What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mandala #1 questions for the outdoor grower.

crfhonda

Im thinking about doing some mandala #1 outdoors this year i have read all the reports in the strain guide in this forum. I would appreciate some more info if anyone could give me any. A detailed smoke report would be awesome. And just some general growing characteristics of the plant. Is there more then one pheno? How mold resistant is it. If you had some mold could you go in detail about the conditions when the mold started. Some pictures would be very awesome as well.

Thank you.

Last edited:

FireFly22

Well I don't have a lot of followers yet but I'll give my 2 cents...its all I got.
Mandala #1 field grown should not be planted too early in the spring as this will encourage later blooming. They grow and clone like a dream from seed and will generate a large stem.
Outdoor if they get direct sun they will put out large fan leaves that are very dark. Like a foot long.
Typical bloom starts around August 5th at the 45th, and can take up to 65 days to finish depending on the pheno.
The pheno's will be from green to purple, some all green, some with purple stem and some with purple buds.
There are early and fast phenos that will yield well unlike other strains that tend to have poor yields in the early phenos.
This past season the early pheno began molding from the inside out, which I not experience before. This was dew to several weeks of poor weather in mid September.
The plants are all open type with good internode lenght, and can yield up to 400g in ideal conditions, 200g is ez.
The buds are fast to harvest being so hard and chunky with only a few bud leaves. Resin content is variable depending on the pheno. My early pheno was the most resiny.
Hash from trim is nice and blond, with a great speedy effect but, there is little trim for this.
The finished product needs a good cure, as the flavors are subtle. the buds have a great bag appeal as they are rock hard. The buzz hits fast, and is heady, I find I forget what I'm talking about. Its last 45 min for me but I have a high tolerance. The smoke is smooth and lightly scented.
That's my 2 cents. Nice plants, justs wish they where all the early pheno, and a little more buzz, all in all this could be a great commercial plant, ez care, trim and hard buds.

FireFly22

One pic

Attachments

• IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 17

tripa

some more from me:
I've grown it last year here at 46N, from 10seeds only 2 made it through, but they were moved to nice location at july, 30cm tall and grew to about 1m till they started to flower. One was all green, the other was red pheno that is on the pictures. Both plants had the nicest smell i've smelled over quite a few strains, the most resinous and compact buds i've seen from outdoor aswell.

But there was a problem in the end. I got some of rotten buds in the beginning...so I chopped them at around 5. oct. and tried to dry it outdoors...later on few days i discovered half of the plant all rotten, so I didn't get a lot of nice buds(maybe 10g).

I know both the size and rot was my fault, so I decided to definedly take mandala#1 once more and grow it in 2010 cuz I'm sure

she's got potentials!

tripa

fotografija0126.jpg

fotografija0128.jpg

fotografija0127.jpg

Plant in the picture is mandala#! rasta pheno i got :D very nice very compact buds and a lot of resin.