Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Anybody invest??

Thread Title Search
Anybody invest?? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2017, 11:36 PM #1
Hubbleman

Hubbleman is a glorious beacon of lightHubbleman is a glorious beacon of lightHubbleman is a glorious beacon of lightHubbleman is a glorious beacon of lightHubbleman is a glorious beacon of lightHubbleman is a glorious beacon of lightHubbleman is a glorious beacon of lightHubbleman is a glorious beacon of lightHubbleman is a glorious beacon of lightHubbleman is a glorious beacon of lightHubbleman is a glorious beacon of light
Post Anybody invest??

Shit I wish I bought some bitcoins few months ago... I was told itís gonna sky rocket but I didnít listen

Anyway, how much bigger can B get?
Hubbleman is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2017, 11:43 PM #2
GMT
I am, therefore I think

GMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant future
If you're playing the virtual chicken games, I'd look at lite coin and quantum rather than bit coin. Much more sensible options right now. But if you are investing, UK govt backed energy bonds give 10% and no risk each year, or for the gamblers shell oil due to a return to cash dividends.
GMT is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:44 AM #3
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
There's still a chance to make money, but with my financial situation, I'm not taking the risk.

I've been focusing on silver lately. I was getting a new watch battery at the pawn shop, casually asked about gold and he was nice enough to talk to me for like 15 minutes.

Basically I'm making one purchase a month. After all living expenses, I take whats left and buy coins. He said to have a plan and be consistent with it. I certainly don't expect to become rich, but at 31 if I keep it up, maybe I will have a little nest egg a few decades from now.
Green Squall is online now Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 03:01 AM #4
GMT
I am, therefore I think

GMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant future
Coins trade at a premium to scrap silver prices. Bullion bars track scrap prices better and are just as easy to trade in.
GMT is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:35 AM #5
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Coins trade at a premium to scrap silver prices. Bullion bars track scrap prices better and are just as easy to trade in.
I plan on having a little of everything. I've been buying and researching PM's for a few years now and still can't find a definitive answer which is better. Many pros and con's for both.

I admit that right now I'm partial to Government Minted Coins because they are so liquid and recognizable, but theres not doubt rounds and bars are more affordable.
Green Squall is online now Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 03:39 AM #6
mogrow

mogrow will become famous soon enoughmogrow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbleman View Post
Shit I wish I bought some bitcoins few months ago... I was told itís gonna sky rocket but I didnít listen

Anyway, how much bigger can B get?
you and me both, another train that left the station without us. what's it up this year , like 1600%.

but i did buy some AKAM this week.
mogrow is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 06:36 AM #7
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrow View Post
you and me both, another train that left the station without us. what's it up this year , like 1600%.

but i did buy some AKAM this week.
Yes collecting extremely exclusive numbers is starting to drive up the price of electricity in some markets. Inconvenient that this is at the same time the price of dank indoor weed is at an all time low. It will be funny when people start getting their electricity shut off and going broke because of consumer's insatiable craving for electronic cabbage patch dolls. The current electricity cost of making a bitcoin is about $1600 so the cost of electricity needs to go up more than 10x before the price of making a coin and the price of buying one even out.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 04:00 PM #8
coldcanna

coldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud of
My fiance and I are about to start investing- shes graduating school into a high paying job. Everything I've read about it seems like drones, virtual reality, AI, real estate, legal marijuana, quantum/ nano tech are all big growth industries for decades to come. I like the idea of bitcoin but its pretty fringe- like good idea to put 5-10% of your portfolio in it but make sure your diversified in case it comes crashing down. I have a strong feeling if it gets more mainstream the big banks and Uncle Sam will shut it down or make their own that we are forced to use instead. No way that much money can be flying around and Big Brother not having his nappy fingers in it

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all""

Freedom begins between the ears
coldcanna is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 05:43 PM #9
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Dopesmoker View Post
The current electricity cost of making a bitcoin is about $1600 so the cost of electricity needs to go up more than 10x before the price of making a coin and the price of buying one even out.
Not when you add in the cost of equipment, depreciation and man hours involved.... It costs a lot more than $1600 to 'make a bitcoin' today. In other words, I would not bet on BTC hitting $1600 again without it being on the decline to nothing.
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 07:03 PM #10
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
Bank of America landed a patent on cryptocurrency transactions.

https://www.coindesk.com/bank-of-ame...-patent-award/

Bank of America may be looking into cryptocurrency exchange services for its corporate clients – or at least keeping its options open should they become interested.
In a patent awarded by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Tuesday, the second-largest bank in the U.S. outlined a potential cryptocurrency exchange system that would convert one digital currency into another. Further, this system would be automated, establishing the exchange rate between the two currencies based on external data feeds.
The patent describes a potential three-part system, where the first part would be a customer’s account and the other two would be accounts owned by the business running the system. The user would store their chosen cryptocurrency through the customer account.
The second account, referred to as a "float account," would act as a holding area for the cryptocurrency the customer is selling, while the third account, also a float account, would contain the equivalent amount of the cryptocurrency the customer is converting their funds to.
That third account would then deposit the converted funds back into the original customer account for withdrawal.
The proposed system would collect data from external information sources on cryptocurrency exchange rates, and use this data to establish its own optimal rate.
The patent notes this service would be for enterprise-level customers, meaning that if the bank pursues this project, it would be offered to businesses.
According to the patent:
"Enterprises may handle a large number of financial transactions on a daily basis. As technology advances, financial transactions involving cryptocurrency have become more common. For some enterprises, it may be desirable to exchange currencies and cryptocurrencies."
The proposed system could also evaluate transactions for potential illicit trades, calculating a risk score based on the amount of cryptocurrency being transferred and any other information available, according to the patent.
Transactions which look illegal would not be allowed to process, the patent says.
Bank of America has been looking into cryptocurrencies for years, filing another patent in 2014 to create a cryptocurrency-powered wire transfer system.
That system would allow users to transfer funds by converting the sender's local currency into a cryptocurrency, sending it to a foreign exchange, and then converting it to the destination country's currency.

that should start people that are wary becoming more comfortable.

trichrider is offline Quote