Boreal Curing
Find something cool? Post it here.

Scanners on Maximum!
-- Star Trek

Apollo 15 landing site is strikingly clear in image captured from Earth

https://www.space.com/amp/apollo-15-landing-radar-image

armedoldhippy

Veteran
it has been my experience that deer like Pink Floyd. many times i have been sitting in jeep/truck, eating lunch while hunting, & had deer walk right up to vehicle when Floyd was on...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Experiments years ago demonstrated that a lightning strike can be triggered by launching a rocket connected to a long grounded copper wire into a thunderstorm. A strike triggered in that way tends to follow the wire. The wire quickly vaporizes and does not conduct a significant percentage of the lightning current. Its function is merely to guide a lightning strike to measuring equipment and protected observers.
View attachment 558745

View attachment 558746

View attachment 558747

View attachment 558748

:biggrin: uni of florida experiments

ever seen the glass structures created in the sand when they do that at the beach? cool looking stuff...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Experiments years ago demonstrated that a lightning strike can be triggered by launching a rocket connected to a long grounded copper wire into a thunderstorm. A strike triggered in that way tends to follow the wire. The wire quickly vaporizes and does not conduct a significant percentage of the lightning current. Its function is merely to guide a lightning strike to measuring equipment and protected observers.
View attachment 558745

View attachment 558746

View attachment 558747

View attachment 558748

:biggrin: uni of florida experiments

Didn't Benjamin Franklin do that? lol
primary-source-ben-franklin-kite-electricity-d21c2b12-2.jpg

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
In the early to late 70's I used to show this to my session buddies when we were sitting around mind wasted on some great sativas...

take a 5 gallon, glass carboy..
put about a shot-glass of 70% or 91% ISO in it...

Swirl the carboy around to get the ISO all over the inside
Turn off the lights
Light a match and hold it at the mouth of the carboy..

Listen to all the stoned fuckers say "Wow man,,, Far fucking out!"

Disclaimer: don't do this if you know you tend to be clumsy or know you're a total dumb-ass or you might burn your house down!
Otherwise, it's totally safe and a pretty cool effect!

PS... it makes a fairly loud whooshing and whooping noise, so don't freak out...

picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Big black belt guy can't flip a 90 year old Judo master, and master flips his ass and ties him in a knot.

[iframe1]hgR7FVE2TZo[/iframe1]

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

- Lightening Strike - outside of Geneva Switzerland - all we need to do now is to be able to catch the lightening and use it for power - wasn't it Nikolai Tesla that was working on that? - well over 100 years ago -

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Tesla said it was all around us in the atmosphere all the time. No need to capture lightning. But if you did, how do you store that much power!!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Time Crystals: A New Form Of Matter That Could Change Everything

jgKHAOrRQjyv2zL9EJZ6_time_crystals.jpg

Of all the science-fiction-sounding names that have come to fruition in recent years, perhaps none is as mysterious or seemingly fictitious as time crystals. The name evokes something between Back to the Future and Donnie Darko, and the reality is perhaps crazier than either.

Two separate groups of scientists recently reported that they observed time crystals, which lends credence to the idea that this theoretical state of matter is something humans can actually create and observe. And indeed, time crystals can be grown in a child’s bedroom. [more...]

St. Phatty

Big black belt guy can't flip a 90 year old Judo master, and master flips his ass and ties him in a knot.

[iframe1]hgR7FVE2TZo[/iframe1]

How much of Morehei Ueshiba's prowess in Aikido - at the end - was the result of his skill, and how much the adoration of his students ?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
On a very heavy mescaline(?) trip, I once saw God open his mouth and speak our universe into existence. With just a few sounds, our reality and everything in it was born.

"And God said - Let there be light"

I've never been a religious type. But the older I get, the more I know we have all that shit wrong wrong wrong.

Every 2000 years, there's a new epoch of man. First with Adam (no laws), then Moses (an eye for an eye), then Christ (compassion and turn the other cheek). We're due for another. And I'm pretty sure it won't come from Trump the chosen one. Lol. It'll be a further enlightenment of humanity. But it'll take another 2000 years until we understand the change completely. Unless we're at the end game (I don't think so).

Gry

Veteran
Would be interesting to learn what was actually behind the Franklin tale.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I tell you, Franklin was an alien here just to watch the birth of a nation, witness the first lighter than air flight (Paris), 1st post Master (Quebec city), electricity, and was supposed to write the declaration of Independence but the founding fathers didn't trust him not to insert a joke. Lol.

BTW, in Paris, he seduced every woman he met. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts