What's new

125w agrobrite blub fluorowing replacement for 250w mh

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I have 2 small veg chambers about 2' x 3' x 3.5'. one is on too of other. On bottom is sunsystems 250 w hps. On top is a sun systems 250w mh that is arcing and I want to replace it. Both are air cooled end of the line.(no Daisy chains). I want to lower power consumption so I thought maybe the 125 w agrobrite fluorowing fixture (non air cooled). Any have one of these fixtures? Do you guys think that's enuf, or should I get a 150 hps?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I still have the 125 watt units you mention, in both 2700K and 6500K. They are both on a shelf after using for vegging and budding.

I would recommend staying with the 250 mh or go down to a 150w CMH if heat is a problem. The comparison between CFL and CMH or MH is tremendous in side by side testing.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Heat not the issue. Power consumption is. was going to replace the innards of the 250 mh but now since it won't stay on, and I want a cheaper electric bill I'm thinking go down in wattage. I will definitely look up the cmh.

So you used them only one time and stuck it on shelf? I figured so, being they only cost about 40 bucks reflector and all.

Buddy lent it to me, haven't hooked it up yet. Haven't even looked to see what the Kelvin is. Ill probably use it for a week or so till I can get something else.
Thanks for the info!