What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Say it ain't so,Joe.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Turns out being a money grubbing scumbag doesn't end with retirement from government servce.

That "Pillar of American Values" and former candidate for President of the United States, Joe Lieberman has shown his true colors as well..

Read on fellow freedom loving Americans:

Former Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) has officially filed as a lobbyist for Chinese telecom company ZTE, registration forms released Wednesday confirmed.

ZTE has long been under fire from U.S. officials and members of Congress who say the company could endanger national security by providing espionage opportunities for the Chinese government.

Though the well-connected Lieberman was thought to be hired to help take pressure off of the embattled ZTE, his firm Kasowitz Benson Torres (KBT) — the law firm of President Donald Trump’s longtime personal attorney Marc Kasowitz — tells a different story.

Clarine Nardi Riddle, chair of the firm’s Government Affairs and Strategic Counsel Practice Group and Lieberman’s former chief of staff in the Senate who also registered as a lobbyist for ZTE, said Lieberman is not actually “lobbying” for ZTE but rather is gathering concerns about the company from lawmakers and officials.

“Senator Lieberman is conducting a national security assessment investigation, where he will listen to congressional, executive branch, and customer national security concerns, but will not be attempting to influence them nor advocate on ZTE’s behalf,” Nardi Riddle told the Center for Responsive Politics in an email.

It continues,but I feel like I'm gonna throw up,so read on if you feel the need:

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/20...rs-as-lobbyist-for-chinese-telecom-giant-zte/

St. Phatty

I used to buy their smartphones, to use the camera.

Never had a problem with them, until now.

Lieberman is a proud member of the Connecticut gun-grabbing think-they're-elite club.

Oh well, corporate marketing does stuff like this.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
it always surprises me when someone is surprised by govt corruption or has an idol sell his soul for filthy lucre.

St. Phatty

A. Get a government job as a regulator.

B. Do LOTS of favors for the people you're supposed to regulate.

C. Resign the gov. job after 20 years & Get a job with the people you were supposed to regulate.

I read about the corruption in Sochi, where many of the contractors were possibly Putin friends who got contracts for the Olympics.

But I'm pretty sure the Russians are amateurs when it comes to corruption - compares to the US-Saudi-Israeli crime syndicate.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
A. Get a government job as a regulator.

B. Do LOTS of favors for the people you're supposed to regulate.

C. Resign the gov. job after 20 years & Get a job with the people you were supposed to regulate.

I read about the corruption in Sochi, where many of the contractors were possibly Putin friends who got contracts for the Olympics.

But I'm pretty sure the Russians are amateurs when it comes to corruption - compares to the US-Saudi-Israeli crime syndicate.

don't sell them short. they are good at it & getting better...:tiphat:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
LIKE A BOSS, a real boss, which goes a long way in explaining the hold he has on trump and why trump acts subservient around him,

Trump recognizes who's the boss, and it's not him!!!:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts