What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV SP 250 test/grow

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I basically using just Tiger Bloom, Beastie Blooms and a few other things. But they haven't been burned, I could probably up it a little, but it seems to be doing ok, I have to prune them often. Open Seasame will give you plenty bud sites and leaves, The whole Fox Farm Trio along with OS, BB is a great start to a feeding program for any new guys out there. I've not used Cha Ching yet, so I can't say yes or no on it.

Rodehazrd

Those girls are getting chunky.
I use an old. MarsPro in veg now .
My attempts at flowering with it were poor but I get nice starts.
I need something else in there for flower I lost most of a whole run due to heat stress last month. I got in a portable AC but the 99degree heat stunted several phenos of a seed run.
I'll be interested to see how you rate your finish

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well the SP 250 is a fairly cool running light. Yes I like a fan blowing toward the ballast just to get it cooler. The plants are doing good, I'll probably keep rotating Tiger Bloom and Beastie Blooms as also with floriliciuas and a few other supplements. It's definitely hands down probably the best light I've used in Veg, I really like it just waiting to see how she stacks up!!!@

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok I'm gonna give you a few pics of the outdoor Grapology that was under the SP 250 until I put her outside. This things at least 7ft , the outdoor Bellini was well over 5ft when I accidentally broke it. So there's been basically NO stretch......very minimal is how I'm gonna explain the first 30days 12/12 on the plants stretching. I don't think I've ever seen plants not stretch anymore, rarely I've had a indica. But look how tall the outdoor Grapology has got. I never topped them just left untouched

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It's kinda hard to get pics everything is in a tight area, I thought i got more of the bottom, ah it's a tall plant that's at least already twice taller than the indoor one. The indoor plants are starting to get thicker, I've removed and removed leaves from both plants. I'm gonna probably give the indoor plants another hit of Beastie Blooms tonite or tomorrow. Just growing right along, hopefully they can get pretty big. The mold/mildew is gonna be what I've gotta watch.

Just some info on the plants

Grapology, it's got a crazy grape cool aid type smell. I've never been one that loves purple strains but this is a nice branchy 70/30 65/35 sativa at the very least if not more.

Bellini Its got a complex kinda leathery smell. It's not stretched a inch the first 30 days flowering under this light. I'm not really to sure because the outdoor Bellini had a lot of sativa traits. This indoor plants at least 50/50 sat indica,

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I can definitely a test this is a super bright light. Were getting up in the 35 days around about into flowering.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I'm gonna have to try and get a dehumidifier, but I think they'll fill out ok. I made the biggest blunder of my life. We got a faulty home light, half the time it works and the other it doesnt....i must have left the switch on. But I pray a light leak didn't screw things up. Man I can't believe I did that...lol man. Kinda see how they finish the last 45days or so under this Led.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well just hope that light didn't leak, I don't think It would've got in there.

But basically in flowering I bumped up the Beastie Bloom, also use Tiger Bloom, maxicrop soulable and Floriliciuas. I usually start backing off the silica blast in later flowering but I ran out last week.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Some updated pics, wish I'd cloned this Bellini....it hasn't stretched hardly any and would be a great plant for low ceilings or a step-up/shelf type area.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
You can easily adjust the light lower on one end if needed like I've got that. I need to put another create under the Bellini, I'm keeping them pretty close, I also have a box fan you may not see blowing in on the light and top of plants

Both plants seem to be doing fine after bumping up the nutes

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm just trying to do the best I can for the great folks at Mars-Hydro, I really appreciate them. And also honest feedback for the icmag members possibly wanting to get some Leds.

So far I'm happy with the performance of the SP 250. I still can't get over how bright this light is.

Latest posts

Latest posts