What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran

Your front porch has several pairs of different boots for different jobs, all lined up in a row.

And you are well aware to shake out the pair you're getting ready put on...
Spiders and ticks and all kinds of other critters like to crawl into them overnight...
Including black widows :tiphat:

St. Phatty

I don't mind ticks if they're crawling on a tarp.

Even better if you can feed it to a bird.

My fear is a tick attached to my Johnson.

But as far as living in the country, I got my first M-Lok Bipod.

I did take the Lord's Name in Vain while installing it.

But I got one side on, I think, and if it shoots good, it's only twice as expensive as a normal pivot bipod.

The ticks - I think you're just as vulnerable when living in suburbia.

My tick record was set during a guerilla grow in San Diego - 6 ticks removed by the clinic. I chose to walk through a big pile of rotten wood instead of going around it, and it was a City of Ticks.

kaochiu

Veteran
Ticks. A little one nearly killed me once. I should be scare shitless of them, but I've got to live with them. I go to check the cattle and they're fine, cos they're regularly treated against parasites, but I'm not, and when I return i've got to light up a joint to patiently check for ticks.
Seldom they have time to choose a place to bite. If they do, pulling them off has several options, but never pull them out by force. Twist them carefully 360º, they'll release the hooks, otherwise the head is left inside and gets infected. Applying heat with the spliff also makes them shrink and release the hooks. A drop of alcohol too.
Ticks are fine when they're healthy themselves, the problem is they get infected with a little bacteria called rickettsia, as tiny as a virus, prolly the smallest bacteria ever, and the treatment must be with an specific antibiotic like tetracycline or doxycicline. That rickettsia is the real guilty. The tick is a bastard too, but it just wants a drop of blood, and if unmolested, they get their fill and go away.
Rubber boots, you can find anything there, not just mice. Like a nice slug, or the tiny lizard unable to come out, the dung beetle or the fat spider, bless the inventor of socks, the last frontier.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I put a couple hundred plants out already. I have rain pants, rubber boots and a good tick spray to keep them off. Works great so far.

The wife won't let me come into the house unless I strip in the garage and do a thorough check. If she sees one on me in the house, she'll kill me, not the ticks.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

Your front porch has several pairs of different boots for different jobs, all lined up in a row.

And you are well aware to shake out the pair you're getting ready put on...
Spiders and ticks and all kinds of other critters like to crawl into them overnight...
Including black widows :tiphat:

you forgot snakes, earwigs & scorpions. we don't have the dangerous varieties of scorpions here in most of the US, but the small brown scorpions can be found as far north as Indiana according to one map i saw. damn things are all over 'bama...

St. Phatty

I tried to manage my ticks today. Actually felt one crawling on me during a controlled burn.

Inspected all my clothes & changed clothes afterwards.

Is there a God (or Goddess ~ or Angel) of Ticks that looks after the Ticks ?

Actually I think God was sort of looking after the ticks when they designed them.

You can run over one with a truck and it just thanks you for the massage. :dance013:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
8rIcN9l.jpg

kaochiu

Veteran
This is a recurrent fear of mine. There are too many wild boars at my doorstep. Walking around the oak forest i've had too many close encounters, but so far they run away... not run, walking fast is more accurate. They don't run away, they just avoid me. Now we're in birth season, females are the danger.
There was this group, like fifteen or twenty together, coming at night to eat fruit in the orchard, barely 20 metres from my door, so I approached as swift as poss with my motorbike off. As i placed near them, I suddenly started the motor and the light flashed. They all run like mad. Next night i repeated, but this time some of them stood their ground, so I went back indoors with speeding nonchalance. I'm sure they'd go for the bike. The small dogs were barking crazy but boars were totally deaf to them. Big dogs were jumping against the fence and they ignored them too.
Not just here in the country, elsewhere they're a plague now, they go to the city centre of the main town, they are in city parks and gardens and the councils are giving special hunting licenses. What makes it worse is that after that George Clooney mini-pig fashion many idiots went on to buy them, with the ado of some scammers selling normal pigs as dwarf pigs. As soon as they were bigger than the cat, they were abandoned in the forests, and they bred with boars, giving a new species of voracious hybrids of vietnam pig x wild boar.

kaochiu

Veteran
That boar hunting style is modelled like Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now, only with Phil Collins instead of Wagner.

St. Phatty

For those that are interested in 450 Bushmaster, Bear Creek Arsenal has come out with their version of 450 BM.

I have been very impressed with the quality of their other uppers. They come on like the low price vendor. So far their quality is comparable (or better) to the other uppers I have.

Thought some of the Country members might like to hear about it.

450 Bushmaster is about 2x a 357 Magnum. It's basically a handgun bullet that is so powerful you really do need to use 2 hands.

Please use safety glasses if you shoot 450 BM. :tiphat:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know you live in the country if.......

You know you live in the country if.......

you can get outta that shit by yourself.

AwOFXRM.gif

redlaser

Veteran

you can get outta that shit by yourself.

View Image

Pretty good idea to get through a rough spot, a bit of potential for flipping though.

I remember back in eighth grade a senior from our high school was doing or at least trying to do doughnuts with an older tractor on a concrete bridge that went over a small creek.
When they found him, the steering wheel was pinning his neck to the bottom of the creek

Latest posts

Latest posts