What's new

The Swedish Chef in Shark infested waters (Great White Shark - Double DR-60's)

/cue Jaws theme

This is my second grow (1st grow here), and I'm attempting to go perpetual.

A quick rundown on equipment:

• 2 x Secret Jardin DR-60 (24in x 24in)
  • 2 x Sunblaze 24 T5 4-bulb
  • 2 x Botanicare (I think...) 22x22 tray
  • Galaxy 250w Digital Ballast
  • MH & HPS
  • Ecoplus 6in fan
  • Phresh 6x20 filter
  • Homemade bubble cloner
  • Various and sundry

Grow media and genetics:

• LC's mix (Promix HP) w/ dry fert recipe (see Organics For Beginners)
  • 3 gallon grow bags
  • Green House Seeds Great White Shark (feminized)

What might lurk behind these doors?
picture.php

The Shark Tank
picture.php

The Nursery
picture.php

Found a wire rack that kinda works, but not really. Still would like a better solution, but this will do for now
picture.php

The Bubba Trubba
picture.php

Roots take ~2 weeks at current temps
picture.php

I popped three seeds, all were healthy. When they were old enough to clone, I did, and once those clones had rooted, I had to ditch the big girls, due to space contraints. One of each were replanted in a small pot with plain LC's, and I'm feeding them with the Biobizz ferts I bought early this year. I think they already expired, and I hadn't used them yet, so I thought I'd put it to use.

The other set of clones were planted in grow bags, with ferted LC's mix. Once I found this recipe, I was sold. The food is in the soil, so you can water with....water. No ph'ing. I'm hoping to avoid that with the biobizz nutes as well, but we will see how that goes.

I do supplant every 2nd or 3rd watering with molasses, or Liquid Karma, or EWC tea.

The soon to be mama sharks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

On the other side, the open ocean
picture.php

Exhaust ducting from the veg tent. Second picture, the red arrows are on this exhaust, which in turn is one of the intakes on the flowering tent. The other vent in that picture is one of the intakes of the veg tent.
picture.php

picture.php

Open Sesame
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

6x20 Phresh filters the air before it goes up in the attic, through the fan
picture.php

And finally, the Galaxy + fan. Unforunately, this runs much hotter than I thought it would. How the fark I'm going to get this OUT of the closet, I don't know.
picture.php

Day 1 of flower was today. I'll post updates at least bi-weekly....ish... through harvest, which should be mid februarish. :tree:

Last edited:

OPT

Looks very sweet!

I would agree that the simple "LC mix" is very good shit, I use the same.
Good Luck

Opt

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i really like the idea of a cabinet enclosing two tents, very cool man!

everything looks awesome!
ArcticBlast

Thanks for popping in guys! As stated, full updates every 2 weeks (will make each picture update more interesting, I hope).

Some interesting differences so far between the phenos too. Pheno A took very well to topping (both veg plant and flower plant). B seems the healthiest (darkest green leaves) but does not appear to like being topped. Did an initial trim job on the flowering girls last night.

Took one of the remaining B clones and put into plain LC's in a 3 gallon bag. Feeding it with biobizz nutes, and letting it veg for only a few days before joining the other girls in the flower room, so it should be about 1 1/2 weeks behind the rest, and getting fed the biobizz nutes. I'm hoping the nutes aren't too old, but we will see how it goes.

Running to the garden center tomorrow to pick up some more promix and EWC. Going to start another LC's batch going soon to have more ferted soil on hand, want to give them a nice topdress feeding about 1 month into flower.

Bork

Greetings again, one and all. Two weeks have gone by, and things they are a-changing.

The different phenos are very apparent now, and it's already an issue. Pheno A has skyrocketed, and has at least 6 inches on the B&C Phenos.

Pheno B[/] is the shortest and stockiest. Did not seem to care for being topped too much. I decided to flower out another clone of this that had rooted, hereafter called BB. BB is in plain LC's mix and is getting fed BioBizz nutes, unlike the other three. I vegged only for a few days before flowering. The oteher three are on day 14, BB is on day 7. I am not topping her, instead letting her grow a single cola.

Pheno C is somewhere inbetween the two others.

So, two weeks have passed. I've kept the MH light in until now. I'm putting the HPS in tomorrow. I may or may not run the MH again the last few weeks.

Oh, and I got a new camera! =)

Inside the flower tent, day 14 (front left is BB, on day 7)
picture.php

PHENO-A
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PHENO-B
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PHENO-C
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And the veggie side. Once I decide on a pheno, there will only be one over here, and I'll get started on the selection for a Space Queen pheno.
picture.php

Very pleased with the progress so far, all the plants are looking healthy. Irked that one of the phenos is so tall, but I was kind of expecting it as well, so it's ok. Yield on this first run won't be very high. I'm going to take a best guess in late flower of which pheno it is that I want to keep, and take 4-6 cuts of it (depending on which pheno it is. If it's A, since it's sprawling, it will be fewer plants. If it's B, I'll pack them in there as tight as I can.)

Oh, almost forgot. After I took the pictures I fed the flowering girls and trimmed the two week old ones. Last grow, I didn't take off enough undergrowth, resulting in too much popcorn. Hopefully I didn't take too much off this time, lol.

Anyways, that's it for now, see ya in a few weeks!

Day late and a dollar short

Day late and a dollar short

Been burning the candle at both ends lately, and vaping a feeeeew too many bags of Sour D!

Yes, vaping! Finally picked up a vape, been wanting to for a long time, but the entry fee was too steep. A friend found me a too-good-to-pass-up deal on an Extreme, and I bit the bullet, and I couldn't be happier.

Although, instead of making shit last longer, I think it shot my tolerance through the roof, and I just go through bag after bag, lol.

Anyways, the ladies were at Day 28 yesterday, so it was time for another update.

Not much new to report. Mostly healthy growth, the only slightly off plant is C. She is not doing too hot in the bio bizz veg nutes in the other tent either, so I think she is going to get tossed.

Plant B is looking very nice, short, compact, very well defined Indica, but she looks like she will underproduce. I believe Plant A will be the winner for the keeper.

I got everything together for my new, slightly larger, and darker bubble cloner. Now I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish it up, most likely this weekend (and I will take clones shortly after). Also picked up an aquarium heater, going to be needed now that temps have dropped.

Still looking for good deals on high-end fans (elicent/vortex) to replace the cheapy I have now. Think I found the best possible price on an 8 inch vortex. Now I'm looking for the best deal on a replacement filter.

Those will be the next two items purchased ($$$ :( ), at which point I will re-configure my exhaust, pulling equally from both tents into a box, where the filter will sit. I'm hoping the 8in fan will be quiet enough to hang in my closet, rather than the attic, where the cheap fan is now.

I think I'm going to give the girls a nice top-fill/feed this weekend as well.

Picture time!

Plant A - Day 28

This is likely the keeper. She was 8-10 inches taller than the other plants, had to tie down her main cola.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

To be continued... (image limit of 25, how about that?)

Meh....ugh, doing this through tor is so slow, and it farked up my second set of pictures, and i'm exhausted, so this'll have to wait til tomorrow.

OK, lets try again, see if this works better now….

Plant B - Day 28

Second choice, would probably do great in a SOG, but I don't want to run big plant numbers.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Plant C - Day 28

Some kind of defficiency, doesn't seem to like the veg nutes either. Won't be making the cut.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Group Shot

picture.php

Note the shorty in the front, she's on day 21 in BioBizz nutes. Will trim the bottom few buds off here shortly.

And here's what I did Christmas Eve before bed. Forgot all about it, just found the pics on my camera tonight ^^

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Unless something exciting happens, back in two weeks.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
damn dude! nice update lol, i dont know what to comment on first :joint:

nice plants! nice bowls! nice stash (and stash jars lol)! nice smoke session, i bet! i love kief bowls

take care dude
ArcticBlast

Hey Arctic, thanks a lot!

I've got a bunch of those 420 jars, and while I do love them, I think they have a few issues.

These smaller ones, I forget what size they are, but an ounce of headies fits very tightly in one...I think the glass on them is too sheer! I was taking the lid off one when I heard a "crunch" and felt it loosen in my hand. It had split right up the side!

I've been very gently with them ever since then (not that I was very rough before).

A bud had the gallon size, incredible jars, fraking HEAVY, and the lid was this massive clump of glass. The lid fit on so friggen tight that you really had to work it, and pay attention to what you're doing, and NOT do it over a tile floor, lol.

Long story short, when the lid finally popped off, it really popped off, did a 360 and smashed back into the jar....which was full at the time. Glass EVERYWHERE. =(

That said, the lids sit on TIGHT and tons of cool designs. I'd stay away from the gallon size (lid was just too unwieldy).

The smoke session must have been nice, because I completely forgot about it hahaha. :)

Dödsknark

Wow man!

Some serious frost on those plants! And beautiful spoons! And a really tight setup! And very tasty looking sift there! And and and I could go on...

I'll be watching this. Please keep the updates coming! I'll enjoy them :D

Thanks for checking out my grow Knark, glad ya like!

That sift was a bunch of different strains collected over months. This, however, is pure sour diesel goodness, about 20 grams ground and gently sifted.

picture.php

:D

All three moms were starting to look pretty decrepid, but my new super-deluxe bubble tubble ain't quite ready yet, so I did an emergency haircut on all three girls and stuck the cuttings in ziplocs in the fridge. Hope it works, they should only be in stasis for a few days.

The new cloner turned out pretty pimp, if I do say so myself (and I do). You'll see it next update, or before if I unlazy (low likelyhood).

Clones will be in the tub in the next day or two, and will hopefully have at least 2 weeks veg by the time this crop is done.

I plan on monocropping Pheno A, but I'm not 100% committed to that yet.

On a side note, I have been getting absolutely wrecked off my new vape since shortly after christmas. My only regret is not getting one sooner.

Back once again with the ill behavior

Back once again with the ill behavior

Howdy folks, time for another update.

Flower tank is coming along nicely. The three big girls are on day 42. I plan on taking them to 65 days this first run.

PHENO A

Frosty, frosty girl. This is the one that I will be mono-cropping in the next run (keeps fingers crossed that the clones root and survive). Not the biggest buds, but she is the frostiest, and shows the most sativa traits of the bunch.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PHENO B

The shortest of the bunch, and second in resin production. This first one is also at day 42, and is growing in LC's mix with dry ferts (as are A & C). This one had about a week of veg, and was topped.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PHENO B - BIOBIZZ NUTES

This cut is a week behind in flowering (Day 35). She is in plain LC's mix, and has been getting fed with BioBizz Grow & Bloom (and occasional molasses + Liquid Karma). She seems to like the Bio Bizz!

She was only vegged for about 48 hrs after rooting, and she was not topped (tried to lollipop her). FROSTY! Shines nicer that her sister in the dry ferts.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Continues...(image limit)

PHENO C

Still not sure what to think of this girl! Though that is actually true for them all until they are smoked.

She doesn't like the BioBizz grow formula, and she doesn't seem to care for the dry ferts either (her leaves have never looked really healthy, much lighter than the other two girls). But damn, she's got some monkey paws on her!

Unfortunately, her resin production is lower than the other two girls, probably due to whatever the deficiency she has is.

I want to make my life as simple as possible, so she probably won't be kept. However, if her smoke blows me away, I might have to see what I can tweak to make her happier. If I keep her, I'm calling her "cock n balls" because of her growth structure, looks like a twig and berries, see if ya know what I mean.

Interesting note, she is maturing from the bottom up.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GROUP SHOT

picture.php

VEG TENT

Here we have the mama's and the babies.

picture.php

Mom's aren't looking too hot, but they have definately bounced back a bit, and should be ok IF I need to take another round of cuttings.

picture.php

Built a new cloner! Don't know how well it's going to work, but I pimped it out! :) I added an on/off valve for the air, so that it can be easily disconnected, dual stones, thermometer, and heater. Though I think I need a bigger airpump to drive the two stones, and I forget to cut a hole for the heater cord!

I added 3ml/gal H202 35% (Hydrogen Peroxide) to hopefully keep root rot away.

picture.php

picture.php

The little heater I got seems to do the job. Temps WERE in the high 60's, heater brought it to the mid 70's.

picture.php

---

Hoping a good percentage of those girls root, though a few are looking pretty haggard. They were in stasis for 4 days. Everything that roots goes in the smallest pots I have (don't know their actual size, but it's what the current mama's are in). This last batch I planted directly into the 3 gallon bags, and I think that was a mistake. This time I will transplant once, and (hopefully) veg longer.

Next run will be all about quantity, as I will TRY to fit in 5 plants, mono-cropped (hopefully a nice flat canopy). I know this harvest will be fairly meager, but I hope to pop at least a qp next time.

Oh, and I don't have a choice in the matter, the only way I'm going to properly control temps is with an a/c, so I picked one up today. Mounting it and building a box for it are going to be a BITCH! I made a half hearted attempt to get it up on the top shelf, but all I managed to do was hurt myself, lol. I'm going to have to build another shelf, so there's a little more construction coming up. But that's the only way I'll be able to close up the closet.

Progress progress. Although I am operational, I am a ways from done. Here's what I consider to be left to do:

1. Install this A/C and get it up and running (involves additional work removing old a/c duct, but not much)
2. Purchase either Elicent or Vortex 8" (or maaaaaaaaybe S&P, but I doubt it). Install IN CLOSET (on the theory that bigger fan, running at slower speeds = much quieter)
3. Purchase new Phresh filter. Build box for it, and set up Y ducting for the two tents.
4. Do something about the crappy and big-ass fan in the flower chamber
5. Settle on a GWS mother, and find a Space Queen mother
6. Get a couple of harvests under my belt.

Actually, only step 1-4 is needed to be done. Add step 5&6 to leave me satisfied.

Ripshot

hey Bork im just wondering, how do you water those plants in the grow bags in the flowering chamber? do you just flood the tray or water from the top? if so what do you use to do that?

Hey Ripshot, thanks for stopping by.

I'm afraid I am still hand watering, with just a simple watering can. I'll often take one of the four out, to give more room to move around while I'm watering.

I do have a Blumat setup that I'm dying to use, but there are more important projects to take care of first, like number 1-4 in the post above.

Last edited: