Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Farmerlion's Greenhouse 2018

Thread Title Search
Farmerlion's Greenhouse 2018 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2018, 02:33 AM #1
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
Farmerlion's Greenhouse 2018

Hello all!!!
Well another season is arriving to North Dakota. This season I'm re using my soil and adding two 35 gallon grow bags. I pulled the root balls out and broke up all soil. I added in a total of 90lbs. of worm castings, two cups of Leonardite in 35's and 3 cups in 45 gallon grow bags. I also added 4 cups of Icelandic Kelp (finely ground)per bag. About 15 new bags of soil were used and two new bags of peat were also mixed in.

I will be using Neptune's fish emulsion with Kelp this season. Last season I used Alaskan Brands. It worked very well but I want the liquid kelp additive for this year. The entire greenhouse was cleaned and reorganized.

I will put up a list of genetics after I eat a celebratory dinner.
Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:41 AM #2
Noonin NorCal

Noonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of light
Nice setup Farmer, Is that a ozone generator or a camera next to your fan?
Noonin NorCal is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:44 AM #3
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
These are the genetics I will be growing this season.

Ace seeds
4 Lebanese landrace plants regular
1 Lebanese x Erdpurt, Fem
1 Early Bubba Hash, Fem
1 Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f3 Fem
1 Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4 Fem
2 (Purple Malawi x PCK#47) x Purple NepJam Fem
1 Purple NepJam f6 reversed x Bangi Haze f29 Fem
1 Bangi Haze f29 reversed x Purple NepJam f6 Fem

CBG
2 Peyote Purple's Reg

Cannabeizein
1 NYCD x Second Sight Reg

Old world Genetics DJ Short
1 Miners Wife (Nepali OG x ChemDawg= Mothers Milk) x Blueberry f4 freebies Reg
3 Blueberry Reg

I was going to double plant the 45 gallon grow bags. I'm thinking now I will single plant all strains in both 35's and 45's. I will be doing a close study of the NepJam x Bangi Haze crosses and the reversal of same parental plants. I'm curious to see what traits are passed on in the f1 generation. Yes I know to do a real study I need a lot larger numbers to be accurate. I don't have the space for that. The 45 gallon bags that these plants will be in could be double planted yet just for the number ratios. I plan on doing an open pollination with a male from the Lebanese genetics. While in a greenhouse environment I can easily flower until the second week in October. I'm not looking to shorten the flowering cycle of the other plants. The Peyote Purple in particular flowers in 8 to 9 weeks. It just doesn't start flowering as early as some others. The Lebanese should give me a week to two weeks head start on flowering.

My goal is to have genetics that can easily be grown and harvested by end of September or first week of October at the latest. I also haven't made seed inside the greenhouse yet and am curious of the maturity of seeds made. I would like to have six weeks of flower growth with seed.

I hope you will find what I'm doing this year is interesting. Please stop by and check it out. If you have any questions leave a post or PM me. Peace

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:50 AM #4
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

Nonnin NorCal, Just my camera, I like to chronicle all steps of my grow. Many new growers have said they like the process and I try to be as detailed as possible. To some it might be repetitive and boring. If something doesn't work I want everyone to see why and we can all learn together. Kind of a long answer to a short question. Thanks for stopping by my friend. Peace

Old 04-23-2018, 04:01 AM #5
stemznseedz

stemznseedz will become famous soon enoughstemznseedz will become famous soon enough
Looks nice count me in!
stemznseedz is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2018, 03:44 AM #6
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice is just really niceItsmychoice is just really niceItsmychoice is just really niceItsmychoice is just really niceItsmychoice is just really niceItsmychoice is just really niceItsmychoice is just really niceItsmychoice is just really niceItsmychoice is just really nice
Tis my dream

To do what you are about to do my good sir. Here's to strong roots and frosty flowers!
Itsmychoice is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2018, 05:16 PM #7
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

It's my choice, thanks for stopping by. I may move germination up to the first of May if it stays warm. The soil is looking and smelling great. I might add the worms this weekend and let them do their thing. No late winter blizzards in the forecast. Damn near time to go! Peace

Old 04-26-2018, 03:49 AM #8
hamstring

hamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nice
I'm puling up chair and interested in learning more about green house growing.

Why did you choose containers vs growing in the ground?

Is your heater natural gas? Is it for warmth or humidity problems or both?
hamstring is offline Quote

Old 04-26-2018, 06:23 PM #9
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

Hamstring, my natural soil is rock hard clay and scoria. The small heater is for heat only. I haven't had any humidity issues yet. Good fans and ventilation keep it about right. I do have a regular propane furnace. It should be installed before fall. I will certainly share my experiences with you on greenhouse growing. I'm still learning, but it has been good so far. Peace brother

Old 04-27-2018, 01:15 PM #10
Goldslug

Goldslug will become famous soon enough
Nice farm man , good luck i fallow your thread
Goldslug is offline Quote