What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heavy Yielders!

zenoonez

Veteran
here's some bc big bud (I believe) grown by krusty doing his bucket thing

bc_big_bud.jpg

If I didn't know better I would swear that was some photoshopped shitz. Who is this Krusty and how big of a bribe would it take to get a cut of that beauty? JESUS!

First bud of the season

First bud of the season

This is from my first harvest of this season. The plant turned out better then I had expected because it was a runt. The strain is Huckleberry. It's very nice, sweet smoke.
Huckleberry-1.jpg

These are most of the bigger top buds. The one on the left is the one next to the Coke can.
hanginghuckleberrys013.jpg

These are the three buds on the right.
hanginghuckleberrys014.jpg

Kushy

Some of my bubblegum plant from my 3rd grow. All organics grown under a 1000w hps. Averaged about 3 oz per plant grown around 4 feet high. Nothing super but put on some huge buds.

picture.php

picture.php

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
here's some bc big bud (I believe) grown by krusty doing his bucket thing

holy mother of god! i got to get to bc!

If I didn't know better I would swear that was some photoshopped shitz. Who is this Krusty and how big of a bribe would it take to get a cut of that beauty? JESUS!

I believe Krusty was growing (he's retired now) the Salmon Creek Big Bud, not the BC BB. At least that's what he said recently as he reappeared at another web site.

Krusty was a pioneer in indoor commercial growing, perfecting his own feeding system with the Krusty Freedom Bucket (an original NFT design) and also setting his growroom with vertical lights only. Krusty has a pretty big mouth and never refrained from telling lesser skilled growers how their grows sucked, he got kicked out of most forums he participated in. But, his grows rocks, as you can see. It made him a legend.

Since the vertical light hits the plants from aside, the buds tend to grow sideways rather than upwards (phototropism), which gives colas and buds a fat, massive look. But there's lots of fluff in those buds, I know, I used to grow with a similar system. Now I use both vertical and horizontal lighting, which IMO gives better weight and looks to the buds, or what do you say?

picture.php

B

bonecarver_OG

ah darn i gotto K+ you later rosy :D

that shot is so funny

great nugs rosy! :D

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
really nice pics all around. i got some decent yeilding ch9s right now... but just started some white berry. she should b a heavy yeilder... ill post the pics in due time.

zenoonez

Veteran
I believe Krusty was growing (he's retired now) the Salmon Creek Big Bud, not the BC BB. At least that's what he said recently as he reappeared at another web site.

Krusty was a pioneer in indoor commercial growing, perfecting his own feeding system with the Krusty Freedom Bucket (an original NFT design) and also setting his growroom with vertical lights only. Krusty has a pretty big mouth and never refrained from telling lesser skilled growers how their grows sucked, he got kicked out of most forums he participated in. But, his grows rocks, as you can see. It made him a legend.

Since the vertical light hits the plants from aside, the buds tend to grow sideways rather than upwards (phototropism), which gives colas and buds a fat, massive look. But there's lots of fluff in those buds, I know, I used to grow with a similar system. Now I use both vertical and horizontal lighting, which IMO gives better weight and looks to the buds, or what do you say?

picture.php

Rosey I rarely find myself being a fanboy of anyone but that is amazing. We should start a ICMAG university where those of us who want to learn can move and learn the tricks that make buds like that. Lol. Want to teach? I am sure you could get at least an adjunct position lol. So is this salmon creek big bud a clone only or are there seeds to be had? Oh and I guess the better question is, is it worth growing? Lol. With all the talk that goes around about commercial strains I have never heard of salmon creek bb although I didn't hear great things about bb in general. Oh and certainly not the least important observation, if he is such a jerk maybe it is best he isn't around, those people are never pleasant to have around when people are actually trying to learn things.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
hehe rosy showing of his undies again hehehe

rofl :D

Lol, yeah black tights is my specialty. I never get tired of showing those undies. And tell your wife to stop eyeballing my pubes, eh? :D

Thanks for the compliments zenoonez,

It's funny, in real life I do teach at the University, although not Cannabis growing.

Salmon Creek BB is a clone only as far as I know, I've never grown it.

I did grow Sensi Seed's BB once many many years ago, and wasn't too impressed, except for the yield.

It's not that it's bad, it's just that there's better out there, that also yields handsomely.

What you're looking at is an Island Sweet Skunk from Federation Seeds.

I never said Krusty was a jerk, he's a smart guy that goes his own way, and that's worth something. He just didn't know how to spell the word h-u-m-i-l-i-t-y, and most threads he participated in ended up in the shark tank. Mods didn't want all the drama and I understand them. It was supposed to be about Cannabis cultivation, after all, not about who has the biggest ego.

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe my wife is for some reason scratching her eyeballs out and screaming something about bleach :D hehehe

heres my contribution to this thread :D

but damn - everything looks lame now after that BUDmonster

zenoonez

Veteran
Lol, yeah black tights is my specialty. I never get tired of showing those undies. And tell your wife to stop eyeballing my pubes, eh? :D

Thanks for the compliments zenoonez,

It's funny, in real life I do teach at the University, although not Cannabis growing.

Salmon Creek BB is a clone only as far as I know, I've never grown it.

I did grow Sensi Seed's BB once many many years ago, and wasn't too impressed, except for the yield.

It's not that it's bad, it's just that there's better out there, that also yields handsomely.

What you're looking at is an Island Sweet Skunk from Federation Seeds.

I never said Krusty was a jerk, he's a smart guy that goes his own way, and that's worth something. He just didn't know how to spell the word h-u-m-i-l-i-t-y, and most threads he participated in ended up in the shark tank. Mods didn't want all the drama and I understand them. It was supposed to be about Cannabis cultivation, after all, not about who has the biggest ego.

How ironic that I say something about you being a professor and you actually are... thats crazy. I have heard very good things about ISS as well as Grape Romulan. I would think that any big yielding strain would serve as nice genetics for a more potent cross you would just need to match up they type of high provided and perhaps match some tastes/aromas. I would imagine that anything crossed with c99 would be wonderful and blueberry always seems like a good thing to cross with just because of the uniqueness of the tastes and aromas. As far as Krusty is concerned, I can see that. I come off as over the top too sometimes but I always try to remember that whatever it is you are doing, there is almost always someone better at it than you.

G

Green Supreme

Breeder Steve's Sweet Skunk cut. First is a 6 oz planty then a top off a 5 oz.'er . Biggup Steve. Peace GS

Attachments

• 000_0001 (Large) (2).jpg
    000_0001 (Large) (2).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 14
  • carbon05
    carbon05
    70 KB · Views: 30

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Well, in a SCROG you train the plant into budding on several smaller branches instead of one meristem, so it's normal that they're not going to be as big and fat as a single cola. Your SCROG plant will probably land you a higher overall yield though,

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I think the Hawaiian Skunk seems to yield a lot of heavy buds.:abduct:
I call her crown of thorns. and I am glad I had that screen to put around her a few months back.
cuz her buds would be falling all over the place and braking some branches if i didn't have something to tie her to.=)
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts