Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Roaring Twenties

Thread Title Search
Roaring Twenties Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2020, 12:45 AM #31
Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Ur Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepwaterdude View Post
Extraordinary spot, lovely view. The oranges have me salivating
Yes, the citrus are in full effect. Oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes, grapefruit. Loquats are coming along and some avocados are ready to come off the trees. We harvested Macadamia nuts at the beginning of the year. This is the first time in a number of years that we fertilize the grove. She’s been pretty productive for being neglected.

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker." - Stanley Kubrick

Believe at your own peril...
Ur Humbl Nr8tor is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:47 AM #32
Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Ur Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMBAYCAT View Post
Does Dubi have any orange/citrus Cannabis seeds
you can try?
I think the CBD #1 has many citrus aromas. I have a single seed I will sprout this week for one of the holes.

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker." - Stanley Kubrick

Old 04-08-2020, 07:14 AM #33
dubi
Vendor

dubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivor
Lovely surroundings in your property Ur Humbl Nr8tor,
seeing the orange trees makes me feel like at home

Glad to see your hard job on preparing the holes for the upcoming outdoor plants.
As we commented previously through pms, your local granite soil most probably doesn't have the correct ph, nutrients and bacteria life that cannabis prefers so try to amend the local soil as much as you can.
dubi is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:35 PM #34
Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi View Post
Lovely surroundings in your property Ur Humbl Nr8tor,
seeing the orange trees makes me feel like at home

Glad to see your hard job on preparing the holes for the upcoming outdoor plants.
As we commented previously through pms, your local granite soil most probably doesn't have the correct ph, nutrients and bacteria life that cannabis prefers so try to amend the local soil as much as you can.
dubi, I received a four part test kit I will take samples and get a base line. We’ve had significant rain this past week. I’m being told the compost amended holes have shrunk quite a bit. An opportunity to add more organic material. Depending on pH, I will make adjustments with amendments as needed. Same with NPK if the readings come back off kilter. Definitely will be adding some manures and perhaps some worm castings. The organic vegetable pellets. Mulch to top. I also received Mykos (mychorrizae) last week. The potted plants roots will be misted and well coated before placing into each hole. That along with continued organic additions will hopefully increase good bacteria. This plot will be experimental but should be available to me for years to come, so I will keep good notes and hopefully improve on whatever outcomes for following seasons. Thanks for all of the advice!

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:05 AM #35
Ur Humbl Nr8tor

I took 3 soil samples in the grove this weekend and used the basic soil test I bought to get an idea of what I’m dealing with. pH ranges 7.0-7.6 (Avg. 7.3). Nitrogen effectively depleted. Phosphorous adequate to high adequate and K low adequate to adequate. I plan to add some EWC and some additional amendments (high N, Ca, elemental sulfur + Sul/Po/Mg, azomite). The organic vegetable pellets as a top dress. I will hit the roots with the Mykos mycorrhiza when I plant in. Appreciate any thoughts on that plan or if anyone has an alternate or additional suggestions.

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Old 04-23-2020, 09:44 AM #36
dubi
Vendor

dubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivordubi is a survivor
Hi friend,

Sounds like your local soil is not bad at all, its ph is quite correct and i'm sure you will be able to adjust it between the 6.5-6.8 range without much problems, probably adding a bit of peat you told me with lower ph. A good way to increase organically the nitrogen and bacteria life would be to add worm casting.
dubi is offline Quote

Old 04-23-2020, 08:29 PM #37
Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi View Post
Hi friend,

Sounds like your local soil is not bad at all, its ph is quite correct and i'm sure you will be able to adjust it between the 6.5-6.8 range without much problems, probably adding a bit of peat you told me with lower ph. A good way to increase organically the nitrogen and bacteria life would be to add worm casting.
Thanks for the input dubi! I do plan on adding worm castings and a little aged manure as well possibly bone and alfalfa meal. Some oyster shell and or gypsum. Azomite and sul/po/mag for trace. Yes, I could add a bit of peat directly to the soil in the holes and will consider it. Because the local water supply is higher pH (around 8), I consider to top dress with some elemental sulfur for the existing irrigation system. I anticipate needing to hand water on a routine basis during the hotter part of summer and will adjust the water pH during those drenches. Of course, once the soil is built and has had a few weeks to ‘cook’, I will take some samples and retest.

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Old 04-26-2020, 08:25 PM #38
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT has much to be proud ofBOMBAYCAT has much to be proud ofBOMBAYCAT has much to be proud ofBOMBAYCAT has much to be proud ofBOMBAYCAT has much to be proud ofBOMBAYCAT has much to be proud ofBOMBAYCAT has much to be proud ofBOMBAYCAT has much to be proud ofBOMBAYCAT has much to be proud ofBOMBAYCAT has much to be proud ofBOMBAYCAT has much to be proud of
What's going on with the planting holes in the orchard?
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote

Old 04-27-2020, 11:26 PM #39
Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMBAYCAT View Post
What's going on with the planting holes in the orchard?
I hope to be back at the orchard this next weekend to finish amending the soil. I plan to add earth worm castings, some manure and a little bit of peat and sulfur to adjust the pH slightly down. Also may add some blood meal and the organic vegetable pellets I have. P and K seems adequate but a bit more wont hurt I think. I really need to bring the N up. Possibly a few additional amendments for some of the micro nutrients but I can top dress throughout the season if need be.

I will be rooting some stock for the holes this week. I have a Killer A5 haze and 2 Super Malawi haze seedlings but I cannot get them to really grow. It is the strangest thing as I have no issue with any other plants. I have a single CBD #1 that is very early seedling that I wish to plant out there. I had hoped to plant my single Belidia Kif, but unfortunately the seedling popped and then quickly died out...so that is not to be. If the Malawi hazes won’t grow, I will clone purple haze x Malawi and the Malawi S1 for those spots. In addition, I likely will plant a DJ Short F13 and possibly Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze or Strawberry Diesel.

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

Old 05-07-2020, 08:32 AM #40
Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Amended the grove holes w/ EWC, peat and some organic matter. Going to let the soil cook for a few weeks and will plant in later this month.

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

3 members found this post helpful.