Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Where to buy/get Finola seeds from?

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Barney's Farm
Where to buy/get Finola seeds from? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2013, 09:10 PM #1
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to all
Question Where to buy/get Finola seeds from?

(Sorry if I choose the wrong forum)

Does anyone know where (preferably in Europe) I could buy/get a small amount of (notably viable, non-sterilised) Finola seeds? Finola.fi only has 25 kg sacks...
I know that it isn't a drug strain but "just" hemp, still it may have some advantages for me .

Some infos on its smell and taste (not the smoke LoL) would also be appreciated .
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2013, 10:09 AM #2
VonBudí
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

VonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud of
canadian place selling 300 suomi hemp seeds for $5 if it helps.

i think the was a .dk seed site also selling hemp seeds too

any idea how much one of the Finola 25kg bags cost?

Old 09-17-2013, 12:30 PM #3
Mustafunk
Heirloom Grower

Mustafunk has much to be proud ofMustafunk has much to be proud ofMustafunk has much to be proud ofMustafunk has much to be proud ofMustafunk has much to be proud ofMustafunk has much to be proud ofMustafunk has much to be proud ofMustafunk has much to be proud ofMustafunk has much to be proud ofMustafunk has much to be proud ofMustafunk has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBudí View Post
any idea how much one of the Finola 25kg bags cost?
I don't know about Finola but UE approved hemp purchased in France costs around 250€ per 25kg from any farmer's cooperative. It's not cheap but I guess its the way to go if you plan to start a hemp grow.

Mustafunk is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2013, 08:10 PM #4
Only Ornamental

Only Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to allOnly Ornamental is a name known to all
Hi there,

Finola sells it indeed for € 250.- per 25 kg bag. But what should I do with remaining 24'990 gramms ? After eating 1-2 kg I'd burst from health LoL!

Unfortunately, Canadian law demands sterilisation of all seeds for food and similar purposes (and for seeding you get again 25 kg plus oversee S&H costs) ;( . That's why I explicitly wrote "viable & non-sterilised"... It's infrared treatment and really fresh seeds may still germinate but I don't want to take that "risk".

Will look if I find that danish site though... can't be to many (*sarcasm*)... Thanks anyway!

Old 09-26-2013, 07:41 AM #5
bandit89

bandit89 is on a distinguished road
bump, I don't think i'll order any but I was also looking to find some suomi or finola or similar or even wild hemp seeds. Anywhere else besides vsb I have heard of problems with their stock, looking for something very vigorous. Thnaks.
bandit89 is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2013, 08:22 AM #6
burningfire

burningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the rough
I don't know exactly why you guys want Finola... I had an ornamental project but I simply don't have the place or time at the moment to work on it.

this is my base, it's a jungli from the nepalese seeds I grew a few years backfrom the real seed company. I made seeds with a chitral made but I had plans to get more purple into it and go with something viney and creeper like.. like some south indian ganja.

if you want real wild stuff you'll find some in the Himalayan lines carried by RSC.. they had some wild stuff for sale a few years ago but I think your best bet right now would be the nanda devi
burningfire is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:04 AM #7
Only Ornamental

Hi burningfire,

Thanks, though I'm not looking for wild plants (Finola/FIN-314 for sure isn't)!
It's not about getting feral genetics into some crosses but getting Finola LoL . It truly is for ornamental reasons because, with a certificate of origin (or however they call it), it's legal here around to have some ornamental plants in the garden; Finola, allegedly a ruderalis x sativa cross, is autoflowering, finishes early (produces ripe seeds in time) in northern latitudes (or bad/cold weather) and it's pretty small for a fibre/seed hemp strain. Additionally, I don't like the other EU-approved cultivars (especially those French hybrids and monoecious ones) whereas the 'Kompolti' and the Italian crosses flower late (although the Italians have comparatively high CBD levels) and the Hungarian Lovrin 110 isn't EU approved... I would also go for the 'Helvetica' cultivar but it's no longer approved (too high THC content) and likely to be 'extinct' in practical terms ;( .

A second project would be the feral progeny of the famous 'Kentucky fibre hemp' (or whatever's growing wild in the mid north-west of the states)... There seem to be also purple and high essential oil specimens... But that's a different matter and I may open a new post to ask for seeds from those .

P.S. Heard that the suomi by VSB is a sickly cripple (at least in the first generation)...

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing

Old 09-26-2013, 10:12 AM #8
burningfire

burningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the roughburningfire is a jewel in the rough
I did not take into account the legality of such a thing.. I don't know what kind of legal work you would have to do if you created an hybrid with finola genes.. I assume commercializing it would be a nightmare.
burningfire is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2013, 11:05 AM #9
Only Ornamental

Where I live, crossing what so ever strains and even germinating seeds form a pure home made F1 Finola or other authorised strain is prohibited... Though, no idea how anyone could prove that when working with a stable line. As long as the THC content is below the limit, there would likely be no consequences when there's no signs of 'agricultural intentions' (meaning: selling, processing or even propagating or consuming what's growing! Politicians.... tststs).

Usually, it's a pain in the ass, but right now I'm soooo happy that no one seems to care what neighbours do; mowing the lawn on Sunday, chopping wood at midnight, illegally tuning up the mopeds, party till late or rather drinking wine, listen to bad music and arguing noisily on the balcony that is (man, that really sucks), growing my plants which one smells 50 meter down the road... you name it!

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 09-26-2013, 01:18 PM #10
Only Ornamental

@ burningfire: Found your other post from a few years back about that project. Your Himalayan, is it really hemp or a feral drug type? Sure, they have both over there but from what I've read so far the wild 'landraces' kept here are wild drug type cannabis...

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing