...just something didn't seem to make sense.

YES GET A NEW LAWYER AND DO IT NOW! Your lawyer is your case. It sucks but it's true. Beg, borrow and steal to get a better lawyer. Most will work with you on payment terms and stuff. Credit cards are ALWAYS accepted at attorney's offices these days (see sig). Get a bank loan if you have any credit to use. The fact that your atty is already talking plea is a big red flag! Good attorneys drag cases out so long that by the 13th month the prosecutor is practically begging for a plea to get your goddamn case file off his desk. Get a new attorney NOW.

G

guest123

Check my past posts between 06-07. I got in some very serious trouble and I made it out. I know how exactly you feel because I was facing 5 years state prison. If it wasnt for my attorney then I would be still in prison as we speak with 2 more years to go.

Listen, I know it sounds watered down hearing it so many times. Ive been in legal problems before so I knew the importance of having a good attorney. It does make a huge difference. I basically put everything I had into my lawyer and on top asking for loans. Which made me border line homeless. I only ate one meal a day and sometimes would go up to 2 days with out food. I went from 220 lbs to 170 fairly quickly. My body could barely handle the stress. I was almost at the point where I regretted even being bailed out. But I did everything my lawyer told me. Even in that brain dead state. What you do from now until your sentencing makes a huge difference also. I obtain a job, signed up for programs to show that I can be rehabilitated, and stayed out of trouble. And I made it out of it with probation. And im still smoking foo.

All I can say is try to relax. Do not stress yourself out. When you see yourself going into that stressing mode. Pull yourself out and take some time to get your mind strait. Start thinking of every option available. Fire that lawyer. Obtain a better one. One that will fight for you. One that has pull with the D.A and judges. One thing I notice is that when a lawyer draws out the trial. The pleas get better and better MOST of the time. Depends on what went down.

Keep your head up. You will make it thru this no matter what. Maybe not in the best way, but you will. Wether you like it or not your at a point at your life where everything is going to change no matter what outcome. Its time to reinvent yourself.

Good luck

I second absolutely EVERYTHING this guy says. I'm heavily in debt, butt my lawyer looks like he's going to get me off with probation. I am facing a mandatory min of three years except for the part of the statute that says "unless justice will be done." In my case, sending me to prison would not be just and my expensive lawyer is THE ONLY reason why the judge is siding with us. I'm also using this as a major second chance and have started the process of going back to school, at damn near 30 years old. Work, school or both & a good lawyer mang and you should be fine. Hang in there. I know it's tough. If you need to know you're not the only one, go to my thread about BHO. You're not alone, and shouldn't be labeled a criminal. God bless you mang. God Speed.

Blink

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cant say much except if you dont have much confidence in your lawyer then get another - fight this, look at all the angles and put your energies into damage limitation.

good luck

sincerely

V.

Feds do not pick up state cases for a measly OZ of weed.....we are not getting all the details here I am sure. There is no way that anyone is going to do hard time for this; with even a schmuck for a lawyer you can do better than that. Feds are too busy to fool around with petty pot busts and this smells to high heaven....whats the details?

From what I'm thinking the plant # was awefully close to the limit... which is why the state cops might call it a larger # than it really was and hand it over to the feds. Just speculation of course.

Everyone else said get a diff lawyer, I agree. If you start going to rehab now, it looks very VERY good to the system, especially if you self-enroll. Going to counseling can be useful as well.

Don't feel like you've done anything wrong, you haven't. The fact that a racist govt outlawed a plant 100 years ago is a problem with the govt, not the entire global population who grows and consumes the plant.

pugnacious

Its important to know that you have to be in complete control of yourself during high stress situations. How you act when everything hits the fan is what defines you as a man.

Remember that.

My case wasnt a drug case. Lets just say I went out one night and got into a confrontation, and did not handle it very well. I dont want to get into details because I put all that shit behind me. But I had very little to work with, just some classes here and there, and since alcohol was involved. I enrolled into a drug treatment program. Its important to know that before signing up for a drug program (theres so many of them), you have to make sure that when you complete the program you get a certificate.

This with a job on top of counseling, and another group meeting will go a LONG way. Remorse, accountability, and showing the ability to change your ways is vital in defending yourself in a case. If its just an act for you to get out of jail or if its sincere. It doesnt matter, this is how you have to play the game when your caught red handed and trial is not a real option.

Keep your head up bro.

Ya know what man?, I wracked my brain for weeks, trying to understand what would possess this guy to rat on me the way he did. He had absolutly nothing to gain, and he was quite proud of himself like he did the world a great service. Braggin' to others.
A real piece of shit. I do however take comfort in the fact that karma is a bitch, and the universe will hopefully dish him a whole lotta grief and dispair.
I'm not a spiteful pearson but under the circumstances, i'ts hard not to be.
thanks for your prayers.
Brainwashing. People think of cannabis as this evil plant that will always end up in the hand of 8 year olds, no matter who grows it or why. Thanks, DARE program!

Don't waste your time trying to rationalize why he would do it. He thought he was doing a public service. Get a good lawyer, one who will be your advocate. If he's talking plea without ever hearing anything from you, get a real lawyer, one that's prepared to fight, but make them be honest with you about your chances - some lawyers will continue to fight even if you have no chance of winning, as long as you have money, they will keep going. Be realistic about your options, there may not be a way out, but you can limit the damage. Find a lawyer who's experienced in jury selection and nullification, etc. Check your lawyer out, it's completely reasonable to ask how many cases they have handled in this realm, and how many have gone to trial and won or entered into a plea agreement for no jail time.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Everyone else said get a diff lawyer, I agree. If you start going to rehab now, it looks very VERY good to the system, especially if you self-enroll. Going to counseling can be useful as well.

Don't feel like you've done anything wrong, you haven't. The fact that a racist govt outlawed a plant 100 years ago is a problem with the govt, not the entire global population who grows and consumes the plant.

Why? Because it costs money and provides jobs to the system, thus justifying all of their salaries and budgets. You're giving your money to the system voluntarily instead of the court forcing you to. The whole thing is about *money*. Don't EVER forget that. The more money you put into the system before you go in front of a judge makes all the difference. Pay the expensive, but connected, attorney. Pay for the rehab. Pay for your own piss tests. Expect to pay a bunch in fines and court costs. The people that don't pay are the ones that work it off instead in years of their lives in jail, which gives money to the jailers. Everyone gets paid off in the justice system and you're the cash cow.

Criminal justice is big business. Just like ours. Pay your dues, learn from it, and move on with your life. You WILL pay if you want to get past this. The question is whether you'll pay from your wallet or from your time.

EDIT: Think about this for a sec. When you pay the connected attorney what you are paying for is the prosecutor's greens fees next month when your attorney plays golf with the prosecutor. The judge will be driving the golf cart. THINK ABOUT THAT SHIT.

Last edited:

THCforus

Feds do not pick up state cases for a measly OZ of weed.....we are not getting all the details here I am sure. There is no way that anyone is going to do hard time for this; with even a schmuck for a lawyer you can do better than that. Feds are too busy to fool around with petty pot busts and this smells to high heaven....whats the details?

I think some of you misundestood what i said. When i mentioned having under an ounce, I meant under an ounce of usable product in the house and no cash. Of course I was cought w/ plants. I'm kind of nervous mentioning details, so i wasnt going to bring up plant numbers.
clones, vegetative and flowering, there were probably 75-78 plants total.
I a'm being charged w/ over 100.
I know for a fact that i didnt have that many, and my lawyer dosent seem to concerened in trying to dispute numbers.

The rhyme or reason is not easy for the season! It gets demeaning having a way, that is way to over controlled...nobody wants to hear that you did it for them!

Not that they have any congressional power! They don't even try, there is no reasoning beyond wasting.

I think some of you misundestood what i said. When i mentioned having under an ounce, I meant under an ounce of usable product in the house and no cash. Of course I was cought w/ plants. I'm kind of nervous mentioning details, so i wasnt going to bring up plant numbers.
clones, vegetative and flowering, there were probably 75-78 plants total.
I a'm being charged w/ over 100.
I know for a fact that i didnt have that many, and my lawyer dosent seem to concerened in trying to dispute numbers.
That's why you need a good lawyer. If you make them prove the number and they can't, you would get out of the mandatory minimum sentence realm and back into first time offender territory. A lawyer that wants to take the easiest way out that's not the best way for you is the last person you want fighting for you. Find someone who will be realistic about your chances and will get you the best possible outcome.