Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2013, 12:37 AM #1
Biosynthesis

Biosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to all
We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here

Hello fellow IC magers!

Besides growing Ganja for the winter months a lot of us put our gardening skills to use growing food for the table as well. Every year I look forward to putting in a garden. Last year was a great grow season with bumper harvests. Weather carrots, corn or ganga, horticulture is in my blood. To preserve put away and grow your own food is very rewarding and healthy. The vegetable garden always gets just as much attention if not more than the ganga and just as rewarding. Feel free to show off your edibles here.

EDIT: Thanks for all the positive vibes from everyone who has visited and contributed to this thread! Starting this thread I was going to keep it to just the vegetable gardening, but ended up including fruits, animals & even the bounty from a fishing trip! So I encourage people to share their ideas and experiences. As long as it is earthy and fun, please share it! Here are pictures of 2012 gardens. 2013 gardens start kicking off good on page 13. Thanks for joining in, and have fun!!!

Biosynthesis is offline Quote

17 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 AM #2
OrganicBuds
Banned

OrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud of
I just have a raised bed, I am jealous of your veggie set up. Here is the only picture I have, and now all the plants are in the raised bed soil. I will post up another pic when I have the chance.

Tomatoes, artichokes, peppers, strawberries, basil, rosemary, chives, cucumbers.

OrganicBuds is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 AM #3
Biosynthesis

Biosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to all
Thank you Organic Buds! Nice selection of veggies. Raised beds do great and you set them up high enough so your back doesnt work as hard. Nice!

My chicken house with 50 chickens Is right beside the garden. This is a good way to go to keep down on bugs. I have it setup where they can do there thing Around the garden. Of course another reason is the manure is right on hand to add to the garden. Always grow my animals next to the garden. One year I raised pigs IN the garden and planted veggies the next year and BAM, show was on! These are all pictures of last years garden. This years garden is bigger and still in the process of being planted. I added more fruit trees as well. Apricots, Peaches, Nectarines.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:15 AM #4
OrganicBuds
Banned

OrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud of
I forgot to mention my trees. I have a Myers Lemon, Lime, Orange, Plum and grafted and spliced avocado tree. Avocado trees needs to be pollinated by another avocado tree, so I have an avocado tree that has both varieties so it can pollinate itself. Kind of like cannabis with male and female plants. I just planted them last year, and I am just starting to get limes and lemons.

Edit: I have also wanted to build a chicken coop that I can put off to the side during the growing season. Then during the winter I would like to take the same coop and build it so it can attach to my raised beds. That way the chickens can poop and feed my plants for the next season. Then place the coop back off to the side.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:04 AM #5
Biosynthesis

19 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:09 AM #6
OrganicBuds
Banned

Beautiful animals and beautiful garden. I wish I had room for pumkins

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:20 AM #7
Biosynthesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicBuds View Post
I forgot to mention my trees. I have a Myers Lemon, Lime, Orange, Plum and grafted and spliced avocado tree. Avocado trees needs to be pollinated by another avocado tree, so I have an avocado tree that has both varieties so it can pollinate itself. Kind of like cannabis with male and female plants. I just planted them last year, and I am just starting to get limes and lemons.

Edit: I have also wanted to build a chicken coop that I can put off to the side during the growing season. Then during the winter I would like to take the same coop and build it so it can attach to my raised beds. That way the chickens can poop and feed my plants for the next season. Then place the coop back off to the side.
Ah I can only dream of Avocadoes and citrus trees. I lived in southern california for 12 years and the size of the citrus fruits are amazing!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:29 AM #8
Biosynthesis

CORN

Growing alot more corn this year. I canned 3 cases last summer and its almost gone. The Row on the Right is Peruvian Giant corn and it gets up to 18 feet. I grew it last year and kept seeds and they are doing fine acclimating. Its maize and you use it for grounding into meal. I give it to chickens and pigs. Next to it Ive got Kandy corn, Sugar Pearl and golden jubilee. Sugar pearl was best last year.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:23 AM #9
Biosynthesis

planting a few rows of corn every few weeks keeps you in corn throughout summer. Corn is a heavy nitrogen feeder and likes frequent watering to produce nicely. Also it doesnt compete well with others so periodic weeding is necessary. Lots of chicken manure and feather goes at this end. The county came through and cut trees down in my area and chipped them and gave me a dump truck of chips for the garden. Wheelbarrow loads will be coming in periodically through summer. The pile of chips sat for 3 months and it heated up pretty good for a while and has white mold and other goodies in it. A white strand like mold I suspect is some type of mushroom mycelium. This is all good stuff that goes in the garden to break down over time while adding life to the soil.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:03 AM #10
OrganicBuds
Banned

Must be organic then? Everything I grow is organic, even my lawn.

Edit: is your pig eating tomatoes? lol, I love animals. They always put a smile on my face

2 members found this post helpful.