What's new

In the freaking hospital.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm home! I kinda expected to be in there until at least Saturday, but I was doing well enough they took the chest tube out this morning, and said as long as the xray came back ok, they were booting me out.

At least I got a private room after the surgery. It was quiet. No screaming. I'm just glad that chest tube is gone.

And I'd like to thank everyone once again. Y'all helped make my stay a little brighter and I appreciate it.

happy to hear that you're back home again Dan, I hate hospitals and am refusing any/all treatments that might require an overnight stay.

The hospital certainly wouldn't understand nor allow me my proper herbal pain killers. And I seriously doubt that I could get a minutes sleep w/o having my little Suzi to snuggle with.

UD5D4sP.jpg

home sweet home Dan, so glad you're back.......

DJXX

Veteran
Thanks for the laugh about the cow guy...i was in the hosp once and the guy next to me had terets and he said bud bud bud bud the whole time he was awake....like a frog saying ribit ribit...the cow description totally cracked me up and i needed a good laugh...anyways glad ur home....best of luck getting back to normal..DJ

WelderDan

Veteran
Oh man, have I been sleeping good. 1st night home I slept 9 hours straight. Got up, had breakfast and laid on the couch. Boom, slept 3 more hours. Same thing today. Went to bed, slept 5 hours, woke up, closed my eyes and out another 4. Got up, ate, laid on the couch and boom, slept another 4. Just woke up about an hour ago and ate lunch.

The first thing I did when I got home was shower. Took a gallon bag and cut one side out, taped all the edges and stuck it over the bandage. Best shower I ever had. Gonna pull the bandage today and see how it looks. I need my wife to help. Hopefully she won't pass out when she sees whats under the bandages!

Gry

Veteran
Wonderful news Dan, more than happy to hear you made it back safe and sound !

M

moose eater

Oh man, have I been sleeping good. 1st night home I slept 9 hours straight. Got up, had breakfast and laid on the couch. Boom, slept 3 more hours. Same thing today. Went to bed, slept 5 hours, woke up, closed my eyes and out another 4. Got up, ate, laid on the couch and boom, slept another 4. Just woke up about an hour ago and ate lunch.

The first thing I did when I got home was shower. Took a gallon bag and cut one side out, taped all the edges and stuck it over the bandage. Best shower I ever had. Gonna pull the bandage today and see how it looks. I need my wife to help. Hopefully she won't pass out when she sees whats under the bandages!

I assume they were constantly checking level of oxygen in your blood before they discharged you, Dan?

Good to be home among familiarity. Beats the shit out of 24/7 white noise, microphones, snoring (someone else's), being wakened for meds, yelling, and mooing.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guess the hospital wasn't much of a party, but still sorry I'm late. At least you got some funny stories out of it Dan, glad to hear your doing better!

WelderDan

Veteran
Well I'm doing pretty good now. Most of the pain is gone, but I'm still pretty sore, mostly on the side where I have at least 5 holes from the tubes and surgery.

I had wanted to reply to everyone individually, but all I had in the hospital was my phone, and I was having trouble typing on the tiny keyboard. Everytime I bent my elbow, the alarm on the IV would go off because I was blocking the flow. It happened when I ate too. What a pain in the ass.

So I wasn't able to reply to everyone like I wanted. But I have read all your comments and I got a good laugh from some of them. I really appreciate all the good wishes and concern. It really brightened my day, and when you're on a short leash (or hose as the case may be) you can get a little down. But thanks to you guys I never hit that point. I was certainly bummed at being there, and about needing surgery, but I never got depressed.

Now I'm just taking it easy and dealing with the paperwork. I want to get paid for my time off, and of course they can't make it easy. Fuck, they were wanting me to fax shit from the hospital. I'm like "You do know I'm in a Hospital bed with tubes sticking out of me, right?" Stupid fuckers...

Anyway, I just want to say that to everyone one more time