What's new

Anything Outdoor 2018

Dankwolf

45th latitude oregon out door .

45th latitude oregon out door .

1 out of 4 failed due to overwatering/ bad irrigation.

All plants

picture.php

Close ups

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice buds Dankwolf! Lots of trichome coverage on that one. Is there any way you can rotate the pics upright? Overwatering causing issues on yours and Shrews. Its a fine line keeping those plants happy and over doing it. Sorry to hear that! What strains are you running again?

Tripple cheese looks delicious. I bet she smells good too! Is it yellow because of a nitrogen or potassium deficiency?

PDX Dopesmoker

My big cola plant is still going strong at about 9 weeks
lAVRYmK.jpg

KU8s6LH.jpg

gBZ6vks.jpg

pipeline, I'm more interested in how your plants keep their rich green shade so long, that Triple Cheese looks a lot more like my plants than yours do. Mine have all turned most of their fans funny colors and dropped them, the pale green one in these pictures is the greenest one I have. I get them impression that you're pretty far south because you mentioned beating that hurricane earlier, maybe that has something to do with the difference, but if there is some other trick I'd like to know it.

Mengsk

That Triple Cheese looks awesome!
pipeline, finished plants are supposed to look like that with fall colors and all yellow/dead leaves pretty much. There isn't supposed to be any more nitrogen (green, chlorophyll) in the leaves when the plants are finished (I'm speaking in absolute terms but really it's not so black and white). Green during growth yes, but at the end of flower with flush all pale yellow look with leaves gone/falling off is pretty much what you're going for imo.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great pdx! Thanks! Peaceful flowers! I'm not too far south. 39-40N. I fertilize with slow release organic fertilizer so, there's no way and really no need to flush them. The plants aren't in luxury consumption of nitrogen, so it helps them continue to produce having adequate levels in the soil.

Fertilize with 3-4-4 Garden tone at soil cultivation in the spring and then top dress with it every 3-4 weeks through the growing season.

Dankwolf- Would it reduce the chance of overwatering if the plants were grown on mounds like shrews' garden instead of big containers?

Mengsk

Plastic pots can get hot in the sun if they are black/uncovered which hurts summer plants for sure. Larger fabric pots seem to be the go to, and work well. Smaller ones like 5-10 gallon you can water the outside and transpiration makes a big deal. They stay cooler because of this but they also lose more water and lighter colored pots probably would still help. Mounds, or a lighter mix, or wider/shallower fabric pots will all help with overwatering. While it's important to be careful because the plants will absolutely dry out faster, I've been using the recommended 30% coarse perlite in all my mixes (just add to any bagged soil) and ~50-70% for small cuttings. An oversized container/pot/planter box has the benefit of holding a lot of water while still having drainage. I'm not sure on this but I suspect organic fertilization/composting/microbe activity all work better with larger soil volumes like a big compost pile or worm bin or in ground garden beds. Mixing organic source fertilizer into small containers and expecting it to work is incomplete imo. Needs activated compost teas and/or a big compost pile the year before. Not to say it won't work, I'm sure organic fertilizers have come a long way, but I've also tried some garden tone in a plastic pot of peat moss and bark mulch during the summer and the tomato plant survived but that was about it.

Dankwolf

Nice buds Dankwolf! Lots of trichome coverage on that one. Is there any way you can rotate the pics upright? Overwatering causing issues on yours and Shrews. Its a fine line keeping those plants happy and over doing it. Sorry to hear that! What strains are you running again?

Tripple cheese looks delicious. I bet she smells good too! Is it yellow because of a nitrogen or potassium deficiency?

Affie ( 1-2 weeks left)
picture.php

Cotton candy (4-5 weeks left) the dankest plant I have its not all about looks .
picture.php

South mtf (2-3 weeks left)
picture.php

The over watering was due to the use of soaker hose instead of poly pipe with emitters . the soaker hose varys allot from section to section and is hard to control . I don't plan to do mounds . I see no reason yet.

I plan to send in soil samples of each potter and till/amend potters. The potters hold up well at least two years so the garden fabric should still be good for next year. I might how ever go with wider potts next year plants seam to fill out to tge with of potters all plants are roughly 11ft wide . I might add anotger 25ft in circumference. Time will tell.

:tiphat:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was thinking about that earlier, the spaghetti tubes with little emitters would probably get the best coverage, but they could end up getting out of position as you work around the plants.

Adding 25 feet in circumference! Are we adding 8 ft to the diameter?

Is Affie an afghan?

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Just had a severe thunderstorm band roll though my area, it dumped about .30" of rain in 30 minutes along with strong winds resulting in two snapped main branches. I don't think tarping them off would have saved them, in fact it could have resulted in more damage. I rolled the dice and it came up craps, oh well.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im hanging ten with ya trying to get another week or so before harvest! Hope I don't get one of those storms. Its a weak front coming through here. I think I'll be alright. I see the storms on the radar! Really warm for October! :smoke:

CrushnYuba

I was thinking about that earlier, the spaghetti tubes with little emitters would probably get the best coverage, but they could end up getting out of position as you work around the plants.

Adding 25 feet in circumference! Are we adding 8 ft to the diameter?

Is Affie an afghan?

If people are into it i can share my drip setup. Watering is more uniform then even watering by hand. And if a plant is using less water then others u can turn a valve and it gets less every time. Dirt cheap also.
We got bad hail. Scared to check on everything tomorrow.

PDX Dopesmoker

This was the 3 remaining Mkob Kushes I've got before I cut down the middle one a few hours ago. I've been taking down one a day for the last few days so I can trim them at a relaxed pace.
AbnBC1z.jpg

This is the one that got cut down.
yBsw9OV.jpg

NEFdGJQ.jpg

Here are a couple of the lower buds
u4EkHGd.jpg

Jq7nRcU.jpg

They've got a lot of cedar odor in them, I wonder if that helps keep moths away?

St. Phatty

does anyone know where to get plastic or cheap netting with 3-4" holes?

rural garage sales is one place.

one year some guy gave me about 100 feet of heavy wire fence with 4 to 6 inch holes in it.

The advantage of that is, I can spread it over my plants, e.g. hops, and use the holes to space the vines, and the wire fence is its own structure. It doesn't need separate legs, you just have to bend the wire.

Latest posts

Latest posts