What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oscillating fans. What's your favorite?

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
... they don't need to be oscillating. Simply angle the fan to create "bouncing" <--- wrong word air currents.

3snowboards

Got this
This one is good
picture.php

The cheapest ones they have.

The one in my veg has been going for years, I'm not sure how old it it is. I always get 2 so I have a backup. It's pretty dirty I kind of wish it would break.:biglaugh:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Im having a hard time finding an A/C oscillating 4" fan with a regular plug.
I can only find USB corded fans under 6".

6" are like $20-30US

RB56

Veteran
I use 16-Inch Air King 9016 Commercial Grade Oscillating Wall Mount Fan. 2 each in veg and flower rooms, mounted in a corner. One about 30" from the floor and the other 8" from the ceiling. Have simple wall mounts. They last about a year before the humidity causes them to corrode and start making noise. Buy a new one and hang it on the existing mount. Wish they lasted longer, but work really well. Just have to consider them disposable.

starke

Don't buy ones with digital controls. When the power flickers or goes out, they do not come back on when the power does. They have to be turned on again. Good old knob or push button switches only. This was a two fan, $100.00 lesson learned.

Lrus007

Veteran
i use 16" adjustable oscillating pedestal fans.
hard to find but you want metal fan blades on them.
cost a little more but is nice to clean the blades each run.
plastic fan blades lasted me less than a year would flatten out.
i think holms or something like that was last name brand i got.
hope this helps

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Typically fans use a sleeve bearing, or bushing. These have quite a low temperature tolerance. The lube drys, and the fan slows. If near hid lighting, you're lucky to get a year. With price being of little concern.

Recently I have been installing maglev fans for hot duty, but they're generally small. Like PC fan sized.

Placement has a lot to do with how much you spend, as there is little point putting a fancy fan near a hid. Just use cheap one's as they will last the same 12 months.

I don't use oscillating fans. I know where my air comes in. Where it leaves. And place stationary fans along the route I wish the air to take. I have used them in the past, with a cold air feed behind them. It's not very space efficient though. I prefer more smaller fans. The noise is a real factor behind this choice to.

Given a greenhouse with central walk way, I could use them. Making the walk-way something like my inlet plenum, with fans sending it towards the walls, where it left.

Generally, oscillating fans make me frown. Because most people just have them stirring up the room. Which is fine with a sealed co2 grow, but it's not usually what I'm seeing. I want fans distributing fresh air. Not old stuff, while the fresh air just straight lines it for the exhaust.

greenspiritz

Do not buy Secret Jardin Monkey Fan 200mm (8") - 20 Watt (Oscillating) Clip-On Fan.

These are a disaster waiting to happen, the same happened to me with this guy.

Attachments

• Screenshot (63).png
    Screenshot (63).png
    23.2 KB · Views: 34