What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Low heat and stretching!

mimistow

Hello friends , im a noob and i want some advice. At 20/4/20 i planted the sprouted seeds to the soil and today they are as u can see them in the photos.BUT my problem is that the 2 of them that are just under the lights are stretching a little to much imo and im afraind they gonna fall over.Also i need to raise my temp some how.Im using Evergrow saga sco 560 led grow light(i think that the true wattage of this thing is 400W) that has 3 switches , one for red one for blue and one for white leds .Right now im having only the whites on and at a distance of 70 cm from plants and the temp inside the tent is 20.5-21.5 when lights on and 18.5 lights off.humidity 65-75%. Im thinking of opening and the blues lights on so it can produce more heat but im afraid of the result cause the company doesnt have any guidance for the lights.The other solution whoyld be to switch to an old 400 w hps but i whould prefer to grow them under leds.Any advice whould be helpful .THanks in advane mates!

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_213620.jpg
    IMG_20200425_213620.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200425_213625.jpg
    IMG_20200425_213625.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20200425_213630.jpg
    IMG_20200425_213630.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20200425_213641.jpg
    IMG_20200425_213641.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20200425_213648.jpg
    IMG_20200425_213648.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 25

mimistow

And if this is your light:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.2.23ce209c2UrXBA

Then turn it all on and raise the lamp all the way to the to top would be my advice.
Not enough light using only white.
yep this is my light. i have a fan inside the tent to blow the plants and one outake exhaust and an open hall on the bottom so i have have a passive intake.So my tent is 1x1x2(meters) how far should i put the lights with all the lights on and is there any possibility that the red spectrum will harm them?

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
What are the 3 settings on that light and what is the PPFD value IAW their chart? A PAR meter is a good investment, to know what is actually going on :tiphat:

mimistow

What are the 3 settings on that light?
it has 3 switches. One that turns on the white leds ,one that turn on the blue leds and one that turn on the red leds so i think that the wattage of its group of colour of leds is devided by 3 from the total wattage (400 true wattage).

mimistow

What are the 3 settings on that light and what is the PPFD value IAW their chart? A PAR meter is a good investment, to know what is actually going on :tiphat:
there is no manual from the company , i dont even know even they are still in the market.I tried contancting with them in facebook and at their emails but they dont respond!

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
That light is a WOFTAM (Waste Of Fucking Time And Money) it is what is referred to as a blurple due to the colour of the light coming from it.
Get something from HLG (Horticultural Lighting Group) so you aren't wasting your time or money.

Esme

Get them under HPS if they are stretching they are looking for light, Most of these cheap Chinese LED's are no good Says 500Watt led pull's about 100watt , I would go back to the 400 Watt HPS and upgrade extraction if that's a problem.

Esme

Are these autoflower mate another way to deal with stretching is start them in small pots then when you put up you can put them in deeper.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mimistow

That light is a WOFTAM (Waste Of Fucking Time And Money) it is what is referred to as a blurple due to the colour of the light coming from it.
Get something from HLG (Horticultural Lighting Group) so you aren't wasting your time or money.
ok but this doesnt solve the problem right now.

RED 1

yep this is my light. i have a fan inside the tent to blow the plants and one outake exhaust and an open hall on the bottom so i have have a passive intake.So my tent is 1x1x2(meters) how far should i put the lights with all the lights on and is there any possibility that the red spectrum will harm them?

You have to turn back to your 400W HPS
Two reasons,to up temps, and,with the addition of a second fan, you'll improve air circulation, and,will strengthen seedling's main stem,if you have it blowing slightly towards them
A suggestion on how to "hold them up"
:)
With no manual, you are asking for guess work,and,wasting your valuable time

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm not sure what to make of the light. I think it's probably a Lemon but would have to buy an energy consumption meter and lux meter to see. Both are $10 and worth having.

mimistow

I just replaced the LEDs with the 400w hps at a distance of 60 cm from plants and im waiting for it to fire up so i can check the temperature and see how the plants will react.

mimistow

You have to turn back to your 400W HPS
Two reasons,to up temps, and,with the addition of a second fan, you'll improve air circulation, and,will strengthen seedling's main stem,if you have it blowing slightly towards them
A suggestion on how to "hold them up"
:)
With no manual, you are asking for guess work,and,wasting your valuable time
changed to hps and now the tent is at 25C ,everything seems fine.whold u recommend to lower the light from 60 to 40 cm from plants or not yet?