Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Cannabis Withdrawal

Thread Title Search
Cannabis Withdrawal Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2018, 05:59 AM #1
covert

covert has a spectacular aura aboutcovert has a spectacular aura aboutcovert has a spectacular aura aboutcovert has a spectacular aura aboutcovert has a spectacular aura about
Cannabis Withdrawal

I have been using cannabis on and off most of my adult life but have had decade long breaks. I got back into it around August last year and it started with weekly vapes and got to the stage where I was smoking 2-3 times daily up until last week.

That's the most I have ever had in my life. Months of 3-4 days daily vaping. I've had very mild irritability and cravings when I stopped for the one or two days that I was for work reasons.

I decided to stop because I was finding that I was having to vape ever larger amounts to get the effects I was after. Last week I had whole buds on 3 occasions in one day.

Anyway today is day 4 of withdrawal and my symptoms were at a peak this morning. They start mainly yesterday with headache of a tension type that migrated round the head and was mainly above and around the eyes. I have had 2 nights of insomnia and last night barely slept 3 hours.

I woke with the ongoing headache in temples and forehead and a feeling of numbness and tingling in feet to the point I was fearing I had some other sort of disease but I am medically very well.

The headache feels like a hangover and doesn't respond to caffeine or tylenol really. I'm not sensitive to light.

I really can't believe this is cannabis withdrawal. I'm loathe at this point to have a bowl because I really want to clear it out of my system but I know that would definitely help work out whether it's withdrawal.

I'm drinking water and consuming calories and feel things are clearing now but the last 2 days have been terrible. Slight nauseous feelings at food and complete lack on any enjoyment of life and ordinary things.

I'm probably going to take this through another 2-3 days and from there on go back to microdosing like I was when I started in August last year. I'm surprised at the physical withdrawal I appear to be having. I thought maybe it's a viral pre-syndrome but it's pretty static and aside from the headache and mood being down there's not much more.
covert is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:04 AM #2
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Where have you been getting your cannabis from?
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2018, 08:18 AM #3
covert

covert has a spectacular aura aboutcovert has a spectacular aura aboutcovert has a spectacular aura aboutcovert has a spectacular aura aboutcovert has a spectacular aura about
Home grown.
covert is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2018, 08:55 AM #4
MountainBudz
xXx~SkunkDaddyOutlaw~xXx

MountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud ofMountainBudz has much to be proud of
Hope you don't ever have to indure opiate/opioid withdrawal... I am battling that off and on right now, not am abuse or street habit but I am battling coming off the opiates my Pain Management prescribes me. I tend to run out sooner every month and always fall straight into withdrawal within 4 hours after my last dose.... Body Aches, chills, anxiety, diharea, cold sweats, runny nose, vomiting etc.... Like a bad case of the flu with extreme anxiety and restless legs.

I use Kratom and weed to help with them... it helps tremendously. I wanna switch to full cannabis use only to manage my Pain and that is my goal eventually.

But honestly when I run out of weed which is very rare as I grow more than enough or when I go without smoking the only two things I feel is... that I am not high anymore and maybe some very slight sleep difficulty and barely noticeable irritability.

Hope you get it all figured out and feel better.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348412

..."A good grower has learned, a great grower never stops"...
MountainBudz is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2018, 11:39 AM #5
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
This can't be serious.your describing alcohol and or opiate withdrawal.I just got of the hospital for alcohol detox and if your trolling fuck you.unless your using toxic nutes for your weed your full of shit.cold sweats!lol
shithawk420 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:43 AM #6
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Major dehydration and malnutrition can cause a lot of problems over time.

Until you recover, it's time to get off all drugs and alcohol if you can.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:51 AM #7
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with everything you said trout,but smoking 3 times a day isn't shit.he's either very malnourished or a hypochondriac.I used to smoke a quarter a day and never seen anyone "withdraw"from weed.my 60 year old diabetic uncle smokes about 10 joints a day literally.and he was a respirtory thearapist.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:00 PM #8
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
I can quite honestly say that I have never experienced any withdrawals (jonesing) from using cannabis...

For sure I have been in situations where I have not had cannabis when I wanted or needed it, but all I got from that was disappointment, and I know what withdrawals are about from opium because I used opium for 6 months on the Thai/Burmese border back in the 80's, and coming back to reality from that was 4 days of sweaty hell.

This idea of being addicted to cannabis just does not compute with me, simply because I can take it or leave it with only perhaps a feeling of disappointment if its not around and at times throughout the last 42 years of my cannabis use I have been a fairly heavy cannabis user but never, ever, experienced anything remotely close to proper withdrawal symptoms as you would get with opiates.

What the threadstarter describes is more like my withdrawal experience with opiates and not cannabis .....no weed, you might get a bit sad, no opium and you are literally climbing the walls.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:38 PM #9
shithawk420

That's what I was saying Gypsy.I just got out of the hospital for alcohol detox and it can be even worse than opiate withdrawal.I just find it offensive when these hypochondriacs make these claims.you wanna see real withdrawal go to a methadone clinic.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:55 PM #10
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shithawk420 View Post
That's what I was saying Gypsy.I just got out of the hospital for alcohol detox and it can be even worse than opiate withdrawal.I just find it offensive when these hypochondriacs make these claims.you wanna see real withdrawal go to a methadone clinic.
I guess that we all have different metabolisms, so perhaps some of us are more sensitive to quitting cannabis than others and so some withdrawral symptoms from cannabis might be experienced....by a few.

I think perhaps it is more of a psychosematic withdrawral from cannabis that some people experience if anything......hence the feeling of dissapointment I experienced......

6 members found this post helpful.