What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone try Terpinator?

boprop77

I baught some just to give a try. So far I have only used for 2 feedings starting at week 3 of bloom at 20ml per gallon. An I can definitely vouch for it for resin production. I am weeks from harvest so I won't be able to judge there potency claim but I will post on that later. I took before and after pics there about 4 or 5 days apart there is a much noticeable diff of resin heads.

rykus

Lots of people raving about it around my area, going to try it this round I think, ill update if I see a difference

B

bigganjabud

It's not really a bigger visual diffence just a few more trichs and much deeper smells and flavours

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I give it a mild thumbs down.

My own tests seem to suggest, Terpinator works better in higher concentrations, It does tend to help with aroma in a positive way. I would say diesels are "louder".

So knowing that it does work from my data point I looked into terpinator formulation.

1) I asked a lab to deformulate Terpinator, but they wanted 15,000 for that service.. Yeah.. that didn't happen. Not to mention the e-mails with me asking Technaflora whats in the stuff?.. they totally stonewalled me telling me it was propriatary.

2) I looked at the MSDS and the ingredient of interest is Potassium Sulfate.

I have been trying to bump up the sulfur content with So-Po-Mag, Epsoms, langebenite.. etc.. seems to be working for me.. Like my GSC grow.. Dems' some stanky flowers :)

Sorry to bump an old thread but figured it was better than making a new one. When do you guys add the terpinator to your water? Do you add it before or after your nutrient?

shaggyballs

Veteran
I give it a mild thumbs down.

My own tests seem to suggest, Terpinator works better in higher concentrations, It does tend to help with aroma in a positive way. I would say diesels are "louder".

So knowing that it does work from my data point I looked into terpinator formulation.

1) I asked a lab to deformulate Terpinator, but they wanted 15,000 for that service.. Yeah.. that didn't happen. Not to mention the e-mails with me asking Technaflora whats in the stuff?.. they totally stonewalled me telling me it was propriatary.

2) I looked at the MSDS and the ingredient of interest is Potassium Sulfate.

I have been trying to bump up the sulfur content with So-Po-Mag, Epsoms, langebenite.. etc.. seems to be working for me.. Like my GSC grow.. Dems' some stanky flowers :)

Think hidden phytohormones
:smoke out:
Shag

macdiesel

IN my experience, I liken Terpinator to jaz rose spray. With my use, terpinator halted bud growth and iced everything out. Jaz rose spray does the same thing. If you're going to use, use late in flower. Jaz makes the plant react as if it were being attacked by bugs so it stops bud growth and focuses on trich production for protection. In my opinion, Terpinator simulates the same thing. I bet people have had hermies using terpinator for this same reason.

Rondon

Bingo!!! Its whats in all of the bottled additives. Hormones humic/fulvics and then you can get into the chitosan and triacontinol. Whats in Terpinator besides potassium sulfate is the phytohormones. Iam on the fence about it personally. Some strains in my stable respond really well to it. Others...not so much. You hqve to use at least 20ml. per gallon and bump it up throughout the grow topping off at 25 to 30 ml. Its not a deal breaker. But some gear it bumps up smell and terpene production. It also CAN produce slightly more visible trichomes. To be honest ...a slight bump in magnesium and potassium sulfate alone in mid flower does damn near the same thing.

F

Foolonthehill

I've used it many times in an organic setup at 40ml/gal starting 2 weeks before bloom cycle, it increases terpenes production, budz are louder in smell and taste and it will improve potency a bit, works great on og's. That's my experience with it.

picture.php

IndustrialHemp

Works Great.

Works Great.

I have been using it on my grow currently and it is my first time. I can say that this product does work! The amount of THC content on my buds/fan leaves is great, better then in my past grows. I would def tell anyone growing to try this product.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Its expensive as hell as it's mostly water. I have 1600 gallons of flowering reservoirs, changed weekly. That shit is like $140 a gallon isn't it? At 20/ml per gallon i would use 32 liters of it a week, or 8.5 gallons. Times what, 6 weeks? Would cost over $7k per run, lol.

It sounds like a watered-down version of Humboldt Snowstorm or Gravity, with a drop of Superthrive (triacontanil, alfalfa extract) thrown in.

Bah humbug!

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Its expensive as hell as it's mostly water. I have 1600 gallons of flowering reservoirs, changed weekly. That shit is like $140 a gallon isn't it? At 20/ml per gallon i would use 32 liters of it a week, or 8.5 gallons. Times what, 6 weeks? Would cost over $7k per run, lol.

I came up with the same conclusion after running it in a hydro system a 10th of the that size. It wasn't cost effective. Its effective, but only at higher doses. If I wanted "better" I'm more inclined to switch my cut or tighten up my environment.

There are two schools of thought on Terpinator formulation, neither are backed with lab proof.

ICMAG: Terpinator is potassium sulfate + phytohormones, chitosan. etc..

(Other forum): Terpinator is molasses + potassium sulfate.

The only "proof" I see is the G.A on the label plus the MSDS evidence, everthing else other than the potassium sulfate is just speculation.

Should be able to make a 4% solution of potassium sulfate for cheaper. If you really think about it, the max solubility of potassium sulfate is around 11% at room temp. Explains the dilution rate.

Another thing to think about is hormones. "if" they were in terpinator, the dilute formula could be like that for a reason. Some hormones need to be dissolved into an aqueous solution with alcohol or an alkaline solution.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I use it, and will always use it. Well worth the added cost to make my buds super frosty.

There's a grower on another forum (Dr who) who posted up a tek on how to make your own.

Rondon

The bigger growers....no way would i use that or any other bottles. This shit is meant for home hyxroponics HOBBYISTS for the most part. It would be way cost prohibitive to run any of that shit in them bigger grow ops. Use potassium sulfate salts and call it a day. Terpinator isnt THAT good.

GoneP

Tried it for one run, didn't like it. pricey if running to waste for sure. im now using banana manna for this run, and so far, it's very noticeably increased resin production and aromas compared to terpinator. plus, it's a lot more affordable.

IN my experience, I liken Terpinator to jaz rose spray. With my use, terpinator halted bud growth and iced everything out. Jaz rose spray does the same thing. If you're going to use, use late in flower. Jaz makes the plant react as if it were being attacked by bugs so it stops bud growth and focuses on trich production for protection. In my opinion, Terpinator simulates the same thing. I bet people have had hermies using terpinator for this same reason.

Wow, this post just hit me like a brick!! I used Terpinator my first grow in a tent and just like you mentioned it triched all of my plants out like crazy and brought out the dankest aromas but bud production came to an absolute halt. I always thought that I over watered my plants but out of 25 plants or so every plant had small ass buds at harvest but a ridiculous amount of resin. I haven't used Terpinator since and not because I thought it affected yield but because like a few others mentioned it was just too expensive. When I did use it I was mixing 15-20 ml per gallon once a week with a normal feeding schedule in soil and I began the very first week of flowering up until flushing the plants the last two weeks. How late in flower would you recommend using Terpinator in flower? Although it killed my yield I can't deny how DANKED out my plants were.