You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > Best Culinary Peppers Thread

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Best Culinary Peppers Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2016, 02:42 AM #1
LostTribe

LostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud of
Best Culinary Peppers Thread

Ok I am an aficionado of hot peppers and have recently been growing several varieties.

scotch bonnets
bannana sport peppers
jalepenos

now I have acquired some south american varieties as well mainly the aji hot orange pepper from the andes as well as one red one that is very very hot!

Also growing herbs, potatoes, tom's, cuc's and others!

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121
LostTribe is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2016, 12:39 PM #2
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of light
I buy a lot of my seeds on seedsavers.com... they are mostly heirlooms ... nice variety..
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:42 PM #3
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
aji's are great for salads and sauces. jalapenos ofc!!
and then some habanneros cause they are hot enaugh and have a good yeld. nice taste too.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2016, 03:39 PM #4
LostTribe

LostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud of
I make tons of aji sauce even add it to alfredo sauce its great with everything!

Old 03-21-2016, 03:44 PM #5
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachrockbadenof View Post
I buy a lot of my seeds on seedsavers.com... they are mostly heirlooms ... nice variety..
Like that company!!
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 11 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2016, 04:17 PM #6
PrimalHaze

PrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to all
Scotch bonnets are a favorite. I prefer serranos to jalapeños though, better flavor. Baccatums like the Peruvians have super flavor too. Have you grown any Chiltepins?
PrimalHaze is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:30 PM #7
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
I used to grow Yellow Aji (C. baccatum). Wonderful pepper. One of my favorites from SA is Rocoto (C. pubescens). Tough to grow where I’m at and not the most prolific producers, I began hand pollinating the flowers to get better fruit set but well worth it. They’re very hot and meaty and have the most unique flavor. And they dry and keep relatively well and then can be used as a spice (damn I’m almost out).

I had Tepins for years, overwintered well. Talk about prolific…I had so many of those little f*ckers I didn’t know what to do with them. They pack a punch too.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 05-24-2016, 12:27 AM #8
MuricanWeedwolf

MuricanWeedwolf is on a distinguished road
'Fish' peppers are great, similar to a serrano but the peppers and entire plant is variegated.

'Aji Dulce' is another favorite, it looks like a habanero, has all the fruity smoky flavor of a habanero, but all the heat is on the seeds, and even that is fairly mild (compared with a habanero)

''Super Shepard' is a productive large Italian style sweet pepper and a favorite of mine.
MuricanWeedwolf is offline Quote

Old 06-04-2016, 02:18 AM #9
LostTribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterhaff View Post
I used to grow Yellow Aji (C. baccatum). Wonderful pepper. One of my favorites from SA is Rocoto (C. pubescens). Tough to grow where I’m at and not the most prolific producers, I began hand pollinating the flowers to get better fruit set but well worth it. They’re very hot and meaty and have the most unique flavor. And they dry and keep relatively well and then can be used as a spice (damn I’m almost out).

I had Tepins for years, overwintered well. Talk about prolific…I had so many of those little f*ckers I didn’t know what to do with them. They pack a punch too.
I hand pollinate nearly everything these days with the lack of bees due to monsanto killing them off.

My aji and toms are ready to go in the ground and are much much bigger than previous years in both number and size, they HUGE!

Old 06-05-2016, 01:32 AM #10
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
This year, besides regular green bells, I''m doing poblano's and Italian frying peppers. Nothing crazy hot. I might add some cajun belles if I can find them. They are sweet with just a little zing.
Green Squall is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.