What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeking advice on my setup. Thoughts and suggestions

ButterflyEffect

Howdy ICMAG community!

I'm a long time lurker, but never really a posting kind of guy. I always thought I could battle my way through whatever came my way, and for some time now, it's had, well, mixed results. Mostly figured things out, but a lot of head banging!

So, moving forward I really wanted to reach out to the group and see if I couldn't get some thoughts about my current setup and whether there's room for improvement or hell, even a script rewrite. I know as well as any that it's super easy to get stuck with the blinders on!

Here's what I run.

Perpetual with 2 gallon hempys with a 4:1 perlite/vermi running vertical donuts under a stacked pair of 315s.

3 flower rooms. 1 & 2 are on a diy flip box. 3 has its own ballasts.

Rooms are environmentally controlled with arduinos.

Veg room is 5x10. Flower 1 is 5x7, the other 2 are 5x10. Ceiling height isn't the best. Between 7-8. There's also an area outside the rooms that I refer to as the lung room even though it's technically not one. It's basically a prep area.

I feed with Jacks 321 @ 1.5EC max. pH ~5.8

That's as many details that my old ass can remember at the moment. Please feel free to contribute, as I know there's a solid braintrust here and I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for reading!

ButterflyEffect

put the 315’s tip to tip and put a 600hps above them.

Right now they're about 10" apart. I really can't do any more lighting due to the fact that I'm close to maxed out on amperage. If the lights didn't put me over, the A/C needs would.

I keep the diameter of the donuts at ~28" to the backs of the screens. That puts me at around 10" to the bulb. I also spend a healthy amount of time tying plants to the screens and tucking leaves behind to get as much penetration as possible. If I could, I'd run 1000 watters and save myself a bunch of effort, but alas.