What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Picking CBD strain for Pain/GERD/Astma etc.

I'm starting with some CBD stains this year but I need some help picking those that are good for (or work well for others with) General Pain and Neuropathic pain, GERD, Astma and anxiety created by the previously mentioned sympttoms and some other ailments but these are the most important ones.

So, I found a few strains I've been thinking of germinating this year, unfortunately clones are illegal over here so I'll have to do it out of seed and hope for the best but anyway, this is the list:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Royal Queen Seeds Euphoria
Royal Queen Seeds Painkiller XL
Barneys Farms CBD Critical Cure
Barneys Farm CBD Blue Shark

and these indoor

Grass-o-Matic - Med Gom 1.0
Alphakronik Genes - Stephen Hawking Kush (20:1/5.1/Sin CityxKush pheno pheno's)
Maybe 1 CBD Crew or Dutch Passion's CBD kush
[/FONT]

If anyone has any experience with them and/or one of the symptoms described above I'd be most thankful if you are willing to share your experience :).

If anyone knows any better CBD strains that are available in seed lemmi know :)
Just as a sidenote, I rather have indica dominant plants, I just prefer indica (and yes I know Painkiller is a Sativa dominant hybrid but the name kind of tells you what it does :p).

japdam

Why don´t you try Seeds from the Reggae-Seeds (RS) and CBD-Crew/Resine Seeds Line (CBDC)? Most of the hybrids you have listed, are crossings of Juanita Lagrimosa/Danceworld (RS) and Cannatonic (CBDC). CBDC has got an outdoor-mix too and offers regular seeds of CBD S'n'S Widow (the latter is indica dominant).

By the way for medical purposes it would be great to get seeds from the Harlequin crosses at a more favourable price in Europe. The Stephen Hawking Kush (Alphakronik Genes) sounds promising, but the regular seeds are overpriced.

However I am looking forward to see more suggestions to you topic! Good luck!

Japdam

I ordered the Stephen Hawking Kush already. It was freaking expensive so I'm leaving my males (I'm hoping for atleast 1) in the growroom as well right until I can pull them out and let the pollon fall on a mirror or whatever so I can freeze it and/or use it right away. That at least makes it money well spent.
As for Cannatonic, they have about the same "correct pheno ratio" as SHK does, I think it's about 70% (saw someones bag label not that long ago) while SHK is around 66.6% not counting the males and such ofcourse.
I did notice that some people that germinated them had 100% germination so far *shrugs* I bought them from seedsman so if they don't germinate I can easily send them a message :).

Now for the reason why I picked these over the default versions like the ones from CBD crew etc. is because these are going outside. The outdoor mix from CBD crew, according to multiple reviews, seems to be a bit "meh" at best.
None the less I will put a few of them in my indoor room in the future, I'm just limited to 5 plants right now (legal limit outside) so I have to pick those that seem best or are reviewed best.
Next to that, the first generation lines SEEM to be a bit more unstable (plus they are often lower in CBD and THC) then the second gen crosses. Is it a good thing? In theory, yes. If they still work as good as the first gen? No idea.
Then for my last reason, I don't like sativa's, they trigger hyperalgesia in me, no panic or paranoia or whatever, just extreme pain. I have that way less with hybrids already, I'll most likely won't have it at all with indicas/indica land races or even CBD strains but I rather be safer then sorry :p.

Plus, not really a point here but still, they often mix it with critical mass which atleast boosts the growth and yield through genetics, that's always a plus for me ;)

Hence me going for second gen CBD lines (F1 if you will since they labeled "plant" as CBD point of origin lol) I might be awfully wrong by doing so and if anyone who has any of my issues or anything similar to it that just swears by CBD strain .... I might give that a shot.

Thanks for your input btw! :)
Any other suggestions or whatevers are more then welcome :)

japdam

Hey MedicalStone,

the thread seems to be dead.

But I would love hear from your work with the CBD-strains you have picked up, especially from the Stephen Hawking Kush strain and CBD Outdoor-Mix. Was it worth tryin'?

All the best
Japdam

ECtraveler

Veteran
Next to that, the first generation lines SEEM to be a bit more unstable (plus they are often lower in CBD and THC) then the second gen crosses. Is it a good thing? In theory, yes. If they still work as good as the first gen? No idea.

I believe that has to do with the original parents or simply coincidence. I'm getting between 20%-28% total cannabinoids (with CBD up to 20%) on average out of my f1 CBD crosses.

As far as stability it's the opposite. There isn't anything more unpredictable than an f2. f3 and beyond is when you're able to start locking down desired traits.

hi themedicalstone!!!

i use MMJ for a number of reasons myself including but not limited to: GERD, Bleeding Ulcers, Muscle spasms, extreme muscle tension, anxiety, etc

i find that just CBD doesnt work, i work with the 20:1 ACDC cut and find that it only works when i use it with other cannabinoids, a pure CBD profile doesnt fix it all. so i use strains that are high in the terpene's Limonene and b-Caryophellene for my GERD and Ulcers, Limonene has been shown to be an effective treatment for GERD and b-Caryophellene actually coats and protects the stomach lining. i also find that certain indica strains and Kush varieties will close my esophageal sphincters during mild to severe emetic episodes and can keep it down for about 30 minutes until i do something to help myself (ie pure aloe, eating, heat, etc) so i use them as an anti-emetic. these strains include certain OG kush varieties, GDP, Purple Urkle, etc. just smelling the container (the terpenes) alone can stop me from gagging and throwing up fairly fast. the CBD probably helps my stomach the least amount of time, but i still include it in saturation of my system, especially for my muscle spasms.

for asthma i would HIGHLY recommend a strain that is high in the terpene a-Pinene such as Blue Dream. Pinene is known as a Broncho-dilator and this proves to be best for patients with Asthma as it expands the airways allowing more air to be breathed deeper. just like when you walk into a pine tree forest, you can suddenly deep just a bit deeper. this is the pinene in the pine trees and cannabis shares this wonderful medicine :)

hope this helps in choosing a strain that works for you. id try a bit more than CBD rich, and try using a full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes :)

Cannavore

Veteran
i'd stick with Cannatonic from Resin Seeds. Lot of these CBD clones are probably just renamed plants from the Cannatonic line. Or check out Sin City Seeds. They sell S1's of AC/DC and crosses like AC/DC x Harlequin.

wurlok

CBD alone is only the half part of the story but its better you have it on their own. The 1:1 strains can make your anxiety worser and there is always a controverse effect of fighting THC vs CBD. But if you take pure CBD after a high THC strain there is no anxiety anymore. The CBD blocks THC then complete in the brain and the THC falls down in the body and releases tensions.

All CBD Crew seeds are based on Cannatonic. From Royal Queen seeds the finest is probably the Royal Highness but i dont believe its 1:1, more high THC based, a little anxiety but good for pain.

ECtraveler

Veteran
May I ask where you are sourcing the information that 1:1 strains cause anxiety? That's the first I've heard of it

Also the breeder says Royal Highness is in fact a type II 1:1 which puts it in the exact category you just warned everyone against a paragraph earlier.
a beautiful Spanish hybrid, has produced a powerful marijuana strain with an almost equal ratio of CBD and THC, meaning great medicinal potential.

I've personally grown and medicated with
ACDC (20:1), Valentine X (20:1), Cannatonic x Canna-Tsu(20:1), ACDC Cookies (4:1 & 2:1), Cannatonic (CA clone; 2:1), Harequin(1:1), Toci (2:1,1:1 & 2:1), Canna-Tsu (2:1,1:1,1:20), Harle-Tsu(2:1), EMT (2:1 & 1:1), Gabby's Gift(3:2), Tabula Rasa (4:1 & 2:1), Cookietonic(2:1 & 3:2) & Band-Aide(2:1, 3:2 & 1:1)

Last edited:

wurlok

RQS stated in the first Data on their website that was available on Royal Highness that is has 20% THC, after i asked them about CBD Percentage, they changed it out, they not tested their cannabis on CBD at that time, they said. Its simple a cross with high CBD strain Juanita de Lagrimosa not stabilized to be equal. Ive grown it and it has the finest Bouquet Cannabis can offer but it was not 1:1 but found it better. I like it more when one Cannabinoid is stronger present. CBD Mango Haze causes me anxiety when i not take CBD Cookies after it. I am a injuried person and speak from vaporizing it, if you smoke it you will probably never get to the cannabinoid saturation that cause anxiety.

Pastelero

ACDC (20:1), Valentine X (20:1), Cannatonic x Canna-Tsu(20:1), ACDC Cookies (4:1 & 2:1), Cannatonic (CA clone; 2:1), Harequin(1:1), Toci (2:1,1:1 & 2:1), Canna-Tsu (2:1,1:1,1:20), Harle-Tsu(2:1), EMT (2:1 & 1:1), Gabby's Gift(3:2), Tabula Rasa (4:1 & 2:1), Cookietonic(2:1 & 3:2) & Band-Aide(2:1, 3:2 & 1:1)

Thats an impressive list! :tiphat:

Is there any chance to get my hands on the ACDC outside the US?
Is there a seedline or just cuttings?

ACDC is a select cannatonic out of 17 seeds. its a clone only strain but like Cannavore said, SinCity Seeds has an ACDC s1 as well as other ACDC crosses. i work for SCS so i can attest the quality from experience. i popped 2 seeds and both were extremely high CBD and low THC so its a good one, just very hard to grow indoors. as far as i know, they are sold out and not available at the moment, but i hear that we will be restocking the CBD line and rereleasing it again at the 2015 Denver 4/20 HTCC so try to get in on em when u get the chance!

Pastelero

cool thanks for the info!

I´ve seen the SCS CBD seedline, but as you mentioned its sold out.

I live unfortunately outside the US and can´t attend the Denver420 HTCC. I guess I have to wait until they are available again and order online, if thats possible!

All CBD Crew seeds are based on Cannatonic.

that's not what cbd crew says.

Why don´t you try Seeds from the Reggae-Seeds (RS) and CBD-Crew/Resine Seeds Line (CBDC)? Most of the hybrids you have listed, are crossings of Juanita Lagrimosa/Danceworld (RS) and Cannatonic (CBDC). CBDC has got an outdoor-mix too and offers regular seeds of CBD S'n'S Widow (the latter is indica dominant).

By the way for medical purposes it would be great to get seeds from the Harlequin crosses at a more favourable price in Europe. The Stephen Hawking Kush (Alphakronik Genes) sounds promising, but the regular seeds are overpriced.

However I am looking forward to see more suggestions to you topic! Good luck!

Japdam

I agree 100%%%
Most of the popular cbd strains originated from reggae then resin then cbd crew, except for the harlequin crosses. Might as well go to the source.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301474

EC, can you tell us more about the different effects you are getting from the different ratios? It looks like they are all cbd dominant. Thanks!

-pH

ECtraveler

Veteran
EC, can you tell us more about the different effects you are getting from the different ratios? It looks like they are all cbd dominant. Thanks!

-pH

Unfortunately (and it really pains me to type this) I can't. As I prepare to make CBD genetics available to others I am forbidden to make any claims or statements to it's benefits and/or effectiveness. Hopefully the SAFERS Act passes and this ridiculously cumbersome roadblock is removed.

It's truly incomprehensible to me that simply sharing information that could prove helpful to others is illegal. An infringement of free speech if there ever was one. I could understand if I was making recommendations but not even being able to relay experiences or leave opinions is asinine. It's literally a situation where the more you know about something the less you're allowed to talk about it

Last edited:

wurlok

from Resign Seeds Website (Cannatonic)
You can also check the updates of our collaboration with Mr.Nice & Shantibaba, CBD Crew. All 100% stable CBD rich seeds!

If you have stong nerve pain at your spine, taking CBD enriched Sativa like CBD Mango Haze is not the best option, it actually makes it worser through the stimulating effect. CBD Mango Haze works as muscle relaxant but has no effect on central pain and makes dissorted even stronger than regular strains. Thats not what a injuried person wants.

Taking pure CBD with a pure Indica is better for pain treatment. It is a very narcotic fallback high if you overdue it. and kills all pain even stronger and with more enlightenment then Morphine.

Even those oldscool Afghanis that are around, have mostly a 12-16% THC and near 4 % CBD, are better medicine for pain traitment.

On the other side the himalayan CBD rich Sativas are way more relaxing in the neck than any other type of cannabis, but more difficult to cultivate indoors.