What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how did you meet the love of your life ?

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Hell this is a cool idea .I was at my best friends house. His phone rang and I answered. He had went to the store or something. I t was his cousin from another state. Sooo her and I chatted for awhile until he got back. She ended up sending a letter to his house for me,saying she really enjoyed our conversation ,and that if I wanted to, I could call her . So I did. We actually ended up falling in love through conversation over the course of around 5 months. Now this is the real cool part,we had NEVER even seen a picture of each other. The only pic he had of her was when she was like 6 yrs old. I decided it was time to meet face to face. My best friend and I drove to her state,and stayed at her house for about a week. It was an amazing thing to see her for the first time. BTW, I was the lucky one when it came to the not ever seeing each other part. 3 months later I moved from my hometown to be with her. That was over 23 yrs ago. We are still together and are still in love.:huggg:

Last edited:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
was transfered by JOB...from Dallas to Seattle....
set up by company in a little studio apt....right next too a BAR....
became really good friends w/ the bar owner over time...
while working I cut the shit out of my hand... { culinary}....
went to Seattle Harbor view.... biggest trauma center on west coast...
lovely girl working the triage ... for ER check-in...we talked, and talked...
finger was sewn back together....
weeks later... the owner of the bar... his wife ask me to attend an upcoming bachlorette party..... well low and behold... same girl from hospital was friends w/ friends of the bride....together ever since.... will be 10 yrs this January 17th.....

b0nZai.b0b

Veteran
i´m not sure how i exactly met MariJane for the 1st time :D, but it´s a never ending lovestory till i was 13(i met her much to early, but hey - love does not know any ages).

hrhr just kidding,

i love my girl, i would quit MJ for her, but i don´t have to, coz we also have threesomes :D
she´s my personal super duper stoner chick, i met her in a club, i was just there to dance, drink, have fun, not searching or checking - not this evening. and baam, over there she sat alone at the dancefloorside, she saw me, i saw her and things fell apart, still in love, almost 10 years anniveristy.

bb :tiphat:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Was at a bar in Augusta Ga waiting for a girl I was dating off and on who called and said her kid was sick and she couldn't come. As I was leaving a friend I worked with came in with his gf and her room mate who was there to meet another guy we worked with who never showed. Instant attraction for us both. I married this girl 3 months later and thats been just over 25 years ago. When it's right, it's right.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Oddly enough we met on an internet forum long before internet dating was a common thing, turned out she lived not too far away, we met up, we hit it off and been together for almost 12 years now. I'm a lucky man, she's hot as hell, in super shape, tanned and smart.

Gry

Met mine online a dozen years ago also. I had cancer and was going nuts from oxy. I met her on a site for people which chronic pain issues who hated their meds. She helped me get away from it. I loved her with all my heart, and would have loved to have spent the rest of my life with her. She passed away from the flu this past winter. She was the very best thing that ever happened in my life, and she made me want to make things better and to make a difference.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Met mine online a dozen years ago also. I had cancer and was going nuts from oxy. I met her on a site for people which chronic pain issues who hated their meds. She helped me get away from it. I loved her with all my heart, and would have loved to have spent the rest of my life with her. She passed away from the flu this past winter. She was the very best thing that ever happened in my life, and she made me want to make things better and to make a difference.

Brutal.

Good vibes sent to you Gry.

Met my lady through mutual friends, been together 12 years now.

Life wouldn't be the same without her. :ying:

When to the store for some milk and on the way back this girl I grew up around stopped by because she seen me and we talked. It was my birthday that day. We've been together going on 8 years now.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I met my wife when she was on vacation ...

I met my wife when she was on vacation ...

She was visiting her life long girlfriend who had already moved to California.

It was love at first site. I sent her a letter everyday with a cartoon on it until she moved out here.

We have been together for 38 years. :tiphat:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
met my wife at work in the mid 90s,,, we have now been together 8 years and married for 7 years that have flown by so very quickly,,,totally the love of my life,,,biggest regret I have is walking away from her in 97 but my work and other things were not conducive to a relationship ,,,a terrible mistake but I got her back,,s2

Last edited:

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
I had a cigarette but no lighter. One of the older kids had a coke can and a nug but no lighter. What were we to do but light the cigarette on the toaster and take it to the field where we used the cigarette to light the can. Everything was very dizzying after that and I needed a nap, REEL bad. Didn't run into her again til I was in 6th grade, my buddy stole a bunch of his sister's roaches when he came over to spend the night. We rolled a joint and everything got kinda awesome. COULD NOT stop laughing at the video game. Couldn't do much except eat more crackers. Good times, good times.

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
her name was mary-jane

her name was mary-jane

and I met her around 88/89,wrapped up in white paper with a fire at one end.

life has never been the same since,thank god!

bmp420gti

She doesnt talk back either and lets you sleep alone at night, mary is so sweet haha.

One day i hope i can say i met the love of my life smoking a j and talking about growing, until then... no you cant stay the night. :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
wandered into a bar on my way home from another bar to have "one for the road" & shoot a game of pool. walked back to the pool tables & this couple was shooting a game; she was kicking his ass. first thing I see is red hair & a nice butt. she would not tell me her name because she was with him that night, but she "accidentally" mentioned what street she lived on. I had a buddy that still lives there, & that's how I tracked her down. to be truthful, HE wouldn't tell me her first name, he just laughed and said "you and ol' "Smith"? no way in hell she would date you..." that and a phone book/year book told me all I needed to know. still together now, after 2 kids, 2 moves, 6 cars, 5 dogs, 3 cats, one parakeet & a sugar glider, 21 years...so far!:biggrin:
life is what happens while you wait on a plan to come together...:tiphat:

justpassnthru

Veteran
I am in love with my life! The best relationship I've ever had with it.

I've had several love's of my life...they all have 4 furry faces and bark! Many 2 legged one's have ultimately been major disappointments.
I usually find them from a breeder and currently have a half shih tzu/ Maltese mix and by far, the behavior of this one has all the best attributes of every fuzbud I've ever had the pleasure of being a slave to; plus, a few small proclivities that are absolutely priceless!

The older I became the more I trusted my dogs. They always remain loyal and trying to please!

Someday, I hope to be the person my little dog thinks I am.

Mostly, the loves of my life have been the people I surround myself with, like my pals here and in my people relationships..all are people that make me aspire to be a better person to be 'friends' with. I respect so many here breaking laws to help better the health of others and even themselves; sharing one love and finding a common ground to share so much more and learn of life around the world.

Whew, eyes kinda watery just thinking of how my life has been so enriched with my membership here on this board and a couple others. Wish I had discovered my passion with this plant, decades ago! I've never had mmj as a part of any relationship. No matter, I am here now and have a relationship with all that matters and cannabis!

maybe being happy should be another thread..oops; it is..https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6488719#post6488719

Never thought the last half of life would be so much fun:woohoo::yappy::woohoo::blowbubbles: jpt

homebrew420

Mine stalked me! hahaha not really true. She saw me at the grocery store where i worked with her aunt. ZShe saw me and the same day went home to tell her mother she had just saw the guy she would have babies with! That was me! Haha she had just broken up with her long time boyfriend of a few years. And got the rebound! we met at her cousins place a few weeks later and have been together since, 14 years now and 11 year anniversary coming up on the 28th of this month. SHe is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me.

What a great thread! Kudos to all you who have found the one!

Peace

budlykush

I was introduced to my wife through friends of mine that I used to buy from. This couple became close just like grandparents and that was easy since the guy was 96 and his wife 88. The friend of mine who introduced me to the couple asked the woman to find me a girlfriend.

Our first date was on a Saturday and was really great with lunch on the bay and the beach later in the afternoon. I didn't call her Sunday.........so I stopped by to pick up some clones and she came running out of her sisters little clothing store downstairs. She needed to talk with me and asked if we could go to the Marina.

Sitting on this bench with the Golden Gate Bridge across the bay, she told me that she needed to get married to stay in this country (nationality, Mongolia).

I said yes and to cut a very long story short we just celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary last week.

Last edited: