What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

do any of yall know of a good Root stimulater?

D

DeftoneSmoker

I use Superthrive hormones. Not sure if its the best but you can get it at walmart for 5 bucks and everytime I add it to my res theres an explosion of root growth.

loyalty7

Roots excelurator. Or general hydroponics Rapid start. Rapid start is pretty much a copy of roots excelurator but for less $ with same results... ;)
I dont believe rapid start is cheaper, it's half the price of roots ex, but you use 2.5ml of rapid start compared to 1.1ml roots ex...

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I dont believe rapid start is cheaper, it's half the price of roots ex, but you use 2.5ml of rapid start compared to 1.1ml roots ex...

Did you check the label?

Normal Usage:
1 tsp per 5 gallons of water (1/4 ml / L) = 1ml/gal
Recommended for: Coco Coir
Soil & Soilless
Continuous Liquid Feed

Aggressive Usage:
2 tsp per 5 gallons of water (1/2 ml / L) = 2ml/gal
Recommended for: Hydroponics
Cloning Machines
Propagation Trays
Root Drench

Where did you get 2.5? I use 1ml/gal just like RE.
Rapid Start is cheaper. Alot.

Y

YosemiteSam

Oddly enough the people who count on really, really huge root systems...the outdoor monster growers...do not use any of these things. I fail to see the point in spending the money

loyalty7

Did you check the label?

Normal Usage:
1 tsp per 5 gallons of water (1/4 ml / L) = 1ml/gal
Recommended for: Coco Coir
Soil & Soilless
Continuous Liquid Feed

Aggressive Usage:
2 tsp per 5 gallons of water (1/2 ml / L) = 2ml/gal
Recommended for: Hydroponics
Cloning Machines
Propagation Trays
Root Drench

Hey, the bottles in my shop says 1ml per gal normal feeding
2.5ml for aggressive feedings

Where did you get 2.5? I use 1ml/gal just like RE.
Rapid Start is cheaper. Alot.

Hey, the bottles in my shop says 1ml per gal normal feeding
2.5ml for aggressive feedings

G

Guest 18340

Oddly enough the people who count on really, really huge root systems...the outdoor monster growers...do not use any of these things. I fail to see the point in spending the money
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The voice of reason...
I was perched to buy a root stimulator and have been following this thread all along and kept wondering "but why?"
I'd love it for someone to break down the science behind root simulators. Or is it a placebo effect?

Last edited:

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran

Because they work? I don't use any in my reservoirs, just in the nute
solution I give to my clones. Helps to coax out those new roots.
By the time I'd be putting my stuff outdoors, I would hope they already have a nice big root system.

The cost involved using 1ml per gal for clones is ridiculously small.

Y

YosemiteSam

Ca is the key to root growth. Jack your Ca up to 3-4 times your Mg and watch the roots grow...no stimulators necessary.

I would love to hear how some designed an experiment to check if these things work or not. Be sure to include the standard deviation so I can determine if sample size was large enough.

Sorry for the asshole tone...but really. If you can manage to grow a 7 lb plant that has to be in the ground from April til almost Nov and have better health than 99% of indoor grows, without any of the additives...well that ought to set off a light bulb in someone's head...the key Ca occupying 65-70% of the cation exchange sites.

Fat Man use to say Roots Excel was nothing more than water run through chicken shit...and btw, chicken shit just happens to be loaded with Ca

(Canna rhizotonic or H&G roots xlerator.
Done deal. ) - totally agreed dude, wells said

i do DWC and you throw a few drops of either one of these - pre gal and the roots go fuckin nuts - i love it, LOVE IT \
everyone else should enjoy these products as well

Last edited:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ca is the key to root growth. Jack your Ca up to 3-4 times your Mg and watch the roots grow...no stimulators necessary.

I would love to hear how some designed an experiment to check if these things work or not. Be sure to include the standard deviation so I can determine if sample size was large enough.

Sorry for the asshole tone...but really. If you can manage to grow a 7 lb plant that has to be in the ground from April til almost Nov and have better health than 99% of indoor grows, without any of the additives...well that ought to set off a light bulb in someone's head...the key Ca occupying 65-70% of the cation exchange sites.

Fat Man use to say Roots Excel was nothing more than water run through chicken shit...and btw, chicken shit just happens to be loaded with Ca

what is ca?

kronk

I tried to get some H&G Excelurator but the only bottle in the local grow shop was £70 so I've gone with GHE BioRoots.

idiit

Veteran
yosemitesam imo is absolutely right about the ca. garden lime contains ca/mg ratios at 2:1. the best ca/mg ratio imo is 10:1, not 2:1. pure ca lime used for ca, garden lime (dolomite lime) as mg( not ca) supplement. ca is not just a supplement. it's a pivot point catalyst that determines what level of nutrients the plants can uptake.

seacrop. seacrop is awesome. it contains chelated trace minerals, archaea and ormus. archaea and ormus are two very powerful organic supplements that are still under the radar but shouldn't be.

i'm not an authority but i have done my research. seacrop is awesome stuff that will definitely help indoors, outdoors ( rootball enhancement listed benefit of seacrop).

seacrop is dirt cheap compared to many other supplements. a little goes a long way. i ingest seacrop diluted in h2o spun in a water vortex magnitizer for ormus and structured water benefits. the archaea are human/animal friendly as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts