What's new

Competition GROW CONTEST WINNER: Noreason gardens

jonnyfli

WeddingCake x Triangle Kush

Coco grown, used canna coco A+B, couple of pinch of mineral magic and very little acid. Water used was 80% RO and 20% tap.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Secret Mint...end of flowering...same water and nutes.

View Image

Btw...please ask before use my pics as I don't give a fuck generally but please don't use them to describe other strains that have nothing to do with the pics...you fuckers! Thanks.

:bow: secret mint :woohoo: indeed

ill85

Che bella roba Nore!
mi fa un sacco piacere rileggerti, ho ancora dei tuoi fagioli di Chem2 in frigo che custodisco gelosamente...fu un regalo dello zio Antani anni fa, bei tempi!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After few months here we go again with a new entry, Sorbet a l'orange by Aficionado (Sangria x {Cherry Noir #18 x Sorbetto})

What to say...I still didn't smoke as they're still living so I can't really say nothing about terps quality, nonetheless they're promising...and I mean all phenos are promising.

I can feel a work behind this cross...seeds are expensive for sure but at this moment I can't say they don't worth the money.

All the phenos have one and only one strong note shared by all of them, it's as the name say: orange/tangie terp.

Obviously each one has something different from the other, but if you guys want to know what you can expect out of these seeds about terps...now you know.

On the growing side for sure it's not the strongest or most yielding strain but it's not a weak one. Let's say it's a medium yielder with average flowering time of 65 - 70 days.

Out of 7 females I found many phenos, there is no stability in this strain, however I don't think this is a minus side and at least in my case...it's just fun! On the terps side...I would say yes there is indeed stability, you'll not find very different flavours than orange/tangie.

Let's start with pics: pheno #9 - 61 days 12/12

Purple from the begininning of flowering stage with high temps, so its purple its not recessive. Not much stretching overall and not giant colas. Purple phenos are the fastest flowering ones, will not go over 70 days. Resin is there, maybe not so frosty but still a decent amount and smell is strong, persistent, just moving the plant is enough to feel it. Main aroma as said is tangie/orange...honestly remember me more of those sort of aromas added in meds than a freshy orange. Smells good, I def. like it!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorbet a l'orange by Aficionado (Sangria x {Cherry Noir #18 x Sorbetto})

pheno #9 - 61 days 12/12

Just for you to know these plants were grown in coco&perlite added of Bionova cacao pellets with bacterias.

Canna coco fertilizer along with some alg-a-mic, zymes, sugars, and added liquid bacterias.
Flushed with R.O. and watered with only R.O. from the flush till the end.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pheno #1 - 61 days 12/12

Little purple on this pheno, resin coverage is ok, smell is a sweety chemical orange one, strong and persistent. You may see some seeds around as I used a sorbet male to pollinate few branches to have some F2s and few grains went around.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pheno #1 - 61 days 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pheno #3 - 61 days 12/12

Last phenotype for this upadate, those three will be the firsts to be chopped in few days. Pheno #3 is maybe the one I like most out of this three for the flower shape. Resin looks good too.

Smell is somewhat I would define like smoked orange, strong and persistent like other two. I'm definitely courios to smoke it and my finger crossed to find it's not only smell but it will keep aroma when smoked. Most of the times flowers smell good but when smoked after a couple of hits most of the aroma is gone...sometimes it stays till the end, and that's what I always search for, it's maybe the most important factor I search as smoker.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pheno #3 - 61 days 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pheno #3 - 61 days 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Hola Ombre

nice Job & nice new seeds selection.

looking forward to trying out one day of your new keepers ;)

handyandy

Full experience from smoking

Full experience from smoking

pheno #3 - 61 days 12/12

Last phenotype for this upadate, those three will be the firsts to be chopped in few days. Pheno #3 is maybe the one I like most out of this three for the flower shape. Resin looks good too.

Smell is somewhat I would define like smoked orange, strong and persistent like other two. I'm definitely courios to smoke it and my finger crossed to find it's not only smell but it will keep aroma when smoked. Most of the times flowers smell good but when smoked after a couple of hits most of the aroma is gone...sometimes it stays till the end, and that's what I always search for, it's maybe the most important factor I search as smoker.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

I have noticed with more fragrant phenotypes the size of my joints plays a huge roll in how the flavors flow out of the joint and how it resonates. If the joint is too large in girth, too fat, the joint smokes different. Too fat makes the joint taste spicy some times where smaller makes the flavors more obvious and pronounced. The berry flavors in my candy kush come out to play with normal sized to small sized joints where big fattys get too spicy half way through.

Have you noticed the size and shape of your joint can affect the way the flavors are developed during the burn?

Seems to me like the joints i roll about 1/4" thick and no thicker, burn and taste the best and get smoked most of the way to the end.
:joint:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have noticed with more fragrant phenotypes the size of my joints plays a huge roll in how the flavors flow out of the joint and how it resonates. If the joint is too large in girth, too fat, the joint smokes different. Too fat makes the joint taste spicy some times where smaller makes the flavors more obvious and pronounced. The berry flavors in my candy kush come out to play with normal sized to small sized joints where big fattys get too spicy half way through.

Have you noticed the size and shape of your joint can affect the way the flavors are developed during the burn?

Seems to me like the joints i roll about 1/4" thick and no thicker, burn and taste the best and get smoked most of the way to the end.
:joint:

You could be probably right, it also depends on weed as you said. Going a little around the world I tried few different types of joints and especially when talking about hashish there is a lot of difference depending on how it's made, taste is different. The same also for chillum. So it's not strange if for weed it works pretty the same.

Over than that, I think when a flower is properly dried, ''cured'' and it was well grown, of a selected phenotype, you can smoke, vape, extract&dab in any shape or size and you will be happy everytime. It's only a matter of personal preference at that point I guess.

When some pics worth more than a thousand words...

Thanks buddy! :wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Sorbet a l'orange by Aficionado (Sangria x {Cherry Noir #18 x Sorbetto})
pheno #11 - 70+ days 12/12

Not bad looking plant, sativa leaf, vigorous, good yielding and a sweet tangie smell along some pineapple. It needed around 75 days to ripe. Flowers as you can see by yourself are not so frosty as many other fire strains, but still...there is enough to call it a decent amount. A bit leafy to trim.

Edit: btw this plant with a single pollinated branch (lower one) gave me out 490 viable and nice looking seeds! Only one branch and medium size seeds, they're not too tiny.

I tried first three or four Sorbet phenotypes and didn't find anything really special. There is some taste, but it's not so strong as the smell and there is almost no aftertaste.

I will give a more complete opinion on this strain once I tried all the phenos.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pheno #4 - 70+ days 12/12

Here we go again with the next pheno, it also took more of 70 days from the switch for a good ripe. Sweet orange mixed to some strawberry maybe? Definitely mouthwatering smell. Took 4 clones of this to run a small hydro setup in the next future.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PelmoDawg #5 - 70+ days 12/12

Don't remember exactly what this cross is but I smoked it and I liked it. Aroma is strong enough to make it worth to be kept.

Smell and taste remember me of some sort of an old aftershave, it's not sweet but it has something floreal. I would not say grapefruit but it has something of it.

Unfortunately it's not a good yielder at all, not so vigorous but resin coverage, bag appeal and overall stability are not bad at all. I will sprout few more of these seeds in the future most probably.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php