What's new

Blumat auto watering

TLoft13

To tell the truth we could REALLY need a short, concise Blumat tutorial. I've read the whole thread when it was around 90 pages long, takes a long time when you're no native speaker. And much of it is useless clutter(no offense to anybody) when you just wanna know "how to setup my room with blumats".
Now it's 133 pages long, i already DREAD the day when i finally upgrade to blumats and have to slog through this monster again....

G

greenmatter

To tell the truth we could REALLY need a short, concise Blumat tutorial. I've read the whole thread when it was around 90 pages long, takes a long time when you're no native speaker. And much of it is useless clutter(no offense to anybody) when you just wanna know "how to setup my room with blumats".
Now it's 133 pages long, i already DREAD the day when i finally upgrade to blumats and have to slog through this monster again....

good post!

it's easy to forget that english is not what everybody reads every day.

if someone actually puts together a "condensed" version of this thread i know i will have that one tagged too. ....... but i will still be happy i read the book before the movie version was released:biggrin:

kcoc

bleach ok?

bleach ok?

Should I be worried about bleach eating though the brown tubing? I'm using it @ 1ml per 10gal in my reservoir and so far I haven't seen any problems but I've only been doing it for 2 weeks.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That seems like a pretty low concentration to worry about. You might do a search on Lazyman's posts - I know he was using bleach to run a dead rez, but don't remember how much he was adding.

Tyga

Veteran
Anybody run blumat's outside? Would the rain mess with them? Or would they just stop dripping once the cone sensed the soil was completely saturated? Been debating doing an outdoor and hooking up some Maxi's to a 55 Gal. drum...

Also for people who have trouble with these just read the instructions haha very simple! My first set I ripped open the box and started setting them up without reading any directions
(Bad habbit) and they flooded me instantly and I ripped them out.
6 Months later decided to give them another shot and READ the directions ;P they are legit the best thing's Ive EVER purchased... I love not having to wrestle under a bunch of stinky plants trying to hand water. Thats a straight NIGHTMARE.
I also noticed a slight increase in yield? I would imagine because the plant's never get stressed from an over/under watering and the root system isn't disturbed by hand watering.

G

greenmatter

i'm pretty sure the man who started this thread is/was using them outside ....... and loved em

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Outdoors

Outdoors

Anybody run blumat's outside? Would the rain mess with them? Or would they just stop dripping once the cone sensed the soil was completely saturated? Been debating doing an outdoor and hooking up some Maxi's to a 55 Gal. drum...

Also for people who have trouble with these just read the instructions haha very simple! My first set I ripped open the box and started setting them up without reading any directions
(Bad habbit) and they flooded me instantly and I ripped them out.
6 Months later decided to give them another shot and READ the directions ;P they are legit the best thing's Ive EVER purchased... I love not having to wrestle under a bunch of stinky plants trying to hand water. Thats a straight NIGHTMARE.
I also noticed a slight increase in yield? I would imagine because the plant's never get stressed from an over/under watering and the root system isn't disturbed by hand watering.
Tyga is offline Add to Tyga's Reputation Report Post

First started using B-Ms outdoors, gorilla style. Two seasons.
Works awesome .
I also think properly set up B-Ms will meet or beat any hydro system.
I have used both, I like these WAY better!
I now look in on things about once a week or less.

Last edited:

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran

For the "condensed version", just read the directions!
From "useless clutter" arise new ideas!

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
peoples laziness/ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

this is a thread on par with Simon's curing thread, Julian's OD epic-ness, and SelfHemployed's stadium thread.

i like the fact that Tyga admittited to taking my advice from last month; just read the directions............

Peace and Props,

RBDF

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
and yes, Tyga, there is an increase in yield..... and finish time. shaved 3-4 days with my SourD, a few more with the chemD.

starting a 60-80 plant blumat vert grow, gonna need at least 30 new carrots......pricey

RBDF

Latest posts

Latest posts