What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Rodehazrd

Hey there guys
Pop mice suck but cayenne helps I get wire with a cayenne layer in the shielding it looks like Vaseline with specks.
But you could just sprinkle it I think. I plan to pick up some afterthought Azure Rocket. Just to fill in early summer next year, its a 10 year celebration sale.

Fiddy you grow that? Hope the boat keeps running good. I rent a couple times a year spending $250 a pop for a pontoon.

Here's an couple of my outdoor. Headband in a tub and Bangi in a tomato cage bent at a 45. I saw that on YouTube kind of a supercrop.

Attachments

• 20190725_183155.jpg
    20190725_183155.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190725_183209.jpg
    20190725_183209.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 6

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is a nice looking canopy rhode!
great job my man!
great idea using the spicy pepper to keep the mice away
we put ground up hot peppers in the chicken feed to ward off the rodents on occasion
turns out one of the seeds i got from ab' was a azure rocket crossed with blueberry jar (blueberry x j.herrer)
i have some soaking and i cant wait to see how they grow but i think azure rocket is one of his premiere fruity strains

Fiddynut

Hi Pop,

The plants are maybe 12" tall, but the Gas and Guns has not begun to flower and is a bit taller with thicker stems, the one you mentioned is Gomers Surprise, a freebee sample, it branches got real wide right away, very excited for the surprise to finish, :). Total bummer about the rodents munching down your Auto's, Fn rats I bet hey chew everything.

Hi Fiddy - WOW just read up on the storm, scary stuff, but glad everyone is ok because that is the important thing. I can imagine how sad it is to say good bye to the cabin, the cottage I was at over the fourth has been in my wife's family for about 40 years, and her and all her cousins have been going to this lake their whole lives, it is a wonderful thing and I am sure your memories are similar. Silver lining is you are getting the boat, those are very cool to cruise around in, yes bots are money pits but being on the water is very nice.

Good afternoon rocker.
Yep is was a crazy storm but the important thing is that everyone is just fine and the damage to the cabin was minimal. The downed trees can be cleaned up and will eventually grow back. Some of the others in the area had it a lot worse.
It's sad to say goodbye but not as hard as I thought it would be. To be honest I said goodby a long time ago. When I moved to Cali in the 1990's. At the time my grandparents were getting old and they were planning on selling it so that my mom and her couple of siblings wouldn't have to figure out how to devise it up. As it turned out they kept it and we got a bonus 20 years out of the place. It's just not practical to have a place that far away when I work so much during the summer. I've got 45 years of great memories!

Fiddynut

hope everyone is starting their week off right

its very interesting to me to watch how the autos grow out and i will be sure to follow along with your adventure rocker
there might be a place for autoflower plants in every growers garden one of these days and its interesting to see how much some plants vary as far as growth habit, potency, yeild and time goes

thats rad you guys are keeping the boat and im sure you and your brother are going to continue the fun on the water
thats cool your bother lives close to the water so you guys can easily trailer the boat down to the lake
that sounds like it would be so rad to hop on and cruise out to the middle of the lake, then spend the day swiming and listening to good music
so me and the mrs went to a new chineese place for lunch to other day
i was craving noodles but when we got there i saw one of the options was to get the chow mein noodles fried and covered in gravy!

oh man! this was so good
the noodles under the toppings was nice and soft from the gravy but the ones on the sides were all warm and crispy
im definitely going to go back to this place again
hope you are having a great monday brother
/give eggo a good pat for me when you get a chance

Good afternoon pop.
Wow that looks like a great plate of food brother! I bet that hit the spot. I can almost taste it just looking at it. We use to put those noodles on top of chop Sui (sp?). I don't eat a lot of Chinese food these days because there aren't a lot of good restaurants around anymore, most of them serve the same stuff that just like the frozen food in bags at the grocery stores.
My bro and I actually live on opposite sides of the same lake. He is a couple blocks off and I'm just about a block off the lake. It would be a lot less practical if we wernt so close. Also, because we live so close we can use the resident launch, which means no waiting in line to get the boat in. There is a public launch with parking but it's always crowded, since we can park in my driveway we can get right on and off.
I hope your week is going well and I'll give Eggo a pat for you when I get home.

Fiddynut

Hey there guys
Pop mice suck but cayenne helps I get wire with a cayenne layer in the shielding it looks like Vaseline with specks.
But you could just sprinkle it I think. I plan to pick up some afterthought Azure Rocket. Just to fill in early summer next year, its a 10 year celebration sale.

Fiddy you grow that? Hope the boat keeps running good. I rent a couple times a year spending $250 a pop for a pontoon.

Here's an couple of my outdoor. Headband in a tub and Bangi in a tomato cage bent at a 45. I saw that on YouTube kind of a supercrop.

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
I did grow out a couple of those azure rocket. I'm glad to see he still has that strain going strong.
We got the boat new about 10 years ago and have taken good care of it and not put a lot of hours on it so I hope she keeps running well for a long time.
250 a couple times a year to rent is money well spent. You can just show up and have a nice cruise and avoid all of the unpleasant things like trailering around and winterizing and stuff.
Your girls are looking great! Really branchy should have some great bud sites.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i bet you could totally make your own chineese food at home that blows the doors off all those local places
we are lucky here in san diego and have a huge ethnic popluation from all over the world so you will find legit spots that serve just about anything you can imagine
im noticing a lot more indian/ middle eastern restaurants lately too
but the chineese place was really good for the price
thats so cool you guys live on opposite sides of the same lake and im sure you will enjoy having the boat
so i had my friend take a few pics of the new autos when i brought them over and i will ask him to send them asap
ive also started beans for the ones that dident make it and i will be sure to put some coverings over them if i put them outside again
so can you tell us anything about the azure rockets? about how many weeks did they go and how was the smoke from what you remember
/yeah i could go to the old thread, but i...am...very...lazy
hope you are having a great week brother
have you ran into that racer girl out on the trails lately

Fiddynut

i bet you could totally make your own chineese food at home that blows the doors off all those local places
we are lucky here in san diego and have a huge ethnic popluation from all over the world so you will find legit spots that serve just about anything you can imagine
im noticing a lot more indian/ middle eastern restaurants lately too
but the chineese place was really good for the price
thats so cool you guys live on opposite sides of the same lake and im sure you will enjoy having the boat
so i had my friend take a few pics of the new autos when i brought them over and i will ask him to send them asap
ive also started beans for the ones that dident make it and i will be sure to put some coverings over them if i put them outside again
so can you tell us anything about the azure rockets? about how many weeks did they go and how was the smoke from what you remember
/yeah i could go to the old thread, but i...am...very...lazy
hope you are having a great week brother
have you ran into that racer girl out on the trails lately

Good afternoon pop.
Your probably right about me being able to make better Chinese food than most restaurants here. Give me some 5 spice powder and some hoisin sauce and some protein and veggies and I'll stir fry the shit out of it.
Indian food is another thing that o don't get exposed to very often. I've had bad Indian food a couple times and have been hesitant to try it since. I do like that flat breads and some of the concepts think I just need to find a place that makes it taste good. Same with Middle Eastern food, I think thay are into kabobs and I'm down with that!
I just had a look back at my grow of the A-rockets. It was interisting to look back at that grow. I had only one full grow under my belt when I started those seeds. I ended up with 3 female a-rockets and they went almost exactly 60 days from seed pop to harvest. I was running an 18/6 light schedule the whole time. It was a really fun grow. I remember enjoying the smoke a lot but not many details because it's been quite some time.
I haven't seen that lady racer on the trails in a few days but I did ride with a buddy from work llast Saturday. He has one of those fancy bike computers and we went over all the sector times after the ride. It was cool to see how fast we were and when we compared them to what people had been running in the races there it looks like we would have finished mid pack. Mind you we weren't racing and we're taking it a little easy as it was my buddies first time on those trails. So I'd think I could be in the top 1/3 right out of the box if I entered a race there.
Hump day already!

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings friends.
We're about two weeks into flower for my cobra lips plants and they are starting to get their first pubes. The stretch was pretty minimal on them too. I've got to trim up the bottom branches and get ready to put the support stakes in soon. Not a lot of scent yet but I'm hoping for some loud plants by the time they finish. Here are a couple pics of them. :biggrin::ying:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah man, the plants are looking really good brother
i know what you mean about being able to make your own food at home that tastes better than a lot of restaurants
dont forget about teh sesame oil too, that goes a long way and gives things a asian flavor too
the mrs had this graphic that showed the most common spices used in cooking from around the world
one thing my mom uses in her chineese cooking sometimes is cinnamon
like when you marinate some meat add a dash of cinnamon powder to it
a lot of the middle eastern dishes have a lot of spices in them and there is this rice dish some of my middle easter friends make where they kind of toast the rice at the bottom of the pan so it has this brown crust
they also put raisins in it and it taste great!
yeah the mrs uses strava and its fun to see our times next to the others who ride the same trails
you can tell which riders are super serious because they will have kotm (qotm) for most segments
sounds like it was a fun ride and i hope your buddy enoyed taking a spin with you
does he toke? sometimes me and the mrs would bring a treat with us out on our rides
mostly when we would ride at night but there is nothing like riding in the dark after burning a fatty
hope you are having a great week brother and are looking ahead to a fun weekend

looks like we have a new friend from far away!
welcome greasy glands

Fiddynut

yeah man, the plants are looking really good brother
i know what you mean about being able to make your own food at home that tastes better than a lot of restaurants
dont forget about teh sesame oil too, that goes a long way and gives things a asian flavor too
the mrs had this graphic that showed the most common spices used in cooking from around the world
one thing my mom uses in her chineese cooking sometimes is cinnamon
like when you marinate some meat add a dash of cinnamon powder to it
a lot of the middle eastern dishes have a lot of spices in them and there is this rice dish some of my middle easter friends make where they kind of toast the rice at the bottom of the pan so it has this brown crust
they also put raisins in it and it taste great!
yeah the mrs uses strava and its fun to see our times next to the others who ride the same trails
you can tell which riders are super serious because they will have kotm (qotm) for most segments
sounds like it was a fun ride and i hope your buddy enoyed taking a spin with you
does he toke? sometimes me and the mrs would bring a treat with us out on our rides
mostly when we would ride at night but there is nothing like riding in the dark after burning a fatty
hope you are having a great week brother and are looking ahead to a fun weekend

looks like we have a new friend from far away!
welcome greasy glands

Good afternoon pop.
Thank you! The girls are looking pretty good. I have a few rust spots on just a few leaves, which I haven't had for a while, but I'm not going to trip on that. After reading through my auto grow thread yesterday it reminded me of how I use to get all worried about every little leaf when I first started. Fast forward a couple years and it takes a lot to get me worried in my grows. I use to stress about the little things so much that those first few grows, I thought that every leaf on the plant had to be perfect.
Your so right about the sesame oil brother. It adds a great subtle flavor that I love. Even if I'm making a stew or pot roast I add a little at the end when I'm browning the meat. I think you mentioned the cinnamon in the Asian dishes before. You are right a little of that stuff goes a long way. Earthy spices like cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg are a great way to add a subtle flavor to things. Even my home made bratwurst have some allspice in them, but too much and they taste like Christmas.
My buddy from work dosent toke but also isn't against it. He mostly rides on bike paths on one of those fancy road bikes with the skinny tires. This was his first mountain bike ride of the season and he had a good time. I usually puff a few tokes on my way to the bike trails.
I hope your week is finishing strong brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
speaking of christmas,can you believe its already august man? this year is really flying by
you have really come a long way brother and its been so much fun watching your grows
i used to be the same way and would fret over every little thing in the garden
but over time you realize that most small problems are just small problems and not worth getting too worked up about
thats cool that your friend does not smoke, but i assume hes cool with it?
ive seen those hydrid bikes out on the trails, kind of like road bikes but meant for trail riding
i cant wait to stop by my friends house tomorrow and check on the girls
we took pics last weekend of the sprouts but i will be sure to get some more this week
do you ahve any plans for the weekend besides working around the cabin?
ive been encouraging a friend from another thread to drop in here and i hope we see him soon

lets finish our week off strong and kick some ass tomorrow my man!

Fiddynut

speaking of christmas,can you believe its already august man? this year is really flying by
you have really come a long way brother and its been so much fun watching your grows
i used to be the same way and would fret over every little thing in the garden
but over time you realize that most small problems are just small problems and not worth getting too worked up about
thats cool that your friend does not smoke, but i assume hes cool with it?
ive seen those hydrid bikes out on the trails, kind of like road bikes but meant for trail riding
i cant wait to stop by my friends house tomorrow and check on the girls
we took pics last weekend of the sprouts but i will be sure to get some more this week
do you ahve any plans for the weekend besides working around the cabin?
ive been encouraging a friend from another thread to drop in here and i hope we see him soon

lets finish our week off strong and kick some ass tomorrow my man!

Good afternoon pop.
Flying by for sure brother. The days are getting shorter and summer is going to be winding down in a few weeks for us. Fall can be the nicest season of the year here but it's always bitter sweet because it ends in winter.
I remember being stressed about every little thing on those first grows. I would look at all kinds of pictures of deficient leaves and try to compare them to my plants. When I'd try to correct for something I'd usually make things worse. If I could go back in time and give myself some advise it would be to chill and just let the plants grow, they are weeds and don't need constant attention. In spite of all that I did enjoy my first few grows because everything was so new and I was learning a lot. Not it's become more of a job that I do everyday. But I still love my plants and wouldn't have it any other way!
I hope your buddies plants are doing well! Post up some pics when you are able.
Not much going on this weekend other than work at the cabin.
Your buddy is welcome here the more the merrier!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im sure baba will be along soon, hes a cool guy and would fit right in with this group
so my friend finally sent me the pics of the plants from last weekend
so without further ado, meet the first group, the blanc jaques

and her sister

/you can see a little of the damage done by the rodents in the second pictures on her one fingered leafs

im going over theretonight so i will be sure to get some pics showing how far they have come in the last week
i have some azure rocket x bb jar and obilisk sprouting but they sre not ready to bring over
they should be ready to go by next week
i am really excited to watch them grow out and cant wait to see where this goes!
/big thanks again to AB' for all he does!

i know what you mean about over caring for your plants and i was in the same place way back when brother
remember one of the first bits of advice i offered, about sometimes inactivity is the best course of action
sometimes we want to succeed so much that we actually trip ourselves up with our first grows
but like you said, these plants are super hearty and want to grow
of course there are certain things we can do to ensure their happiness, like good soil, temps and plenty of light but after that we need to step back and let the plants do their thing

hope everyone has a great weekend

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning fellas
hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend
went to my buddies house last night for dinner and to check on the new babies
so far the plants are doing great
they have more than doubled in size and look like they have adjusted to their new home and the full outdoor sun with no problems
this is the first b.jacque

and here is the second

i think my buddy needs to step up the watering a touch but other than that everything is looking really nice
hopefully they have couple more weeks of veg to fill out a bit more and i will start looking for signs of sex starting next week
im really diggin these plants so far with their robust growth and beautiful structure
cant wait to see how they look next week!

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey jungle mates,

Fiddynuts, I look forward to seeing how those cobralips do for you. I didn't find a keeper in the couple I ran, so hopefully you get some keepers. They are looking promising. Bummer about the damage to the cabin. I am sure it will be bittersweet to sell the cabin. It seems like it would be nice to have the boat closer to home.

@ pop Rocks, I hear great things about the afterthought autos. Bummer about the rodent damage. Let's hope the rest perform well. I definitely understand how it is to lose plants. I killed off everything I had when clones from my buddy spewed PM on all my shit, yeah, I am a little bitter about that. The whole legal op he works at is dealing with it now. He tried to send me home with more plants lastnight, nope I see everything much clearer now. These guys are all ego, and little skill . How do you turn a multi million dollar grow into a shithole. They got one guy who knows what he is doing, but they are trying to undermine everything he does. The hate on dude, because he gets 60 grand a crop, and they get 20$ an hour. When you have run warehouses across the state simultaneously, and successfully, you can demand the big bucks. My buddy got mad, because I told him, 60k a month to run an operation that makes millions of dollars a month is a bargain, you get what you pay for.

I hot a couple l.b.l. crosses going into flower in the next week or 2. Also, a couple sour grapes from BOG.

I took the wife out to dinner lastnight, had an awesome bison ribeye, yumm. We were celebrating. I got a raise, and my company is not moving, so I get to keep my job.I may be taking over as head of a department, nothing is for sure.
I have gotten 5 raises in less than 2 years, so I think it's possible. The wife is working full-time now, such a relief. We also got 11,000$ in financial aid for the wifes college bill, totally out of the blue. Its been a freaking rollercoaster since we lost the house. It feels like we are finally getting back on track. I was beginning to think we would never get out of the hole we were in. It's nice to see light at the end of the tunnel. Still a long way to go, but I can see the path more clearly now.

Rocker, Rhodehazard, and anyone I missed, hope your gardens stay, green, and filled with massive nugs.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hey p'fan! glad to see you around brother
ive never had a bison rib eye and i hope you and the wife both enjoyed your night out
that is great news about the job and im sure you would be the right choice to lead the dept
so glad to hear that the wife is working full time and i hope she is happy where she is at
that financial aid sounds like it was a nice surprise man and im glad you are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel
that sucks about the pm and i hope you were able to get things all cleaned up
you would think anyone who would invest that much money into an op would know to put someone solid in charge
like you said, too much ego and petty jealousy getting in the way
keep us posted on how your plants are doing
are you catching any fruit smells off the grape from bog?

hope you and the family are having a great summer

Fiddynut

morning fellas
hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend
went to my buddies house last night for dinner and to check on the new babies
so far the plants are doing great
they have more than doubled in size and look like they have adjusted to their new home and the full outdoor sun with no problems
this is the first b.jacque

and here is the second

i think my buddy needs to step up the watering a touch but other than that everything is looking really nice
hopefully they have couple more weeks of veg to fill out a bit more and i will start looking for signs of sex starting next week
im really diggin these plants so far with their robust growth and beautiful structure
cant wait to see how they look next week!

im sure baba will be along soon, hes a cool guy and would fit right in with this group
so my friend finally sent me the pics of the plants from last weekend
so without further ado, meet the first group, the blanc jaques

and her sister

/you can see a little of the damage done by the rodents in the second pictures on her one fingered leafs

im going over theretonight so i will be sure to get some pics showing how far they have come in the last week
i have some azure rocket x bb jar and obilisk sprouting but they sre not ready to bring over
they should be ready to go by next week
i am really excited to watch them grow out and cant wait to see where this goes!
/big thanks again to AB' for all he does!

i know what you mean about over caring for your plants and i was in the same place way back when brother
remember one of the first bits of advice i offered, about sometimes inactivity is the best course of action
sometimes we want to succeed so much that we actually trip ourselves up with our first grows
but like you said, these plants are super hearty and want to grow
of course there are certain things we can do to ensure their happiness, like good soil, temps and plenty of light but after that we need to step back and let the plants do their thing

hope everyone has a great weekend

Good afternoon pop.
Those plants are looking great and growing really well. The rodent damage dosent look to have slowed them down at all. They look like they have enough leaves to really start sucking up the sun and going crazy. I hear you on how fun it is to watch those grow, they sure are robust. I hope they are ladys. On my autos it was really easy to sex them, right at 3 weeks the boys threw out balls that were unmistakable. Way less stressful than trying to presex photoperiod plants.
I'm sure your buddy will figure out a good watering schedule, especially when they grow up and start using a lot of water. Are those 5 gallon buckets? I'd imagine it's a few days between watering plants that size, but maybe not because thay are outside and it's got to be hot and dry down there.
Yep, over caring is a great way to put what my first few grows were like. I remember you saying that sometimes not doing anything is the best thing you can do. There were a few times those first few months that I needed to hear that I was worrying way too much. Thanks again brother!
It was kind of strange working up at the cabin last weekend but I'm happy that we got a lot done and the place is in great shape. I wasn't sure how I would feel and if I'd be all depressed to know I would only see the place once more. But all went well and I didn't mope around up there at all. We are selling to someone who was a neighbor up there and says they want us to come up for a week or two every summer and I think they are sincere about that. I doubt I'll take them up on it but I hope my mom does.
I hope you had a great weekend and your week is starting off nicley!

Latest posts

Latest posts