What's new

Best ACE sativa to keep short and trained

gr8fulguitr

Any opinions on the best ACE sativa to keep short with training.
I am leaning toward Congo or Golden Tiger or Bangi Haze. I would love to try Zamaldelica or Malawi with Panama in the running.

I have a short growing area and like to train horizontally.

Any Ideas are greatly appreciated.
THX:tiphat:

Hey guy, I haven't tried Bangi or Congo but out of the others you mention in my limited experience, the Zamaldelica fems I tried have the strongest lateral branching that would suit a horizontal grow and they didn't stretch toooo much.

vcasqui

I had 2xBangi Haze and 2xMalawi last year.

The BHs didn't like my LST, I guees that was because the stems (or branches) were a little bit thin, but maybe I did something wrong (it was my 2nd grow ever, and my first time LST'ing). The Malawi was much more trainable, with short internodes for a sativa and strong stems, even tho you may need to tutor her; the other malawi was a little bit more ¿stretchy?, with thinner stems but still trainable, even tho I chose not to because of my insecurities.

Borderliner

can train with lights uvb can cause dwarfism. I used excessive uvb in last grow and the Fem Malwai did side branching like crazy and loaded up with 127g dry wt in jars now.

gr8fulguitr

Hey guy, I haven't tried Bangi or Congo but out of the others you mention in my limited experience, the Zamaldelica fems I tried have the strongest lateral branching that would suit a horizontal grow and they didn't stretch toooo much.

Wow! great answers, Thanks you guys...:thank you:

Before this morining, I had Zamaldelica as my favorite possible, good to know about the branching.

I had 2xBangi Haze and 2xMalawi last year.

The BHs didn't like my LST, I guees that was because the stems (or branches) were a little bit thin, but maybe I did something wrong (it was my 2nd grow ever, and my first time LST'ing). The Malawi was much more trainable, with short internodes for a sativa and strong stems, even tho you may need to tutor her; the other malawi was a little bit more ¿stretchy?, with thinner stems but still trainable, even tho I chose not to because of my insecurities.

Good to hear about the Malawi

can train with lights uvb can cause dwarfism. I used excessive uvb in last grow and the Fem Malwai did side branching like crazy and loaded up with 127g dry wt in jars now.

Dwarfism from UVB, that is fantastic info. Never heard that before.
I have always liked the look of Malawi.

Now, I am between Congo and Zameldelica, but am scared of Malawi stretching above my lights. I am thinking of getting a taste of the malawi from the new Malawi x NL Auto. I have mostly grown indica dominant hybrids. My stash could use something different.

I have time to sort this out I need to recondition/reamend my soil. My PCK x KC is just about finished.

Any other Ideas are welcome.:tiphat:

Borderliner

Wow! great answers, Thanks you guys...:thank you:

Before this morining, I had Zamaldelica as my favorite possible, good to know about the branching.

Good to hear about the Malawi

Dwarfism from UVB, that is fantastic info. Never heard that before.
I have always liked the look of Malawi.

Now, I am between Congo and Zameldelica, but am scared of Malawi stretching above my lights. I am thinking of getting a taste of the malawi from the new Malawi x NL Auto. I have mostly grown indica dominant hybrids. My stash could use something different.

I have time to sort this out I need to recondition/reamend my soil. My PCK x KC is just about finished.

Any other Ideas are welcome.:tiphat:

if you read my malawi zamaldelica thread in sig folks chimed in with light reading and their research into dwarfism. I did not have light meter this run but the uvb lights used can be duplicated. The amare se450 uses repti sun uvb blub and the t5's available.

One strain tangerine dream did not do well with all the uvb so small at finish not worth it again. So finding a strain that responds well, yield still worth it, and with Fem Malawi plan to repeat this grow going with same lights as this grow. :tiphat:

Borderliner

if you do go excess uvb just fyi I veg'd that malawi 3 months it was 20 something in at flip. that's with uvb since start of veg. Starting in uvb in veg they say develops uvb receptors in young plants.

gr8fulguitr

brilliant. I have looked into reptile lights as supplememntal. I am currently running 4 CREE Cobs.
I will check out your journal. THX!!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I grow the Zamaldelica and like it very much.

Flowering from cuttings seem to allow better canopy/plant height.

Here's one I flowered for the Yogurt Cup Challenge a few years ago:

picture.php

She grew to 13", and dry yield was just under 4g.

Borderliner

View Image

Beautiful plant Dropped Cat, grew bonsi's few years and appreciate the work and art.:tiphat:

gr8fulguitr

View Image

:tiphat: That is so cool. I love watching those yogurt cup challenges ( ido not have the skills to enter)

I would be taking cuttings for sure.

akirabull

zamadelica is great for that, after select a mother ,clones are really manageable also a bit too much.....with some mistake i grow few bonsai at this run but is really a great strain. i tried fem version and i loved all phenotypes i found...serious sticky buds with strong smell and overpowering high

Lol I am micro growning a Zamal right now, about 117 days into flowering. I have another week to go then I am going to cut her down. It's very manageable if you lst from the beginning.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew the Panama and it only stretched 2x. I grow under LED very close to the plant though. I have been growing other sativas and find if I go in tent as much as everyday, I can either pinch the stem or bend it over, to keep the growth down. 18 inches tall with everything, as more than that and the weak lights will not penetrate enough.

nksv

I had no issues with Zamaldelica and I am very much a 'micro'. She was very vigorous but handled training etc really well...

akirabull

an example, 4 zamadelicas ,same pheno. biggers enter three week later in flower room and are 105-110 cm tall with pot, 70 without. smaller are 70-80 cm with pot, 40-50 without, 5 weeek from switch for biggers and 8 for smaller

Attachments

• IMG_20170508_183928 (1).jpg
    IMG_20170508_183928 (1).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 14

gr8fulguitr

an example, 4 zamadelicas ,same pheno. biggers enter three week later in flower room and are 105-110 cm tall with pot, 70 without. smaller are 70-80 cm with pot, 40-50 without, 5 weeek from switch for biggers and 8 for smaller

excellent. i think i can train a one meter plant no problem. that is very helpful:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I had a GT that finished at 20" and 17"s was main cola. I expect much more growth outside this year. I was try to add picture from phone. I suck at it I guess. The plant was beautiful and we'll received among friends. Peace

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Latest posts