What's new

Thseeds M.O.B and Seedsman Blueberry

123gt

I was just dissented some of the M.O.B seed I got was junk and never sprouted. The seed that didn't sprout looked questionable when I took them out of the pack.

G

ganjygav

I never expect to get 5 plants from 5 seeds. It's pleasing when it does happen though. Like I say one of mine is tiny and it's not even stretching yet . I shouldn't think it's gonna give me much back .
It's not good though if you had been sold a pack of seeds and any of them didn't look right. They should have quality control. I would have emailed them but I'm not sure how good thseeds are with stuff like that. Some breeders will send you a replacement seed some will say they can't talk about germination.

MurdaMishou

I agree The Clone only MOB has huge fan leaves just like that. So you're headed in the right direction guys. Just picked up a fresh zip of MOB last night. I'll throw up some nug shots when i get off work.

MurdaMishou

A few buds of the Maine Clone MOB.

Attachments

• 20170325_064338.jpg
    20170325_064338.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 21
G

ganjygav

Day 15

Day 15

Everything is going well.... too well. Haha
Nah I'm just used to things going a bit strange about now.
Anyone who has looked in on my previous grows on ic in the last 2 years would have see me getting spots on my plants.

I tried everything but everything only made it worse or at least made no difference at all.
I reckon I've got it sussed now and I shouldn't see anymore spots.

Anyway. I'm feeding them all full strength biobizz for passed week and they love it.
One of the blueberries is crazy. I've super cropped it like 3 times but it just pops straight back up.
Will give them a dose of Epsom salts this week.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

123gt

My plants are starting to get to big for the space their in. My MOB grew outward a lot before they started getting taller. MOB seems like a good strain to grow if you have limited height indoors.

Attachments

• 20170329_172836.jpg
    20170329_172836.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 8
G

ganjygav

My plants are starting to get to big for the space their in. My MOB grew outward a lot before they started getting taller. MOB seems like a good strain to grow if you have limited height indoors.

Yeah definitely. 4 of the mobs are shorter and I have one that's tall and topped. I have removed bottom branch and what's left on the shorter mobs make it look good for a sog of short plants.
I'm gonna have height issues with my blueberries I think

G

ganjygav

Day 26

Day 26

Everything is still going smoothly. I'm through the period I normally start getting problems with my grows.
All I got to say is soil growers stop using ph adjusting acids and watering until run off isn't great either.
My plants are proof,nothing but problems for past 2 years. I dropped ph pen and water less but more often and I don't have any spots or dying leaves. No lockouts,just lovely green plants with shiny leaves.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Then there was 5..... or maybe none?

Then there was 5..... or maybe none?

I slipped.
I got all subdued by the shiny leaves and the absence of the demon spots this grow.
I did say a couple of weeks back everything was going to well haha.

Anyway I didn't notice the big dangley pollen sacks. On 3 of the M.O.Bs. all 3 of shortest plants including runty.
They had spewed as well because all 3 of them plants had seeds in development on quite a few flowers.

Worst bit is I don't know if they got the 5 remaining in the tent. I sat checking for a while until I was happyish.
I will give it a week and watch.
I have got some photos I will upload in the morning on another device.

What a cock up ay? But I ain't even mad.
1st time I've had pollen chucked by hermies.... so i guess I had it coming lol.

G

ganjygav

Bummer :/

Totally lol

Anyway pictures. Lots of seeds growing on lower buds of all 3 hermies. I'm hoping they didn't get the rest but oh well if they do I'm gonna get some clones straight in never to touch seeds again.
picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Well that's this grow done and binned. All plants had seeds beginning to grow.
Now I've gotta go out and find some clones

Blazeee

Veteran
Why did you bin the crop for?

Dont let the hermies put you off growing seeds, have you checked your tent for any light leaks? Next time try to do some more research on the genetics that your buying and dont always go for the cheapest fem seeds available. Just because seedsman say its blueberry doesnt mean its blueberry etc.

How badly seeded was the crop, just on the lowers or were the tops hit too? you can tell if the pollen hit them as the pistils will change to red way earlier than they should.

Do you know that you could have let them finish then turned the crop in to bubble hash or rosin/BHO? Or even edibles.

Seems like a waste to have binned them especially as you were nearly half way through and everything was going so well this time round.

If you do go out and get some clones, make sure to check them for pests this time, dunk them as soon as you receive them etc just to be safe.

G

ganjygav

Why did you bin the crop for?

Dont let the hermies put you off growing seeds, have you checked your tent for any light leaks? Next time try to do some more research on the genetics that your buying and dont always go for the cheapest fem seeds available. Just because seedsman say its blueberry doesnt mean its blueberry etc.

How badly seeded was the crop, just on the lowers or were the tops hit too? you can tell if the pollen hit them as the pistils will change to red way earlier than they should.

Do you know that you could have let them finish then turned the crop in to bubble hash or rosin/BHO? Or even edibles.

Seems like a waste to have binned them especially as you were nearly half way through and everything was going so well this time round.

If you do go out and get some clones, make sure to check them for pests this time, dunk them as soon as you receive them etc just to be safe.

I can't be doing with the extracts and that . I was just annoyed it happened. The room the tent is in is pitch black. Blackout blinds + black out curtains and none of my equipment has any l.e.ds. so positive it's not light leaks.

Like I say I just got too relaxed. I've had Hermes before and I catch them and chop before any damage happens. I just wasn't paying as much attention because my plants looked real healthy.

Yeah I could see quite a few already quite big seeds and a lot of red shriveled pistils all over.

I've started scoping for clones but it's gonna be a wait and oh yes I will nuke them before I even put them into tent this time lol

Oh it wasn't the seedsman seeds that grew balls it was the thseeds mob.
It was probably something I did to stress them but I'm not sure what yet because like I say they looked healthy with no signs of stress.

123gt

Hi thanks for the update. Sad to hear you ended up with hermies from your thseeds mob. I will Keep a close eye on mine to see if they also hermie. I have heard of some fem strains having issues with hermies. Don't know if its strain specific or breeders producing bad fem seeds. If your mob pollinated your blueberry you could have ended up with an interesting cross. I have been thinking about making clones of the MOB and crossing it with blueberry snow to try and get the faster finishing time of MOB. Here is a pic of blueberry snow grown outdoors.

Attachments

• blueberry snow.jpg
    blueberry snow.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 15
G

ganjygav

Hi thanks for the update. Sad to hear you ended up with hermies from your thseeds mob. I will Keep a close eye on mine to see if they also hermie. I have heard of some fem strains having issues with hermies. Don't know if its strain specific or breeders producing bad fem seeds. If your mob pollinated your blueberry you could have ended up with an interesting cross. I have been thinking about making clones of the MOB and crossing it with blueberry snow to try and get the faster finishing time of MOB. Here is a pic of blueberry snow grown outdoors.

That blueberry look awesome. Ya it was a shame but these things happen.
One of them that had hermied smelled like juicy fruit gum. That kind of gutted me it was a tasty smell. The others had a sweet smell as well. I hope these come through in your plants. I wouldn't sweat what happened to me. Like I say I'm probably at fault but yeah be vigilant just incase. Only 3 had hermied and if I had noticed them a week or so before I wouldn't have had this outcome.
Yeah I just wanted them out of the way so I could move something else in.
Good luck with yours dude, I wish you better success. have you got a diary or a Album? I will keep an eye on how ya get on because this is gonna be some tasty weed for you.

Latest posts

Latest posts