What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

thebone

Stitch is there anything you can tell me by the pics I posted?? I have transplanted in a new pot and new soil. It seems this all started when I first fed it with 20-24-13 at hald a teaspoon per gallon. It was doing wonderful until this.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
well for one dont use that fert its to strong and its not balanced and im sure it will lock out other micronutes from it not being balanced out enough

anything over 20 is a waste
you was using that fert in veg right?

the pics look like a calcium deficiency or potassium deficiency

where at on the plant is it affected? upper middle?

middle lower?

Last edited:

thebone

MynameStitch said:
well for one dont use that fert its to strong and its not balanced and im sure it will lock out other micronutes from it not being balanced out enough

anything over 20 is a waste
you was using that fert in veg right?

the pics look like a calcium deficiency or potassium deficiency

where at on the plant is it affected? upper middle?

middle lower?
*EDIT*

it was 20-14-13 and not 20-24-13
Yes for vegging
Top and middle. Safe to use in smaller quantities??? or no? sorry I am indeed a rookie, and the fellas helping me before were over at OG? Can you recommend a decent fert??

:frown:

Either way thank you for the help I appreciate it! Like I said this is just practice, and I am doing oe plant at a time, just want to get this down as my femaleseeds White Widow just sprouted.

Last edited:
G

please help

please help

i was talking to gcg about how i miss the faq's on overgrow and told him i wished that we had that info here on icmag.to my surprise he pointed me at you guys and i must say well done the only thing i thought to myslef is man there need to be more pics for hustler types you know more pics less words he he :bat: but really i need help can any one see the white dots on the leaves what the hell are they i know there not mold as they don't wash off well thanks in advanced

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
dezylu said:
i was talking to gcg about how i miss the faq's on overgrow and told him i wished that we had that info here on icmag.to my surprise he pointed me at you guys and i must say well done the only thing i thought to myslef is man there need to be more pics for hustler types you know more pics less words he he :bat: but really i need help can any one see the white dots on the leaves what the hell are they i know there not mold as they don't wash off well thanks in advanced

MITES
Sin

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
yup it looks like spider mites there
you check the underside of the leaves? check the spidermites section of my guide you wil see good pics of what they look like and where they hide

Hey np bone dont worry about you being new we all have to start somewhere
what nutrients do you have available? like what places can you get ferts from and then i can reccomend what is best that you can get ahold of

thebone

MynameStitch said:
yup it looks like spider mites there
you check the underside of the leaves? check the spidermites section of my guide you wil see good pics of what they look like and where they hide

Hey np bone dont worry about you being new we all have to start somewhere
what nutrients do you have available? like what places can you get ferts from and then i can reccomend what is best that you can get ahold of
wal-mart, home depot, menards...ummm k mart I am in the us in a fairly well populated area.

we really have no specialty stores tho that I know of. There was a chain of franks stores but the went under.

I guess what confuses me the most is it was doing great on my tap water ph around 7.8-8.0, then all hell broke loose with the RO water and 20-14-13.

Last edited:
G

thats what i was afraid of i looked in my micorscope and there they where dam it only about 3 weeks til harvest too any ideas?????? what should i do

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
when you use RO water it nearly takes and purifys the water to a very low ppm and alot of nutrients have been removed

you have to have good micros and npk if your using RO water

its pretty much pure water

i would go with something that is not over 20
anything is good to use
schultz all purpose plant food is good

i used to use MG all purpose for flowering and then MG tomato for veg

there are others too
if you can check out those websites and see what ones they got i got to add some of the ones you can buy in the store to the list of here im not done with adding what nutrients can fix what yet
i have to get around doing that

oo anyone who has fungus gant larvae i need pics :)

dez get some sticky traps and some neem or safer soap and use all of them
but use safer soap for now and sticky traps

or neem and sticky traps either one but since you have a bad infestation it looks like get the neem and sticky traps out and check the rest under the pest section of this guide

thebone

MynameStitch said:
when you use RO water it nearly takes and purifys the water to a very low ppm and alot of nutrients have been removed

you have to have good micros and npk if your using RO water

its pretty much pure water

i would go with something that is not over 20
anything is good to use
schultz all purpose plant food is good

i used to use MG all purpose for flowering and then MG tomato for veg

there are others too
if you can check out those websites and see what ones they got i got to add some of the ones you can buy in the store to the list of here im not done with adding what nutrients can fix what yet
i have to get around doing that

oo anyone who has fungus gant larvae i need pics :)

dez get some sticky traps and some neem or safer soap and use all of them
but use safer soap for now and sticky traps

or neem and sticky traps either one but since you have a bad infestation it looks like get the neem and sticky traps out and check the rest under the pest section of this guide

Thanks again, I will keep you updated!

spicecowboy

Awsome thread, really!

Maybe I can add my own experiences later, after having recovered from this shock.

Really good work!

spice

spicecowboy

I can tell you all a lot about powdery mildew, a serious problem that can ruin your whole crop.

Actually I plan to start a thread about the mildew and other problems like budrot and spidermites.

Actually I have a strange thing going on.

Too bad I got no pictures to post at the moment(definitely have to get myself a digicam..).- but let me try to describe it.

Some of the lower leaves became totally crippled and crispy dry overnight, with strange yellowish spots, and a yellow-brownish to almost dark green colour(on the leavetips).

This happened on two plants(2 males by the way as I detected today/- both are Serious Seed´s "Kali Mist".)

The other plants("High Sierra", NL#5XHaze, Sativa Kush) only look a little effected, but not as scary,-despite one plant(a female), and guess the strain?- It´s a Kali Mist.

I´ve been growing this strain for almost 6 years now, and I know that it´s very sensitive.

Fortunately the female Kali doesn´t look as bad as her male companions(soon to be killed..)- only one leaf shows this type of "necrosis" so far.

So the question is: What did I do wrong?

Too many nutes can´t be the problem, as I use my proven soil mix as usual and didn´t feed them so far.

I must confess that I had some watering problems(letting get the soil very dry before watering again/I mean, it´s good to let the soil get dry enough,- but too much is too much,- so maybe that could be the reason?

However...

I watered them good with enough patience* tonight, and then(maybe 3 hrs later) gave them some organic fertilizer(N: 4%/P: 6%/K: 8%)

Let´s see what´s gonna happen.

* With "patience" I mean: Letting the water get the right temperature, water them once, then wait 5-10 minutes and water again instead of pouring water on dry soil like a maniac...

Unfortunately it seems like I only got 3 females left(from about 16 seeds of many diffenrent strains).

Well, that´s what I call the opposite of a lucky beginning.

Gonna transplant the femmes to BIG pots as soon as I can.

I´m aware of the fact that 3 plants can even yield more than 7/square meter, especially Sativas.

So I´m gonna let the remaining girls veg a little longer, gonna give them a cut and then go to 12/12.

That and some better watering, organic nutes and CO2 should be enough to grow 3 monster bushes that perfectly fill the space (hopefully)

The females left are:

1 Kali Mist, 1 Nl#5XHaze and 1 "Sativa Kush"(still don´t know about the genetical makeup, but(despite the "Kush" in it´s name, this pheno clearly looks like a Sativa).

Only 3 females left,-oh my...

Well, at least I got the Kali( my favorite so far) and the NL#5Haze(my second favorite..).

Don´t know about the "Sativa Kush", but it looks pretty promising so far.

One Love,

spice

spicecowboy

Actually I didn´t want to give an advice!

Just metioned that I have some experience with different kinds of mold and pests.

The other part of my post was rather self centered, as I reall would like to know what the f...is going on with my plants...

Best wishes,

spice

20kw dreams

Oh NO! Not Stitch again!

Oh NO! Not Stitch again!

I feel it is my obligation to let all of you know:

Stitch is responsible for more plant deaths that any single person in the world.:moon:

Intrinsic_

20kw dreams said:
I feel it is my obligation to let all of you know:

Stitch is responsible for more plant deaths that any single person in the world.:moon:
Hmmm… I Know she help save a couple of mine on the first grow. I was such a noob and she was so patient and correct.

Yet I’ve read many of her posts and taken advice from ‘em, Nope no plants died; Not even close. One growers experience.

20kw dreams, Why.. why do think that?

Latest posts

Latest posts