What's new

Do You Get Burnt Out From Growing Weed?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
this question may be intended for the bigger growers who do this full time....do you get burnt out from growing weed or weed in general?
i sure do. from the moment i wake up i put in a hour or two before my workout. after my workout, my flower rooms have flipped and i need to work in the other one for a while.
my veg room is huge, daily maintenance is an hour or more, not including the 2 or 3 trays of clones i have to cut everyday. that kills my back.....
then, in the evening, my other spot turns on and needs work, luckily only every other day for an hour or so.

sometimes i dread going into my growrooms, i just get so burnt out on it. then ill start letting things slip and not keep up because i just dont want to be in there. for me, thats when i need a little vacation. cant do anything big and only for 2 days max, still really seems to refresh my batteries. can go another 6 months to a year without the burnt out feeling.

funny thing is i dont get burnt out on icmag, which i thought i would. i enjoy going on here helping people and bullshitting.

definitely beats the monotony of a 9 to 5 though....... :eggnog:

Yes, the exact same thing happens to me. It has caused me to allow problems to arise in the past. You are right about a break, even a short one really seems to help.

RicoT

Just gotta keep in mind it could always be worse I guess. You started the job you now have opposed to a "regular" job because you truly have a passion for it, at least I'd hope. Imagine having to actually report to work every day, and interacting with people you have nothing in common with, making less money, and STILL coming home to work on the garden of ganja....

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
i feel yeah man, somedays the thought of watering alone would make me cringe.
nowadaze im itching do do anything grow related.. funny how the tables have turned

D

draco

Just gotta keep in mind it could always be worse I guess. You started the job you now have opposed to a "regular" job because you truly have a passion for it, at least I'd hope. Imagine having to actually report to work every day, and interacting with people you have nothing in common with, making less money, and STILL coming home to work on the garden of ganja....

btdt... ug. even w/ a small garden it's a lot of work. life doesn't wait

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I work two full time jobs

One is the one most people see

Two is the one you guys see

do I get burnt out? sure, but you take vacation now and then. Probably once a year or two I shut everything down, including online weed activities, and just do nothing

I normally get that fire back within a month or so

H

HappyDog

I think what exasperates the feeling of burn-out is that no one will take care of things as meticulously as you would for any length of time. One good ef' up and months of work vanish and many more months of recovery begin.

We shut off every couple of years and leave only clones to be tended while we relax. Sometimes taking them to another grower so we can lock down the house period.

For me the burn-out is also accompanied with nerve fatigue from paranoia. But that's my own fault for living in a red state.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
krunch, i wish i had your problems but you know what they say......"the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." i suppose if you had someone you trust ( i know i dont) you could have them split the work but then you gotta split the cake which, for a guy like you thats used to getting it all it would probably feel not too good.

I'm back to getting started on an operation again, but last year I had two grow rooms going at the same time at two different locations. I had my lighting cycle on at 6:00 at night til 6:00 in the morning so that meant (between two places) that I had to:

make sure all lights turned on
make sure all pumps turned on
lift my lights if necessary in case the plant grew so it won't burn
check rez to see how much their drinking
etc...etc...etc.... and this was between two places by myself

So after I was at spot number 1, I would check everything within the hour and then drive over to spot number 2. I love the ladies but the work kicked my ass, especially when it came time to fill the rez. I don't just put a hose in their and fill it up, I actually take 5 gallon empty arrowhead water jugs and fill them up and pour them into my rez to make sure that I get EXACTLY the correct amount of nute ratio. It's more work, but I don't mess up.

Like one of the posts above, if there was two of me, I guess I wouldn't have a problem but no one can pay attention to detail like you can, and no one can do what you do. It sucks for vacations too if you have more than one grow house because even if you left for 2 days, you could have a friend watch over ONE spot, but they would not be able to watch over two spots and I always feel like something is going wrong when I'm not there. It is alot of work.

This really is a full-time job, and ontop of the work, it would be great if I wasn't so worried all the time about LEO, and I could just run my lights 12-12 in the daytime and act like it's a normal job. It sucks too when I have a good looking girl I want to take out but I have to act sketchy at night time because I'm taking care of my "other ladies" so I have to lie about why I can't go out at night and I can only go out in the day.

But hey, you know the golden rule - "Never tell a bitch on your business.................... cause one day she might be an eye-witness!" - E-40

h&r

I never get burnt out from growing per se but I do get burned out on the politics and all the hoops you have to jump through to grow. And I do get burned out on smoking and eating my own products. Ive been known to keep growing even at the point to the gas gets turned off, then the water, and Ive sold everything thats not nailed down or dedicated to the plants...theres no toilet paper left and Im sleeping on a piece of cardboard in the breakfast room. May Cannabis Be Grown Everywhere!!!!

supermanlives

Veteran
no. i get tired of strains. but every new strain is like the first in anticipation and hopes for that special mom. DAVESNOTHERE

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn and i get tired of watering my tiny ass little grow. i hate mixing PH, thats my least favorite part of growing. i hate dealing with rez so i went soil.

G

Greyskull

i feel your pain KB!
it gets to be like 'busy work' sometimes...

but if it was EASY everybody would be doing it.

keep your head up and dont forget to take care of yourself!

Hash Man

hell ya man this work can get old fast. I have not taken a vacation in a really long time and it starts to wear the best of us down. When i first started, i was working nonstop, drinking mochas and smoking blunts to stay awake and finish the job, only to make more work for myself when everything started to calm down... then the burn out started. i am no stranger to it, as i have worked the 80 hour a week day job in society, and when it came on in the grow room, it was a sad situation, cause i never had felt like that about weed, never thought of it as work, until i was doing it 80 hrs a week. Handling an indoor grow and an outdoor grow, basically by myself was no cakewalk and required working late into the night inside, and waking/or staying up early morning to get various foliar sprays/feedings applied. the moles and gophers did not help to say the least.

Thats when everything started to slip and mistakes were made. It was all doable tho and mentally more stress than anything else. I can say it did affect the quality of my final product in a few ways ad i learned a lot about how to streamline the process so i can do it again more efficiently. Handling more than 2 ops, i would probably not know what to do with myself. would be monotonous to say the least.

When i did not have the option of worrying about how i felt (when i had a day job) i would just fake a smile and get through it, which i think is sometimes the best to do presently. i have a card on the wall that serves as a reminder to me... it pictures a grumpy old dog sitting there with a sad face and says. just get over it already, and have a good day... for some reason it always makes me laugh and thats just the push i need most of the time.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's gets repetitive sometimes, what doesn't though?

humans like having a "problem" or "complaining" more then we think, keep that in mind..

I honestly must say I never get burnt out. no matter how big or little the project is I take on. for me its the opposite. It's an addiction. From the time my eyes open in the morning. I'm thinking about this wonderful plant. till i fall asleep and dream about it. My Grandfather told me when i was 16 years old. He said. " Bueno, Find a job you like and you'll never work another day in your life." Well here I am. My lifes work.
Maybe its O.C.D. If it is, plz dont doctor me I enjoy the obession.

Latest posts

Latest posts