What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

botanicare pure blend pro or general organics?

CoCoSativas

What do you guys think would produce cleaner burning bud? i grow in coco...
To make is simpler, im talking using biothrive grow and bloom vs pbp grow and bloom, no extras. Tap water 200 ppm

I liked biothrive grow it was a good product. I might have to do a side by side grow myself to see which produces better bud. Until then, any opinions or first hand experience?

vostok

Veteran
side by side is a good idea, but for me bottled sewage ...is exactly that,.. local sewage bottled with an 'E' preservative ...?

sturgeongeneral

Veteran

Man this pure blend must be some real good bottled sewage my plants love that stuff and its hydro organic says it right on the bottle.

CoCoSativas

side by side is a good idea, but for me bottled sewage ...is exactly that,.. local sewage bottled with an 'E' preservative ...?

Not helpful really. Biothrive is definitely more than just sewage. It doesn't even stink, it smells earthy. General hydroponics is pretty reputable and their products quality are pretty clear when put to use...

Botanicare is another known quality company.

CoCoSativas

Hey thanks for the on topic response. Do you find your budget burns clean?

I meant does the buds burn clean. That's pretty much my top priority is clean tasty dope.

I like my ash looking really white. Like this.

It's some stuff my ex grew using my organic method. So clean you don't have to cough.

I'm guessing the two I'm asking about the cleanest foods I could use in coco. After my current run, a hopefully high yield sativa run I want to compare a couple foods. I want to try gh cocotek, pbp, and the general organics line.

In the end my primary goal in my rooms is quality over yield

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
With the pure blend pro i get quality with a yield to match. Im pulling 2lb per 1k in an ebb and flow of top shelf. I run it in soil and hydro and have done so for a long time. I always say dont fix it if it aint broke.

vostok

Veteran
if you really believe industrial chemists mix perfect concoctions just for your weed plants is extremely shallow thinking...where do you really think all these new bottled fertilizers really come from..?
for years I mean since at least since the end of WW2, standard procedure all over the world has been to use local sewage (public shit) from your local sewage works mixed in with local organic matter,(swadust lawn clippings) and packed in an expensive plastic bag, peanuts to make, but sells for dollars, just like the Microsoft secret to life.
The real concern of late has been the supply of prescription drugs that you, me, them, take that you, them dump out, find its way to the sewage farm, repacked and sold back to you, then you inadvertently doping yourself up in heavy mineral and ions from those same drugs ..!

sorry to scare you newbies,...really I though all this was common western horticultural knowledge ....!

RoostaPhish

Veteran
You are talking about products like Milorganite. Not the products this person is asking about. I have used both products in question, and I personally prefer the GO line. However I feel both benefit from using supplements. Even with tap water I still would use the GO ca/mg+, with the GO line just because it doesn't contain any calcium. You never know what is actually in your tap water even if you know it is 200 ppm. In coco I would go with the GO it is more complete.

CoCoSativas

With the pure blend pro i get quality with a yield to match. Im pulling 2lb per 1k in an ebb and flow of top shelf. I run it in soil and hydro and have done so for a long time. I always say dont fix it if it aint broke.

Thank you for the helpful review of the pbp. Im planning on giving my mother in law some to check out for her 🍅 garden.

I'll definitely have to try pbp out.

CoCoSativas

You are talking about products like Milorganite. Not the products this person is asking about. I have used both products in question, and I personally prefer the GO line. However I feel both benefit from using supplements. Even with tap water I still would use the GO ca/mg+, with the GO line just because it doesn't contain any calcium. You never know what is actually in your tap water even if you know it is 200 ppm. In coco I would go with the GO it is more complete.

My local publishes the water 💧 breakdown. Almost 97 % of the Trace in my water is calcium. My Hot tub water test strips confirm the 200 ppm cal hardness .

Also, this plant definitely did not have any calcium or magnesium deficiency. It was grown with biothrive grow only in coco, my tap water...

Thanks though for your input on which you Prefer. Thank you very Much. Thank you to everyone who chiming in

RoostaPhish

Veteran
That's high ppms of calcium right out the tap there. Most folks don't get a breakdown of the minerals in the water. Especially well water users. Although all water sources can fluctuate in dissolved solids throughout the year, especially in certain locations due to things like snow, and rain. That high calcium level in the water also helps from an extreme ph drop when adding fertilizers, with RO water ph adjusting is always needed with either of these lines. Whether they tell you to do so or not.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have used a shitload of gallons of pure blend in my time.used to buy 10 gal at a time..no complaints even if it aint 100% organic certified...its my next favorite after earth juice....yeehaw

A

acridlab

I would say pbp and I've never even used it,, but I've smoked plenty from other growers and I've never noticed anything bad...
General organics on the other hand,,, In my humble opinion, of course,, SUX...

I tried the whole line for months when it first came out..
All I can say is,, it will grow em nice n healthy,, but u better make sure ur plants eat all that shit up,, cuz if they're still green at choptime,, ur in for a world of shitty tasting product.. it makes some purp strains smell n taste like fish..yeah I know,, ferts can't do that,, well,, I'mm calling b.s on that cuz it did to me and one of my friends..

Stick with the botanicare

CoCoSativas

I would say pbp and I've never even used it,, but I've smoked plenty from other growers and I've never noticed anything bad...
General organics on the other hand,,, In my humble opinion, of course,, SUX...

I tried the whole line for months when it first came out..
All I can say is,, it will grow em nice n healthy,, but u better make sure ur plants eat all that shit up,, cuz if they're still green at choptime,, ur in for a world of shitty tasting product.. it makes some purp strains smell n taste like fish..yeah I know,, ferts can't do that,, well,, I'mm calling b.s on that cuz it did to me and one of my friends..

Stick with the botanicare

Good to know about that issue in flowering. I'm definitely leaning more toward the pbp after this thread. Lots of great, very positive feedback.

While I have verged with biothrive I've never flowered with it. Good to know it doesn't lead to clean tasty buds.

CoCoSativas

That's high ppms of calcium right out the tap there. Most folks don't get a breakdown of the minerals in the water. Especially well water users. Although all water sources can fluctuate in dissolved solids throughout the year, especially in certain locations due to things like snow, and rain. That high calcium level in the water also helps from an extreme ph drop when adding fertilizers, with RO water ph adjusting is always needed with either of these lines. Whether they tell you to do so or not.

I use city tap water. My city has some of the finest water in Canada, we are very 🍀 lucky

RoostaPhish

Veteran
This whole GO makes the herb taste like shit, is just that horse shit. All fertilizers can make your product take like shit if they are not used properly. I have grown some of the highest regarded product with both of these brands. Use what ever you want, but don't believe that horse shit. I can't even count how many growers have changed to GO due to my advice, especially after seeing the product produced. And they have NEVER went back.

CoCoSativas

This whole GO makes the herb taste like shit, is just that horse shit. All fertilizers can make your product take like shit if they are not used properly. I have grown some of the highest regarded product with both of these brands. Use what ever you want, but don't believe that horse shit. I can't even count how many growers have changed to GO due to my advice, especially after seeing the product produced. And they have NEVER went back.

Thank you for your input on this thread. Very helpful.

I guess I'll have to try them side by side maybe. There's no concise answer on this thread is guess