What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uprooting a plant

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Here's the skinny.

I have a great NL Autos that grow into 6-10' giants. They're regular seeds and 1 out of 20 (sometimes 1 - 40) I get this tiny Indica pheno no more than 10-12" high, is near flowering and much much faster than the normal autos. It's all but impossible to find it when they're seedlings. I want to isolate it and breed a nice balcony plant.

1. Can I dig it up and pot it so I can work with it indoor without killing it?
  2. And about a male with the same phenotype, how the heck could I find that? I pulled out about 200 males this year and never saw one dwarf.

This is from last year.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
I see no reason why you can't dig it up if you're careful and get as much soil as possible with it.
To breed with, either you find a male and female phenotype like this dwarf to breed with or maybe
you can breed with it as is and select plants from the F2 generation who have the same recessive
genes who behave like this and line breed them.

I think pure Ruderalis are short plants. The Lowryder strain was a dwarf plant too.