Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > THC Acetate

Thread Title Search
THC Acetate Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2010, 02:23 PM #1
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
THC Acetate

Hee, hee, hee………

Well, we couldn’t stands it no more and just had to make some Cannabinoid Acetate to check it out before spending the money for an inert atmosphere chamber as recommended by D Gold in Cannabis Alchemy. We instead conducted the experiment in an open field, where everything went smoothly.

We decided to start small, so we used 2 grams of BHO. We acetalized it by dissolving the BHO in Everclear, adding Acetic Anhydride, and reflux cooking using a boiling flask and an Alhin condenser to reflux.

We neutralized with Sodium Hydroxide and after filtering, added water, table salt, and hexane, before separating out the hexane and acetate, using a separatory funnel. After evaporating off the Hexane, we washed with ethanol and voile!

Good stuff! Rapid pain relief and good head effect! Ahrroooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!!!!!1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	THC Acetate.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	72876 Click image for larger version

Name:	Outdoor lab.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	573.2 KB
ID:	72877

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:17 PM #2
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
is it much different in effect than your starting product tho, you dont mention that, which is the crux of the biscuit, is it not?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 PM #3
Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashmasta-Kut View Post
is it much different in effect than your starting product tho, you dont mention that, which is the crux of the biscuit, is it not?
Good point bro! The starting product was mixed trim and popcorn, which was respectable when vaporized.

The result was more than respectable and was an attention getter for the two of us high tolerance lab rats doing the testing yesterday.

We didn't test it Sunday, because the hexane was still purging. It was actually still not fully purged when we tested it, and today I will modify the process to include another wash using 190 proof to pick up the residual.

Gold represents it as 3X potency, which the two of us with our high tolerance were unable to establish, but I will put it out for panel testing to get more opinions.

Most noticeable to me was the strong head effect, because the pain just went away, which the straight oil also did admirably well without further processing.

More after I have run it by some low tolerance panel members to see those effects. My impression at this point is favorable enough that I will be making a larger batch for more extensive testing. Based on current data, I predict a highly postive response.

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

Last edited by Gray Wolf; 08-11-2010 at 01:12 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-10-2010, 06:05 PM #4
Shred42O

Shred42O will become famous soon enoughShred42O will become famous soon enough
Couldn't you just use more of the orginal product and get the same effect as using less of a refined one

Old 08-10-2010, 07:07 PM #5
Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred42O View Post
Couldn't you just use more of the orginal product and get the same effect as using less of a refined one
In three words, my best prediction is, "No f-----g way."

I don't get high anymore and can only infer head effect by the activity, but it was noticeably higher with the acetate than it was with the base oil.

Continuing to ingest more and more oil doesn't produce more mental activity for me, it either gives me a head ache, or puts me to sleep, depending on the oil. I may or may not lose my short term memory and get stupid in the process.

If you don't degrade it during extraction, the original plant genetics pretty well circumscribes the effects and it doesn't matter how much oil you ingest, you are limited in effect.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:20 PM #6
Shred42O

Shred42O will become famous soon enoughShred42O will become famous soon enough
Cool very intresting stuff

Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 AM #7
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe is a splendid one to beholdG.O. Joe is a splendid one to beholdG.O. Joe is a splendid one to beholdG.O. Joe is a splendid one to beholdG.O. Joe is a splendid one to beholdG.O. Joe is a splendid one to beholdG.O. Joe is a splendid one to beholdG.O. Joe is a splendid one to beholdG.O. Joe is a splendid one to beholdG.O. Joe is a splendid one to beholdG.O. Joe is a splendid one to behold
D. Gold bases this on work from the 40's that I'm sure was done well, but is what it is and not more. Things are not so black and white; others have said that it is less potent, including some who have also claimed to have made it.

This is from 1945, at the end of the research by this Adams group, where potency is shown as 2X. You can see a table here.
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja01225a040
Neither it nor the THC it came from was pure.

This potency is based on the motor coordination of dogs.

If I had some acetic anhydride I could find out for myself, but it's not easy to obtain in the US for most people since it is regulated.

Mechoulam wrote a definitive book in 1973 (Marijuana), which this is from:

Chapter 2 - Structure Activity Relationships
Table V - Activity of delta-1 and delta-6-THC Derivatives and Related Materials.
This table gives the dosage necessary to produce certain observable effects in rhesus monkeys: - indicates no change; +-, tranquility; +, drowsiness,decreased motor activity,occasional partial ptosis,occasional head drop; ++, stupor, ataxia, full ptosis, suppresion of motor activity, typical crouched position ("thinker position") for up to three hours, presence of reaction to external sensorial stimuli; +++, severe stupor and ataxia, full ptosis, immobility, "thinker position" lasting for more than 3 hours and absence of reaction to external stimuli.

Dose (mg/kg) Activity

(-)-delta1-THC
0.05 +
0.1 ++
0.25 ++
0.5 +++

delta1-THC acetate
0.2 +-
0.5 +
1.0 ++

(-)-delta6-THC
0.1 +-
0.25 +
0.5-0.9 ++
1.0-2.0 +++

delta6-THC acetate
0.2 -
0.5 +
1.0 ++
5.0 +++
G.O. Joe is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2010, 07:06 PM #8
Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O. Joe View Post
D. Gold bases this on work from the 40's that I'm sure was done well, but is what it is and not more. Things are not so black and white; others have said that it is less potent, including some who have also claimed to have made it.

This is from 1945, at the end of the research by this Adams group, where potency is shown as 2X. You can see a table here.
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja01225a040
Neither it nor the THC it came from was pure.

This potency is based on the motor coordination of dogs.

If I had some acetic anhydride I could find out for myself, but it's not easy to obtain in the US for most people since it is regulated.

Mechoulam wrote a definitive book in 1973 (Marijuana), which this is from:

Chapter 2 - Structure Activity Relationships
Table V - Activity of delta-1 and delta-6-THC Derivatives and Related Materials.
This table gives the dosage necessary to produce certain observable effects in rhesus monkeys: - indicates no change; +-, tranquility; +, drowsiness,decreased motor activity,occasional partial ptosis,occasional head drop; ++, stupor, ataxia, full ptosis, suppresion of motor activity, typical crouched position ("thinker position") for up to three hours, presence of reaction to external sensorial stimuli; +++, severe stupor and ataxia, full ptosis, immobility, "thinker position" lasting for more than 3 hours and absence of reaction to external stimuli.

Dose (mg/kg) Activity

(-)-delta1-THC
0.05 +
0.1 ++
0.25 ++
0.5 +++

delta1-THC acetate
0.2 +-
0.5 +
1.0 ++

(-)-delta6-THC
0.1 +-
0.25 +
0.5-0.9 ++
1.0-2.0 +++

delta6-THC acetate
0.2 -
0.5 +
1.0 ++
5.0 +++
Thanks for the supporting data Joe! Always good to find kindred mad scientists!

D. Gold was also off on the proportions, based on the reaction when we added more water after the reaction was ostensibly complete. As many of ya’ll already know, acetic anhydride is basically vinegar with all the water removed, and it reacts violently in the presence of water. Such a reaction at that point in the process suggests an excess of un-reacted acetic anhydride. More on that subject after we count moles.

We have yet to have a high pressure liquid chromatograph at our disposal, but I got in four more volunteer panel tests yesterday, all of which not only agree with my assessment that the potency was increased, but added some perspective to the degree.

In short, all reported acceleration in speed and intensity of effect. Two used the word, “Wow”, as their first descriptive word, based primarily on head effect, but all uniformly reported an almost immediate relief of the symptoms that qualified them for MMJ.

Without the instrumentation, any attempts at quantification are anecdotal, but whether it is 2 or 3X, it is definitely a marked improvement.

Don’t know what to tell you about obtaining acetic anhydride bro, other than it appears to be more something that draws attention to you when you purchase it, as opposed to actually being seriously regulated for industrial and research use. Besides also being used in the manufacture of Heroin from Morphine, it is also used to make Aspirin.

So far purchasing the chemicals that we require for medical experimentation from the local science supply store hasn’t been an issue, through our legitimate business accounts, and we don’t use any of them for illegitimate purposes, so as to draw the wrath of folks that can take that privilege away or lock us up.

As just a tongue in cheek thought though, Acetic Anhydride is highly reactive and not something to take lightly, as a review of the MSDS will clearly illustrate. It and other reactive chemicals will always and should always have someone paying attention to the qualifications of who is buying it.

If any of ya’ll decide to try this at home, might I highly recommend that you please first take the time to learn safe lab techniques?

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:20 PM #9
ElRubio

ElRubio has much to be proud ofElRubio has much to be proud ofElRubio has much to be proud ofElRubio has much to be proud ofElRubio has much to be proud ofElRubio has much to be proud ofElRubio has much to be proud ofElRubio has much to be proud ofElRubio has much to be proud ofElRubio has much to be proud ofElRubio has much to be proud of
Cool thread and experiment GrayWolf...

i dont have the products and knowledge needed to management this issue, but looks killer...

Thanx for share mate! Enjoy it!

They say it's lonely at the top, and whatever you do, You always gotta watch mother fuckers around you; Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth// So i'ma get more guys, to help me run the whole joint: Cultivate, multiply, motivate, or else we'll die. You know I be the master of the who what where and why See when you're shinin, some chumps'll wanna dull ya Always selfish jealous punks, will wanna pull ya Down, just like some shellfish in a bucket Cause they love it, to see your ass squirm like a worm...we all must meet our moment of truth...

Photobucket sucks!!Uploading all my pictures again...Check my album!
ElRubio is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2010, 10:11 PM #10
dingbat

dingbat will become famous soon enoughdingbat will become famous soon enough
I read about this in Cannibis Alchemy. Always wanted to try it, but just like ElRubio i dont have the products or the knowledge hehe.
Have you guys compared THC Acetate to Budder for potency? That would be really interesting.
dingbat is offline Quote