What's new

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
DankFrank
Will you explain CEC and how you get to 85% saturation and is that possible in COCO?

High calcium is nothing new. It's been part of the concept of CEC and base saturation in soil for decades. My base saturation is 85% calcium

RockinRobot

No RR all good... If people don't know how can the find what's right for them...

Still can't get it straight in my head how it works correctly in a non recirculating system but that's my issue. If it works it works.

Also would be interested in how all that extra calcium uptake affects buds. By that I mean possible harshness or perhaps not as clean burning. Perhaps needing longer flushes?

Mr. J

Still can't get it straight in my head how it works correctly in a non recirculating system but that's my issue. If it works it works.

Also would be interested in how all that extra calcium uptake affects buds. By that I mean possible harshness or perhaps not as clean burning. Perhaps needing longer flushes?
I think the idea is that the water/nutes go into the pot and medium, and the calcium is taken up first and then the water remaining in the medium has a higher pH, allowing everything else to be absorbed. At least that's how I understood it.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
RR,

the higher Ca will allow you to feed more plus there are other benefits. from what ive gotten from SlowNickle and his threads/posts is use multiple forms of Ca. and from experience it isnt going to negetivly affect you buds.

peace

Aspenou812

Veteran

Well I can tell you that I ran the harvest before last and this last one exactly the same with one exception.. I added 1.3 pounds to my harvest and the nugs were rock hard and solid... All I did was to reblend my V+B mix with Diamond K gypsum... I wouldn't recommend that V+B doesn't play well with others in flower... The 1.3... The Frost and the Dense buds sold me...

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use a lot of calcium in my grow. I use gypsum and oyster shell mixed in the soil. And I use CalMag, not as a supplement or additive, but I use it at one third the total EC. So I basically treat it like CalMag is my part A nute. And PBP is my part B.

Using this method, I’m pulling between 8oz to 12oz per plant with a 5 to 8 week veg (strain dependent). And I promise, those numbers aren’t inflated at all.

Earlmarne

Yall know a good source of soluble calcium beyond calcium nitrate?
I aint trying to throw gypsum in my ppk

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran

There may be some products out there that cause these issues but ces isn't on of them. It is one of the cleanest nutrient lines on the market. I have ran it in smart pots with no white salt build up on the pot. Never had a problem leaching it from the coco at the end of flower ether. Always leaves a nice white ash

Aspenou812

Veteran

So... DTW systems with coco... Basicly you follow instructions and mix your Res..
Then PH it... Add the Plant Amp and I watch the ph fall to around 4.5 then feed... Then I feed again... The next day the ph is all the way up to 4.9 or so... Feed twice and the following day the ph is right where it was set... On a steady increase every day to about 6.5... By then its been 4 days and then I repeat... Every time I feed the ph isn't the same... And I'm about done worrying with ph at all anymore... This Swings is like clockwork... And in the res the shit that drops the ph just stops after about 36 hours... And it goes up... These plants are praying... 24-7:peacock:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Today ill remove more branching trying to Zero in on 20 to 22 tops per plant... Today is day 12 flower... Not to shabby for my fifth flower run...

gmanwho

Veteran
Thank you, got an order in

its a little pricey, but atleast its not watered down an no fancy label. 1 gram per gallon adds 25ppm of ca. customhydronutrients is a great place to get it, and it supports a fellow icmag friend.

TBH it seems alittle goes along way. for awhile i was running 4 gpg to get 100ppm ca, then add 50ppm mg (epsom or mg nitrate), then base nutes. i since backed down to 50ppm ca. an started foliar feeding dissolvine ca an mg nitrate once a week. bag seems to go further now an same results. atleast for now. i really like foliar feeding lately unless its mid -late flower. results are immediate. i feel like im not caking up the rootzone an then may have to diagnose what elements are not playing well together, staying behind an building etc.

best of luck

LostTribe

Premium user
DankFrank
Will you explain CEC and how you get to 85% saturation and is that possible in COCO?

High calcium is nothing new. It's been part of the concept of CEC and base saturation in soil for decades. My base saturation is 85% calcium

SlowNickel preaches about high Ca content in an old closed thread over in the adv/botany forum.

I believe some may not be taking into consideration both the nutirient and Ph content retained in either your soil and coco mediums. Watering lower isn't going to screw them up as long as its not TOO low. Some of the nutrients are available still at this lower ph also. Look at a soil/hydro ph uptake chart.

In hydro when ph rises to above 6.2 Dropping back to below 5.2 is necessary to address the ph remaining in buckets/medium at 6.2 so a lower ph in rez is required to bring overall ph back to the lower end levels. Feeding PBP which normally rises for me over a 2-3 days recirculating. Dropping to 4.6 isn't an issue but I normally do look for a 200% runoff ie two immediate flood and drain cycles to even it up quick. Different but sort of similar.

Aspenou812

Veteran
I'm making Cookies today $15 bucks each... Lets get medicated... I took one pound of butter and mixed in 20 grams of decarbed Wax and 20 grams of decarbed Keif... Lol as per my instructions from The Original Outcast they should take the pain away..

Aspenou812

Veteran
What's the big deal with the whole GPW Gram Per What... I spent some time looking at that... Total BS... I've been smashing those numbers just saying... Its not really that hard.. A matter of preperation...

Latest posts

Latest posts