What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which Danish strains are the most successful in your country?

Sibbeli

Hi neighbours!

I´ve seen that you guys have got some success growing Danish strains far up in the Lat´s, and I´m wondering which of all the Danish bred strains that are the most successful and reliable for you guys?

Is Royal Dane and Danish Passion f.ex able to finish for you, or are the only reliable ones the really early ones like Thyphoon and Nepal? I know one of you made the Royal Nepal, so RD should be able to finish for you, or?

Have any of you tried HFH strains, and if so, which of them?

Thanks in advance, just trying to gather some info on what works higher Lat´s than mine.at

Tuco Ramirez

I've grown RD at lat 63 & 60 N and it finishes all right. A dry and sunny spot wouldn't hurt though. :)

I think making viable seeds with a certain strain is a lot easier than to get it to finish properly (if it's a bit too late for you ofc). Seed making is easy. A good, ripe and potent bud needs more effort.

Sibbeli

Yeah, I think so too. We have been communicating on another site, TR, you might guess who I am there..

As I will be growing for seed mostly, and for bud on the early ones only I don´t think i will have any trouble getting them to finish.

Are RD th eonly one grown up there, Danish Passion haven´t been tried, or? I know Leb27 won´t finish as someone tried up at your lat´s, I might have trouble getting it to finish too.. But, the place I´m growing at is really near the ocean so I think i have a longer season there, frost free, but instead higher humidity.. Got almost no rain for the whole June-July period, 3 or 4 downfalls was it.

But, I am testing HFH gear for mould resistance and hardiness so, it is a good place for that :)

Tuco Ramirez

Yeah I know who you are mr. Sibbeli ;)

Few peeps have grown Danish Passion up here and I've seen some pretty impessive results from those grows. I haven't got any personal experience of that strain though so I can't tell you any more. I think Farmer John knows a thing or two... And then there's always BT & SP :)

Out here mold is the number one enemy, not cold weather or lack of sunlight. I've had many strains surviving -5 degrees below zero many nights and still producing very good end result. Of course plants don't develop or fatten up at those temperatures anymore, but the point is mold is the thing you got to keep an eye for.

S

semilantacasa

I have grown few different danish genes.

Danish passion, good pregrowing and went outside end of may. Then in june comes frosty night which allmost killed plant, i losted my hope with this individual and lefted it surviving. Next time i went to see her it was end of july and i have been impressed. The plant has starded flowering and was 1,5m high. Many many top growns because frosty supercrop. Half way in september was must chop down because of mold. The plant was really high damaged and the mold losses was quite low notwithstanding. The bud what i saved, about two ounces, was good looking average potent nice unfinished bud. 2-4weeks longer summer and no frosty nights (better summer on the whole) and i think this will be greatful to grow. The smell was unbelivable and seductive.

Royal dane, not so good pregrown but plants what i growed was very big and produced good yielding, went outside half of may and cutted off end of september. Few weeks more and buds would have been ready and prima. Mold losses were quite high, place wasnt perfect. Better conditions, longer summer and bit of luck and this will be succesful to grown. Good looking good producer and ok potent. I hope someday that i will get well matured RD.
Oldfarmer Nepal, well pregrowed good summer and good conditions i have succesfull grown and have full matured nice sativa bud to my stashsses. One of phenos was a huge monster and im lucky that i have produce some seeds from her. This is my own danish cup winner and personal favorite. Easy quick nice high. Little bit tasteless.
I will continue to grown danish genetics in future, big up! :)