What's new

3K ~ PPK

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I can't draw stacked bulbs, but the idea is definitely to stack the 1Ks, not hang side-by-side.

I am going to flip two or three of them tomorrow.

yes, that is what i'm talking about. sorry i wasn't more clear.

with the 2 1k's stacked in the center and flipping the 2 600 watt ballasts to four bulbs on the outside or above.

zeke99

I am going to borrow a camera this weekend and will update with pics.

Two plants have been flowering now for 14 days. A third for twelve days and I put the fourth one in tonight. I took 8 cuttings on 11/2. Three died, four had roots by the time the covers came off for good, which was yesterday (12-13 days) and the last one is a couple of days behind, the cover is still on.

zeke99

ok, we're back in business. This is a one photo tease, I'll take more tomorrow when the lights are off. I can't get any more good ones in the midst of the HPS glow.

side view of Mango that's been blooming for 19 days.

zeke99

Here is a group shot from behind plant #4, the late bloomer, two weeks behind the rest:

This is the front view of the lady that I posted last night and I had the schedule wrong, today is day 18 of bloom for this one.

This one been bloomin' for 21 days:

Note the tie tape running to the ceiling. I checked D9's thread and copied the idea of hanging a pipe above each plant from which to tie from.

Now that the stretch period is over for three of the four, I will defoliate a little bit.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

very nice! with the 2 1k's in the middle you are about to grow some whoppers. i would find something to tie with that wasn't so large in width. by the time you tie up the whole plant there will be a lot of shading with what you are using.

big healthy plants!

later

zeke99

very nice! with the 2 1k's in the middle you are about to grow some whoppers. i would find something to tie with that wasn't so large in width. by the time you tie up the whole plant there will be a lot of shading with what you are using.

big healthy plants!

later

I've been using the tape for years and was wondering why you use string.... :thank you: :dance013:

Everything is moving along now, the next clones are on schedule. Today I moved them from under a single CFL bulb to being much closer to a set of FLO tubes. Next gear time for them.

Bassy59

big healthy plants!

later

His pics make my fingernails itch to go in and defoliate. Thoughts D9?

zeke99

I've been growing this Mango continuously for 18 months, have defoliated heavily and didn't enjoy the results. When grown properly it's a heavy yielding plant, with chunky, dense, rock like nugs. Not long bugs; but 2-5 gram chunks. Nothing else changed, the same system, the same buckets (cleaned of course), the same clean water (tested monthly), the same Peters fertilizer, the same everything except for one factor.

More budsites - big yes
Smaller buds - big yes
More weight - no, the same

Which isn't to say that I don't defoliate at all, but maybe not as much as you would like to.

Stranger

What does " grown properly" mean? Do you expect more or less than previous runs?

They look pretty proper the way its going now?:watchplant:

zeke99

What does " grown properly" mean? Do you expect more or less than previous runs?

They look pretty proper the way its going now?:watchplant:

I meant optimally.

Maybe that post wasn't clear, but the point of it was that I fairly heavily defoliated the last time out and there were more bud sites than previous grows, but the buds were smaller and the total weight did not go up. I really like those big chunky buds.

zeke99

Today is day 30 for two plants, day 27 for one and day 16 for #4

This past week:

- the pulse interval was increased to 90 minutes - a trade off with the varying plant ages that won't happen again.

- some defoliation of the older three

- four bulbs in place

This is the back of #1 and #2, being hit by the 600: