Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Dutch pilot experiment: LEGALLY growing organic female hemp flowers high in CBD

Thread Title Search
Dutch pilot experiment: LEGALLY growing organic female hemp flowers high in CBD Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2014, 04:10 PM #41
oldchuck

oldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud of
Finola at 51 days from seed:

My god, she is setting seed at 51 days! Speedy bitches.

I have eight females and one puny whipped out male. The girls range from two to over four feet in very small pots. I am concerned about weak stalks holding heavy seed but okay for now. Probably just the indoor environment. Stalks this weak might be a lodging problem in a field crop. She is an elegant looking weed, willowy and thin with thin leaves. Branching is pretty good for hemp and seed production looks to be abundant.
oldchuck is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2014, 03:38 PM #42
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldchuck View Post
I am concerned about weak stalks holding heavy seed but okay for now. Probably just the indoor environment. Stalks this weak might be a lodging problem in a field crop.
My Finolas outside in the greenhouse have rather thick stems, maybe twice that of the indoor siblings. I think that has something to do with temperature, speed of growth and wind/movement.

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2014, 05:30 PM #43
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
I know Finola well.
Finola is much lower in CBD then other CBD varieties available on the internet, you might have to look harder for a CBD only variety but I have friends in Calif that have clones of them almost 20% CBD with little to no THC. Clones with 10% CBD and with THC from 5-25% are easy to find.
-SamS
Sam_Skunkman is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:39 PM #44
oldchuck

oldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
Clones with 10% CBD and with THC from 5-25% are easy to find.
-SamS
Not in Vermont.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:13 AM #45
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not in Vermont.

Every heard of a car?
If it is important for you, you can get a CBD clone.
In California they will deliver clones to you.
-SamS

Old 04-06-2014, 03:04 PM #46
oldchuck

Oh? I don't know anybody in California and a road trip is not possible. I was also under the impression that it was illegal to take plants out of the state. CBD seeds? As far as I can tell that's a crap shoot and the only way you know if you win is a lab test which is also not possible. Finola, or some other hemp variety seems like a viable alternative even at low concentrations.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:53 PM #47
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

You can buy them from dispensaries. But no problem it was just a suggestion. Finola does have some CBD and even way less THC. But you can get seeds online that have way more CBD.
-SamS

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:11 PM #48
oldchuck

Correct me if I am wrong, Sam, but I am under the impression that the high CBD strain seeds I see advertised only offer a 1 in 4 chance that a given plant will actually produce the high CBD ratio. I continue to be tempted by them though. Maybe someday.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:20 PM #49
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Yes that is true with many if not all. When grown they also need to be tested for THC/CBD in that case.
Is there a lab in Vermont that does testing for Cannabinoids? They might be able to help find a CBD clone in Vermont?
Good Luck,
-SamS

Old 04-06-2014, 08:38 PM #50
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchHempCBD View Post
The secondary goal is to develop a way to harvest the leaves of the male and female hemp plant.
Anything with more value as generic organic matter should be mulched. Green farming practice should come first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchHempCBD View Post
Even though making an extract of the flowers would be preferred for some applications (e.g. topical treatment of skin diseases), this will not be done by us because THC concentration of such products will more than likely be above the 0,2 % legal limit.
Test and see how far you can use sifting right up to the limit.

Quote:
the high CBD strain seeds I see advertised only offer a 1 in 4 chance that a given plant will actually produce the high CBD ratio.
That would apply to old hash plants (even Sensi's IME) and other mixed THC/CBD genetics. Once the 25% plants are bred together, the THC should only be trace, forever. It's not certain that high CBD percentages are necessary for anything other than saying you have the highest CBD plant available. We in the flatlands somehow got by with single-digit THC for a long time and were fine with it. It was plenty effective and I'd smoke it again. My 80's outdoor (brickweed x ditchweed) x ditchweed was great and all my friends loved it, since we hicks weren't revolving around California. This grow's indoor generic ditchweed really tightened up mid-flower after being extremely leggy, and it has plenty of trichomes, just not the desirable glandular trichomes than can perhaps replace the others with breeding. I'm as optimistic on breeding in drug strain character as ever. Last grows very indica x mostly sativa gave uniform, stout, fast, indica F1's - the indica genes weren't knocked out. It remains to be seen if this is preferable to going somewhere where you don't know anyone or anything, trying to obtain the right clones, and transporting across several state lines.
G.O. Joe is offline Quote