What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600 watt coco tent grow

CoCoSativas

Mammoth tent 4x4. Currently vegging with a 200 watt sunblaster in a parabolic shade. Will switch to a 600 watt hortilux super hps powered by a gavita digistar for flower. Im growing 2 kali mist fems, a super lemon haze fem, arjans strawberry haze fem, a jamaican grapefruit fem (next generation) and a single f1 cross i made in 2013, a nepali skunk cross. I expect its a male its much larger than any of the surrounding fems. Everyone whose grown the cross liked it, so im hoping i get a girl.

Im growing in coco with gh flora (hardwater micro, i like my tap water here) and pro silicate. The silica makes sense to me. So far they are all lush and green and seem happy.

After this run im going to try a coco specific food. Until then trying to get a good yield with whats readily available.

In the next week or so they should be big enough to clone, then start flowering. All are from seed

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

Oh yeah i almost forgot, the guy at the hydro store is going to hook me up with some co2 bucket thing for the tent. Lets see how that goes, i think its a pretty good idea in a tent. Cant remember the name, ill find out when i pick it up, hopefully tomorrow

PinkMagic

Good looking females.
Does your ballast power the hortilux bulb because I ran into a problem using a hortilux bulb on a different ballast. The bulb would not work with my ballast and I ended up switching bulbs.

CoCoSativas

No problem running the hortilux bulbs with the digistar 600. The ballast hortilux sells, the gold one runs a similar frequency to my digistars so i figure they must be compatable with the digistar.

I love gavita products. Good stuff. I will eventually pick up their pro complete fixtures, although im a fan of the adjust a wing, so i might put the pro fixture together with the double ended adjust a wing. I think that would be cool. Until then im using parabolics. Some idiot i know used them to great effect in his drip system grow and i saw the potential. Excellent light spread. Economical too.

The fems are from fem seeds (some say negative things about feminized but i use feminized and regulars without problems) as some strains are only available fem. You gotta do what you gotta do to get a strain sometimes. I preffer regulars but use fems without qualms.

I used to grow organic dirt style but ive seen the power of coco. Passive hydroponics works for me, i like handwatering, and i like the prospect of higher yield. I thought it would be a difficult change but so far no problems. Im having zero issues early on. The flora series is so simple to use. PH is so steady.

As im new to hydroponics im pretty anal so i dont mess anything up. I make sure my ph is proper, i make sure my ppms are in the proper range (i love my hanna meter) and i regularly check my run off. So far they are all super green and look happy as can be.

CoCoSativas

Heres the digistar setup running a hortilux in a parabolic. Lol i hung the reflector off the ballast case as my own complete fixture. It wont actually look like that when i run them tho, height issue... it was cool to see like that tho.

As i dont believe in air cooling bulbs im going to put a air conditioner beside the tent blowing into one of the square vents in the side. Air cool the enviroment.

Well im off for the night, im going to hit a dab of blueberry wax. Mmm i love the dabs, cant beat top quality wax.

Ask away with questions everyone i love talking about grows, and this one is from now until i chop everyone down. This could go a while, theres 2 kalis in there. Pull up a seat everyone

CoCoSativas

And my super lemon haze. I bought the pack in 2013, 4/5 germination. I just used the last one, ive planted the seeds from this pack at all different times

My fiance likes this stuff, i love it, everyone i know whos grown it or smoked it loved the stuff.

CoCoSativas

So i had to stop on the way home and get some sugar for the Bio2. lol have to feed that yeast for the co2. I picked up 2 four kilo bags, enough for two weeks.

Im pretty stoked about this thing it should really help in the tent alot. It should speed up my veg time alot.

So theres pics of the water temps acording to my combo meter, and a sticky thermometer the guy at the hydro store was kind enough to apply. That will make it eazy enough to keep track of the temp in the bucket without wasting battery on my hanna meter.

Last picture is of the yeast mixed in to the water. Within 24 hours it will start making co2. https://
www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60011&pictureid=1409117&thumb=1

Big thanks to my local shop and the owners. Those guys are great, they hooked me up with the co2 kit and 8 weeks of yeast brew on the house in exchange for putting up the thing in use on the thread. Im expecting some impressive results.

Hopefully i wake up to bubbles in the indicator tomorrow.

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

Right on man. Glad to see someone else stopping by. Please feel free to comment or ask any
questions.

I wont have any new pics until the co2 is working. I will be taking measurements tonight of the plants, so we know where they are before co2. ill take measurements every few days.

DJ Short talks in his book about a brew bucket type idea like this thing im starting to use. In a small tent style grow i would imagine it will really help. Ive set mine up a little different at the moment as i dont have a fan in my tent running right now. Ive got a pair of wall mount fans but i dont think that will work in a tent. Im probably going to grab a cheap floor fan or whatever, or put the fan on the outside Blowing in the vent. Im not in a rush, as long as the plants are happy looking im happy too.

Last edited:
im not too familiar with hydroponics its way over my head but ill be watching this for sure to see how it goes and i might consider doing it next year for breeding purposes

CoCoSativas

Hi bean. Ive decided to move to a hydro aproach for a bigger yield.

The first thing you should buy is a combo meter. Something that does ec or ppm (i know both and use both, my hanna meter does both), and ph. In hydro your conductivity and ph are super important.

Ask me any questions you want, ive seen quite a few hydro grows and understand it well.

Passive hydro is the easiest amd safest to move into. No pumps needed, its silent. Coco is awesome it also has a mold caled trichoderma, its good for the roots. Its a great medium.

Theres tones of great hydro food out there. They are all pretty eazy to use. The flora series is great for me so far, i will probably try a coco specific nutrient next. Im not sure tho, depends on how long the gallons of flora i have last and how good the dope is when its all done.

Are you a organic soil grower usually? Thats how i used to grow. I loved it, simple and it was the best stuff i ever smoked.

CoCoSativas

Good looking females.
Does your ballast power the hortilux bulb because I ran into a problem using a hortilux bulb on a different ballast. The bulb would not work with my ballast and I ended up switching bulbs.

Hortilux warentees bulbs for a year so if its a bulb malfunction they will replace them.

Im buying the gavita enhanced bulbs when im done with the hortilux bulbs i have.

I cant wait till the babies are big enough for me to clone so i can switch to flower.

Dude, nice grow. Although I tend to lean more towards indicas and indica dominant hybrids for smoking, I've always wanted to try ghs super lemon haze as well as the Arjan strawberry haze. Must be some nuts head highs.

Are you gonna super crop, lst, or scrog?

CoCoSativas

I plan on using lst on anyone who gets to tall, as well as topping and triming if needed. I dont want those kalis growing into the bulb or shade.

So the Bio2 is bubbling away inside i can hear it this morning. By the time im done work there will be enough that it should start operating. Ill be able to tell because its got a bubble indicator.
The bucket is a neat little toy to have in a tent. Its a good idea. I put my seedling heat mat under the bucket last night for extra heat to help out the process. Probably not needed but the heat didnt hurt, the things fizzing away.

When i get home today i should be able to snap a pic of the indicator bubbling

Wow i remember the days i liked toking indicas. I stopped after i tried some sativa varieties and didnt fall asleep of victim to couchlock.

Ive never tried the strawberry, love the super lemon haze and never tried the jam grape, but ive smoked kali and my nepali skunk before.

Also, i think my nepali cross is a male. Its a big beefy vigourous plant, much more than the rest. Id be shocked if its a girl.

CoCoSativas

I follow the gh flora food schedule for veg and add 2.5 ml pro silicate, but thats my only addative. Im going to buy a little bottle of floraliciousplus on payday tho and start that.

For flower im going to use heads formula probably exept 5 micro and 10 bloom probably. My measuring cups are in 5 ml incriments.

Is the epson salt needed or can i go without because im using tap water? my tapwater has mag in it... i do have the salt tho if i need it.

I have considered folowing the gh flower nutrient schedule but i might go with heads to be safe, so many people use it with good results