What's new

Cleaning my bubble bags

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i notice that some of the smaller micron bags are a bit brownish looking, so wanta clean em... i know some guys use alcohol... i ain't got none in the med cabinet... but do have lots and lots of booze... ain't going to use johnny walker blue, or a ketel 1 vodka/etc , but how about some dewars.. got a shit load of it, no body drinks it... should work...right??

Manivelle

Veteran
bubble bags need to be cleaned after each session to stay clean . mine never get brownish looking.
i never use a credit card or spoon to get the hash. only a water spray in order to don't squeeze/crush it in the cloth.

you can use hot/warm milk to clean them ;) (i'd say 50°c or little bit lore)

cheers
mani

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Manivelle;5370561 i never use a credit card or spoon to get the hash. only a water spray in order to don't squich it in the cloth.[/QUOTE said:
please explain.. u pull the bag, thw water drains, n what is left is your hash... i have a large bowl, i turn the bag inside out over the bowl,stretch it over the bowl, n spoon it out.. what am i doing wrong? without a spoon/creditcard, how do u remove??

Rowdy420

Use some 90% rubbing alcohol and gently rub bottom of bags in pie dish or something similar, let evaporate and scrap up remaining residue and smoke it! I clean my bags after each run due to being a bit ADD and I hate waiting around for bags to drain. The bags will run like new once clean.

Good luck, Peace

T

TribalSeeds

you put the bag in your washin machine ?? really ? with or without soak ?

Fuck that! I tried it on gentle with a my bags inside of a nylon mesh laundry bag and the color started to tear off the bags. Maybe a more durable brand might have held up a little better, but I wouldnt suggest trying that unless you were ready to buy new bags if it didnt work. Try everything else first, use that as a last resort if you have to.

growbread

I washed my bags in the washing machine on gentle with a little bit of dish soap. I was kind of worried that it would damage them but they came out looking almost like new and have been working fine.

coxnox

Veteran
thanks man will try it. ;)

@TS: have allready tested all other way, that's why i ask.

Kushed_

Get some 91% Isopropyl and put the bag to clean in one of your buckets, dump in enough to make about 1/4". Swish around, put hand on screen and rub gently. Remove bag and get both hans involved, rubbing against he screen and your fingers. Swish back in bucket. Remove quickly and see if it looks clean. Repeat as necessary, when clean, rinse with copius amt. of water (lukewarm preferred). Give a final inspection. Once clean, and DRY store in a clean place. I stack all bags and main buckets and cover with clean plastic bag. Place in clean cardboard box with other supplies and close lid.

If you rinse bag inside & out and soon as you are finished using it. And it it not too hot in your room, you probably won't need to wash w/IPA.

I have more than 30, quality, ice water extraction bags. I would not put any of the in the washing machine. Some cheap bags come apart (delaminate) in the washing machine. If you need to get some real bubble bags, treat them as above, and the will last you a long, long time!

coxnox

Veteran
hi,

i clean the directly after usage all the times, but the 25mic did take a brown color after my last utilisation and i can't remove it, the water don't drain anymore(it drain but so slow).