What's new

coco beds...adjusta wing 2 wire converts kits...oh snap

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
im trying to figure out which fan-jets to get. i know i want the 360 sprayers but i could only find 2gph. is that the one you are using?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i cancelled the gch order when i saw the price tag. twice the price of online. TWICE for every part. thanks for the links.

sureshot66

Veteran
Yea that's online pricing going there's a different story tho I haven't found the micro jets online so I buy them at Gc you definitely need top hat sprayers they direct the spray downward I honestly don't know the gph on them

HHULKK

Hi all, I had a question regarding the operation of the pump with the galcon controller. I understand the galcon has a master valve solenoid control that would signal the pump to turn on. Did you guys have to install a relay for the pump to do this? Thank you!

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I'm stating mine up with one but supposedly it has a pressure drop switch to turn it on so I could in theory work without but maybe these guys could chime in. I'll know in a week.

whatthe215

Veteran
Pressure Boosting pumps don't need a relay or anything to turn on. They will automatically turn on when they sense a drop in pressure caused by a sprinkler valve opening for a table.

If it's a regular pump (like well jet pump or iwaki fish tank pump, then yes you will need to setup a 24v --> 120/240v relay from the master solenoid in galcon timer to turn it on.

Hey sureshot, i've got this dud thing going on a little... wondering if you do too. it's making me consider containerizing again if the beds promote the spread of the issue (if it's fusarium then forsure the coco is screwed.)

HHULKK

Is the reeflo power pump linked in the thread considered a booster pump and does it have the low pressure switch function where the relay is not needed? Thanks for any help. I'm digging the irrigation setup and would like to construct similar.

sureshot66

Veteran
Is the reeflo power pump linked in the thread considered a booster pump and does it have the low pressure switch function where the relay is not needed? Thanks for any help. I'm digging the irrigation setup and would like to construct similar.
whats up hulk, no the reeflo isnt pressure sensing i use a relay with my setup, pressure sensing pumps are more expensive,

sureshot66

Veteran
Pressure Boosting pumps don't need a relay or anything to turn on. They will automatically turn on when they sense a drop in pressure caused by a sprinkler valve opening for a table.

If it's a regular pump (like well jet pump or iwaki fish tank pump, then yes you will need to setup a 24v --> 120/240v relay from the master solenoid in galcon timer to turn it on.

Hey sureshot, i've got this dud thing going on a little... wondering if you do too. it's making me consider containerizing again if the beds promote the spread of the issue (if it's fusarium then forsure the coco is screwed.)
na i dont whats it doing? got a pic? fusariums not real common in my circles i dont know much about it anything change in your regiment?

HHULKK

whats up hulk, no the reeflo isnt pressure sensing i use a relay with my setup, pressure sensing pumps are more expensive,

Hi, thank you for your response. The relay isnt something I'm familiar with. Is this a part you can purchase from a Home Depot? Or possibly order somewhere online? Thank you!

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
can any of yall see a reason not to use pex instead of pvc. working around the pvc has me wondering if im going to accidentally break ot one day in a mishap. pex is so much more durable and forgiving. thoughts?

sureshot66

Veteran
can any of yall see a reason not to use pex instead of pvc. working around the pvc has me wondering if im going to accidentally break ot one day in a mishap. pex is so much more durable and forgiving. thoughts?

does pex have the variety of fittings u need to run this setup?im doubting it, i duno man feel free to experiment i think its a bad idea pvc is tried and true for this..u will break pvc sometimes i have only broken my risers and that was cuz my rows are super narrow and i snag them on somethng, fortunately its pvc and u can fix it in 5 minutes

Last edited:

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
you can do anything with pex including couple it to pvc. shark bite fittings are a snap and you wont break it ever.im thinking of runnung it all the way to the riser and coupling to that via a fitting. its the modern standard in new homes.

sureshot66

Veteran
sfv&true
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts