What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba D-Chem D x Pre-98 Bubba (fems)

jakespeed

Veteran
thx VG, they all smell the same , the one in the middle is the most strongest smell, Im getting classic bubba with a touch of skunk smell. Bubba goes around here , but I have always wanted to have my own bubba , so I think your combo will beat whats here. I got two packs, so I will keep diggin

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
should be fun!

keep us posted, this cross shows a definite increase in vigor to the bubba, and it seems that the terps are more on the bubba side which is odd because i would say that the chem funk is generally more true breeding than the bubba funk. i think schmavis got some chem leaners..

jakespeed

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are looking lovely.... and very chunky buds... chunkier than the bubba or the D for sure...

How long have they flowered in those pics ?

VG

jakespeed

Veteran
right on thx, I think they are 40 days, this cabinet has a 40 inch ceiling, by 3.5ft x 6 ft grow space , I have 4 x 240w kingbright QB 3500k reds uv ir boards in there. I use gh 10ml bloom, 9ml micro and 5ml cal mag, coco soil, RO water, feed every time . The plant on the far left reminds me of bubba the way it grows and smells, a little bit of a leaf wagon , but what I was after was that turp profile and better leaf ratio and little better speed without loosing the bubba profile , I have tried over the years to get something better, and this is the closest I have come, the plant in the middle smells identical to bubba, the far right is a combo of the two I think

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great, yes the idea of getting a bubba-like cut with a bit more vigor interests me too. My single plant has cured a little and now smells like a slightly more fuelly bubba with a definite twang of lime... it is looking like the reveg will be successful and i plan to make S1s and possibly a fem bx to the bubba too might be worth exploring.

VG

right on thx, I think they are 40 days, this cabinet has a 40 inch ceiling, by 3.5ft x 6 ft grow space , I have 4 x 240w kingbright QB 3500k reds uv ir boards in there. I use gh 10ml bloom, 9ml micro and 5ml cal mag, coco soil, RO water, feed every time . The plant on the far left reminds me of bubba the way it grows and smells, a little bit of a leaf wagon , but what I was after was that turp profile and better leaf ratio and little better speed without loosing the bubba profile , I have tried over the years to get something better, and this is the closest I have come, the plant in the middle smells identical to bubba, the far right is a combo of the two I think

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful, leaves fading out nicely....
is that all the same plant ?

VG

jakespeed

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
yes, the first plant fading all pics from that plant , second plant is all pics from that plant, in the group pic earlier , the fader is on left and the second pics is the plant in the center. The clones have speed, Im liken that ,so they go to the next round, them two plants above I keep

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, got it.
Well-grown plants. on the Tall one the buds have really filled in!
and fast rooting is desirable.... i'm just nearly ready to take some clones off my reveg

VG

jakespeed

Veteran
picture.php
here are the three cuts of each I did of plants , the tall plant on left , the shorter plant on right. The plants root well, but the plants are quick growing, I take cuts again and throw these back in

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they look good, nice and bushy.. did you top or train them?

faster vegging is definitely a plus :)
the bubba is slow but it will veg pretty well if you give it plenty of root space and ideal conditions... it can take quite high nutes bit i think it is happier on a bit lighter strength.
The chem D is nt as slow as the bubba, but you wouldn't call it fast either !

i hope they do well for you as clones, always slightly different to the seed plants.

thanks for all the pics of happy plants !

VG :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts