What's new

Felony possesion of a firearm, Having weapons at your grow house

TheOutlawTree

I just wanted to talk about laws regarding firearms, at a grow house. I know that if your commiting a felony and you have a gun, they charge you with felony possesion of a firearm.

I recently got rid of my guns because its not worth the risk, if that day ever came. However, i live in the boondocks, and i really like to target practice and hunt. Does anyone know if the pigs can charge you with felony possesion of a firearm if you have a crossbow, or a hunting bow?

I think this law is bullshit, guns in a grow house anyways. Its not like we are going to go out and shoot people, we have them for other purposes like hunting or personal protection in our homes.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I'm wondering the same thing, I have an MMJ prescription and live in the sticks, so no felony being committed, can I legally own firearms?

G

Guest 18340

The general rule of thumb is if you need a permit of any type or need to register said weapon, then you probably should'nt have it near your grow. Thats the advise myself and my friends follow. A cross bow is not considered a fire arm.

Lazyman, If youre completely legal then you're legal, know what I mean? Unless theirs some wording in the medical mj laws that specifically says you cannot have a registered firearm if your growing your own meds (which would probably be unconstitutional) then you're good to go as long as you're legal all around.

MMAJAY

If your legally growing you have the right to have a gun. Just dont have an ak-47,sk-s.mac-10,50 cal all together. I carry 100% of the time. If your growing on the down low i wouldnt recomend haveing any weapons in the house allthough many do. The gun is just as bad as growing if not worse while growing on the down low. The cops love it when they seize weapons during a bust because they know there case looks better going to the DA's desk.

79towncar

Near where I am if you get caught with drugs (any amount) and a firearm, you get mandatory min 5 years.. But if you are a legal med user and have the required permits for your firearms then I don't think there is a problem.. Just make sure they are stored properly.. Have a gun safe for everything and leave one home defense weapon and some spare ammo for it outside the safe.. Never get caught with a fully auto firearm without the required permits... That can get you a life sentence..

biteme

and some additional food for thought: in many states the possession of a firearm in commission of a drug felony means the feds step in.

unless you have the absolute right to bear arms in writing, leave the fucking guns alone and out of your gardening life. simply outsmart the mofos and remember that nearly all probs stem from flipping your lips.

and btw, correct answer evel. cross bows, etc. are not firearms. neither are pellet guns (extremely powerful these days), flare guns and spear guns.

be safe-biteme

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Owning any fully auto is just plain stupid regardless. To license it you give the ATF full permission to conduct any surprize search of your property at any time.

Well it wouldn't be bad to have some bunkers hidden, not that I would want to fight a company of Rangers. I think yes, yes they can charge you for having a deadly weapon with a bow. It's not combustion that propels the arrow, but it's an explosive force. It's not even worth explaining if they want to be that hard about it. Most people can hide intentions from police that don't give a rats ass. I saw the neighbor playing with a compound bow, he sells drugs and plays Pablo Escobar all day long.

ddrew

Veteran
You need your gun and your scale, I put a huge amount of thought into where to keep both items, and I'm confident they would survive any large scale search of the premises without being discovered, but I can get to either in 10 secs or less.

lmv931

in cali specifically Bay area. You can own a gun and have weed growing if you have a script and you're weapons are registered...... Just don't keep you're grow, guns, and scale in the same place just to be safe.... I keep mine in opposite parts of the house. I always keep my guns loaded cause u never know. (Its ok to have a loaded gun in "YOU'RE" house just not cocked and ready) Remeber its you're right to bear arms and as long as you're with in the law if they come what are they gonna say?

its funny that states with Medical laws won't allow you to own an automatic but states that allow you to own an automatic don't have medical laws... hmmmmmm interesting!:moon:

79towncar

Owning any fully auto is just plain stupid regardless. To license it you give the ATF full permission to conduct any surprize search of your property at any time.

I don't think it's stupid... If your doing anything illegal or on the cusp of illegal (which I think growing with a med card is on the cusp no matter what) it is... But if your a regular citizen I don't think it's stupid... My grandfather owns a few transferrable automatics... He even has a Thompson with 100 round drums!! That's an awesome gun... Worth a ton of money too.. I think fully auto guns are great for collectors and entheusists... But I agree for a grower on the fringes of the law it's not so smart..

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
yepper and why i've never applied for this permit, being in the army yrs ago i've fired alot of automatic weapons law rockets 1 TOW missle :woohoo:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I don't think it's stupid... If your doing anything illegal or on the cusp of illegal (which I think growing with a med card is on the cusp no matter what) it is... But if your a regular citizen I don't think it's stupid... My grandfather owns a few transferrable automatics... He even has a Thompson with 100 round drums!! That's an awesome gun... Worth a ton of money too.. I think fully auto guns are great for collectors and entheusists... But I agree for a grower on the fringes of the law it's not so smart..

I dont care if grandpa owned a nuke or how cool it would be .. signing away ones right to ATF searches at their whim is rediculous. Nothings awesome about that.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Personally, I wouldn't keep a gun ANYWHERE near my grows. Thats just me. I feel getting busted without one is enough of a hassle. Getting busted with one is a whole other kind of hassle. Thats if you don't use it. If you ever use it...... I believe.... YOU WOULD BE FUCKED.

I carried a gun for a while when I was alot younger. I grew up in the WORST neighborhood in the SFV. I've been shot at a few times. While I was carrying! It didn't go down like I expected when I decided to carry a gun! I'm a good shot, not the best, but good. Problem is that unless you are ready to draw down on everybody that approaches you, they probably got the drop on you. And if your too "twitchy", your probably gonna shoot somebody that probably didn't need to get shot.

Another thing that I think about is how takeover robberies take place. They come in like gang busters. It happens quick! I have friends AND family that have gone through this. Both times it happened, they came in when everyone was asleep. Yelling POLICE... POLICE!!!! Should they have started shooting if they could have gotten to their guns? What if it WAS the Police? How long would it take to decide? Remember they come in GUNS IN HAND!! And you were fast asleep 2 seconds ago.

If I was a ex marine with nerves of steel and I lived in a world where honest mistakes are forgiven.... I probably would keep a gun around, but I'm not so I don't. But thats just me.:ying:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Personally, I wouldn't keep a gun ANYWHERE near my grows. Thats just me. I feel getting busted without one is enough of a hassle. Getting busted with one is a whole other kind of hassle. Thats if you don't use it. If you ever use it...... I believe.... YOU WOULD BE FUCKED.

I carried a gun for a while when I was alot younger. I grew up in the WORST neighborhood in the SFV. I've been shot at a few times. While I was carrying! It didn't go down like I expected when I decided to carry a gun! I'm a good shot, not the best, but good. Problem is that unless you are ready to draw down on everybody that approaches you, they probably got the drop on you. And if your too "twitchy", your probably gonna shoot somebody that probably didn't need to get shot.

Another thing that I think about is how takeover robberies take place. They come in like gang busters. It happens quick! I have friends AND family that have gone through this. Both times it happened, they came in when everyone was asleep. Yelling POLICE... POLICE!!!! Should they have started shooting if they could have gotten to their guns? What if it WAS the Police? How long would it take to decide? Remember they come in GUNS IN HAND!! And you were fast asleep 2 seconds ago.

If I was a ex marine with nerves of steel and I lived in a world where honest mistakes are forgiven.... I probably would keep a gun around, but I'm not so I don't. But thats just me.:ying:

The above post makes complete sense to me......best not mix growing with firearms......

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
If you have a gun, you should always carry it with you. In a holster, in your hands, or right next to where you are standing/sitting. Having that shit somewhere other than on your person gives someone else ample opportunity to use it against you. You're better off with knives or baseball bats... and even then, these tools can be used against you. Its best to just cover your bases before hand to you don't need fancy protection.

Solidopc

I can't understand why anyone would want to own a fully automatic gun. I can perhaps get my head around thinking having a little hand gun for target practice would be cool, but where guns are concerned, plod are on the case, so it's not even worth thinking about. Got myself a nifty little catapolt though, which is fun.

A

Amstel Light

I just wanted to talk about laws regarding firearms, at a grow house. I know that if your commiting a felony and you have a gun, they charge you with felony possesion of a firearm.

I recently got rid of my guns because its not worth the risk, if that day ever came. However, i live in the boondocks, and i really like to target practice and hunt. Does anyone know if the pigs can charge you with felony possesion of a firearm if you have a crossbow, or a hunting bow?

I think this law is bullshit, guns in a grow house anyways. Its not like we are going to go out and shoot people, we have them for other purposes like hunting or personal protection in our homes.

look up PALADIN press and buy the book "how to hide anything" or some shit.what i would do is dig a hole around 18-19" inches in diameter get a sewer pvc pipe, wrap my weapons air tight,make sure the pipe is airtight, bury it..dig it up to hunt and hope they dont come during hunting season...

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Gotta stash my firearms, now that I think of it.

Concealed carry would be nice, but I just got one of those Asp Police Batons and it's a much safer alternative. Still ends confrontations upon drawing.

Latest posts

Latest posts